Checking the bundled items
• Camera (1)
Camera is set in the Waterproof Case. Open the cover of the case as illustrated
• Micro USB cable (1)
• Rechargeable battery pack
Digital 4K Video Camera Recorder
• Waterproof Case (1)
• Attachment Buckle (1)
• Flat Adhesive Mount (1)
• Curved Adhesive Mount (1)
• Startup Guide (this document) (1)
• Reference Guide (1)
For the detailed information on how to use the camera and software,
Name of main parts
visit the following Web site.
REC HOLD switch
To edit movies, use the PC software dedicated to the camera "Action
REC (Movie/Photo) button/
ENTER (Menu execute) button
Cam Movie Creator." You can download it from the following Web site.
PREV (previous menu) button
NEXT (next menu) button
The information on the sticker (in the perforated box, below) is required
when connecting the camera to a smartphone.
IR remote receiver
Connector cover (HDMI OUT,
Multi/Micro USB Terminal)
REC/access/CHG (charge) lamp
Battery pack/memory card cover
Confirm that the camera is turned off.
Charging the battery pack
To turn off the camera, press the NEXT or PREV button several
times to display [PwOFF], and press the ENTER button.
Slide the lock lever down to open the battery pack cover.
Open the connector cover () and connect the camera to
an activated computer with the micro USB cable (supplied)
Insert the battery pack.
Inserting a memory card
Align the mark as illustrated.
Close the cover.
Confirm that the yellow mark on the lock lever is not visible.
• Insert the memory card properly, confirming each side is facing the
• To eject the memory card, lightly push the memory card once.
* Use an SDXC card (Class10) when recording movies in XAVC S. Use an
SDXC UHS-I memory card (U3) when recording movies with 100 Mbps.
• Operation with all memory cards is not assured.
• Confirm the direction of the memory card. If you forcibly insert the memory card
in the wrong direction, the memory card, memory card slot, or image data may
Lights in amber
• Format the memory card before use.
• Confirm that the connector cover and the battery pack/memory card cover are
securely closed and any foreign matter is not stuck in the cover before use.
Otherwise, it may result in water immersion.
Setting the clock
Press the NEXT or PREV button and select [SETUP] [CONFG]
[DATE] to set the date and time, and region.
Micro USB cable
Press the NEXT or PREV button to turn the camera on.
Press the NEXT or PREV button to select the desired
Press the REC button to start recording.
To stop recording, press the REC button again.
* When you press the REC button while the camera is turned off,
recording starts with the last shooting mode set before the
Memory Stick Micro™
camera was turned off.
• During periods of extended shooting, camera temperature may rise to a point
where shooting stops automatically.
• Playback of images recorded with other cameras, is not assured on this camera.
• If you play back [XAVC S 120p/100p] or [XAVC S 240p/200p] movies recorded
with this camera on a camera which does not support that format, the camera
may freeze. In this case, remove and reinsert the battery.
You can change the shooting mode and various settings of the camera
in [SETUP] mode.
Press the NEXT or PREV button to display [SETUP] and press
the ENTER button.
Press the NEXT or PREV button to display the item to set
and press the ENTER button.
© 2015 Sony Corporation
Printed in China