When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed to
reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and/or injury, including the following:
• Read all instructions.
• Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
• To protect against fire, electric shock and injury to
persons do not immerse cord, plugs or appliance in
water or other liquid.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance
is used by or near children.
• Unplug from outlet when not in use and before
• Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts,
and before cleaning the appliance.
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord
or plug, or after the appliance malfunctions or has
been damaged in any manner. Contact Consumer
Support at the number listed in this manual.
• The use of accessory attachments not
recommended by the appliance manufacturer may
result in fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
• Do not use outdoors.
• Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter,
or touch hot surfaces.
• Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric
burner, or in a heated oven.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
POLARIZED PLUG (120V models only)
This appliance has a polarized plug
(one blade is wider than the other). To
reduce the risk of electric shock, this
plug is intended to fit into a polarized
outlet only one way. If the plug does not
fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug.
If it still does not fit, contact a qualified
electrician. Do not attempt to modify the
plug in any way.
Warning: This appliance is equipped
with a tamper-resistant screw to prevent
removal of the outer cover. To reduce
the risk of fire or electric shock, do not
attempt to remove the outer cover.
There are no user-serviceable parts
inside. Repair should be done only by
authorized service personnel.
Please Read and Save this Use and Care Book.
This product is for household use only.
• To disconnect, make sure brew indicator light is
off by pressing ON/OFF button, then remove plug
from wall outlet.
• Do not use this appliance for other than
• Keep lid on the carafe when in use.
• Scalding may occur if the lid is removed during the
• The carafe is designed for use with this appliance.
It must never be used on a range top.
• Do not set a hot carafe on a wet or cold surface.
• Do not use a cracked carafe or a carafe having a
loose or weakened handle.
• Do not clean carafe with cleansers, steel wool pads
or other abrasive material.
• This appliance is not intended for use by persons
(including children) with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities, or lack of experience
and knowledge, unless they have been given
supervision or instruction concerning use of the
appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
• Children should be supervised to ensure that they
do not play with the appliance.
1. A short power-supply cord is provided
to reduce the risk resulting from
becoming entangled in or tripping over a
2. Extension cords may be used if care
is exercised in their use.
3. If an extension cord is used:
a) The marked electrical rating of the
extension cord should be at least
as great as the electrical rating of
b) If the appliance is of the grounded
type, the extension cord should be a
grounding-type 3-wire cord.
c) The cord should be arranged so that
it will not drape over the countertop
or tabletop where it can be pulled on
by children or tripped over.
Note: If the power cord is damaged,
please call our Customer Service line
listed in these instructions.