Cradle for Reader
© 2006 Sony Corporation Printed in China
Notes on use
• Do not subject the unit to:
– Extreme heat or cold
– Dust, dirt, or sand
– High humidity
– Strong magnetic ﬁelds
– Mechanical shock
– Direct sunlight (for extended periods of time)
• Do not set the unit on an unstable surface as it may fall, causing injury or
• Do not drop the unit.
• Unplug the AC power adapter from the AC outlet when not in use for an
extended period of time. To disconnect the power cord, pull it out by the
plug. Never pull the cord itself.
• Be sure that nothing metallic comes into contact with the metal parts of
this unit. If this happens, a short circuit may occur and the unit may be
• Do not operate the unit if it has a damaged cord or if it has been dropped
• Always keep the metal contacts clean.
• Do not disassemble or modify the unit.
• While the unit is in use, it gets warm. This is normal.
• Keep the unit away from TV or AM receivers, as it may disturb reception.
Clean the unit with a soft, dry cloth or a soft cloth lightly moistened with a
mild detergent solution. Do not use any type of solvent, such as alcohol or
benzine, which may damage the ﬁnish.
On "LIMITED WARRANTY" card
• The unit comes with a "LIMITED WARRANTY" card, which should be
obtained from the store when you purchase the unit.
• Fill out the prescribed items, check the contents and keep in a safe place.
• Warranty period is 1 year from date of purchase.
Sony guarantees repair/replacement of this product, as described in the
"LIMITED WARRANTY" card within the warranty period. For details, refer to
the "LIMITED WARRANTY" card.
Note on installation
If you use the unit at a place subject to static or electrical noise, the ﬁle's
transferring information may be corrupted. This would prevent successful
transferring authorization on your computer.
Checking the package contents and
This cradle is designed for use only with SONY Reader PRS-500.
For details on PRS-500, refer to its Operation Guide.
Checking the package contents
• Charging cradle (1)
• Attachment (1)
Pre-installed in the cradle when you purchase this product.
Used with the soft cover (supplied with Sony Reader) removed.
Remove the attachment while using the soft cover.
Checking other components
• Sony Reader
• Soft cover *
• USB cable *
• AC power adapter *
• AC power cord *
* Supplied with Sony Reader.
Guide to parts
DC IN jack
To connect Sony Reader to the cradle.
To connect the AC power adapter (supplied with Sony Reader).
To connect the USB cable (supplied with Sony Reader).
Lights up in white while charging, and goes off when charging is