Setting the Self-Timer
This is useful when you want to include yourself in the picture when recording
movies or still photographs.
1. Press the
self-timer button on the body of the camcorder
the SELF TIMER button on the wireless controller.
• SELF-T appears in the display.
• To have the subject monitor recording, rotate the LCD panel 180° (
2. Press the start/stop button.
• The camcorder starts to record after a 10-second countdown period (or after
2 seconds when you use the wireless controller). The time remaining counts
down in the display (e.g. "5 SEC").
• SELF-T disappears from the display when recording begins.
3. Press the start/stop button to end recording.
2. Press a PHOTO button on the camcorder body or the wireless
• The camcorder automatically adjusts the focus 2 seconds before the
countdown is complete. The F mark flashes white then turns green after the
focus and exposure are set. If you are using the wireless controller, the F
mark starts flashing immediately after you press the PHOTO button.
• The camcorder takes the picture for approximately 6 seconds.