Helpful Hints and Tips
Hints for freezing
To help you make the most of the freezing
process, here are some important hints:
• the maximum quantity of food which can
be frozen in 24 hrs. is shown on the rating
• the freezing process takes 24 hours. No
further food to be frozen should be added
during this period;
• only freeze top quality, fresh and thorough-
ly cleaned, foodstuffs;
• prepare food in small portions to enable it
to be rapidly and completely frozen and to
make it possible subsequently to thaw only
the quantity required;
• wrap up the food in aluminium foil or pol-
ythene and make sure that the packages
• do not allow fresh, unfrozen food to touch
food which is already frozen, thus avoiding
a rise in temperature of the latter;
• lean foods store better and longer than
fatty ones; salt reduces the storage life of
Care and cleaning
Caution! Unplug the appliance before
carrying out any maintenance operation.
This appliance contains hydrocarbons in
its cooling unit; maintenance and re-
charging must therefore only be carried
out by authorized technicians.
The equipment has to be cleaned regularly:
• clean the inside and accessories with luke-
warm water and some neutral soap.
• regularly check the door seals and wipe
clean to ensure they are clean and free
• rinse and dry thoroughly.
Important! Do not pull, move or damage any
pipes and/or cables inside the cabinet.
Never use detergents, abrasive powders,
highly perfumed cleaning products or wax
polishes to clean the interior as this will dam-
age the surface and leave a strong odour.
Clean the condenser (black grill) and the
compressor at the back of the appliance with
a brush or a vacuum cleaner. This operation
• water ices, if consumed immediately after
removal from the freezer compartment,
can possibly cause the skin to be freeze
• it is advisable to show the freezing in date
on each individual pack to enable you to
keep tab of the storage time.
Hints for storage of frozen food
To obtain the best performance from this ap-
pliance, you should:
• make sure that the commercially frozen
foodstuffs were adequately stored by the
• be sure that frozen foodstuffs are transfer-
red from the foodstore to the freezer in the
shortest possible time;
• not open the door frequently or leave it
open longer than absolutely necessary.
• Once defrosted, food deteriorates rapidly
and cannot be refrozen.
• Do not exceed the storage period indica-
ted by the food manufacturer.
will improve the performance of the appli-
ance and save electricity consumption.
Important! Take care of not to damage the
Many proprietary kitchen surface cleaners
contain chemicals that can attack/damage
the plastics used in this appliance. For this
reason it is recommended that the outer cas-
ing of this appliance is only cleaned with
warm water with a little washing-up liquid
After cleaning, reconnect the equipment to
the mains supply.
Defrosting the freezer
A certain amount of frost will always form on
the freezer shelves and around the top com-
Defrost the freezer when the frost layer rea-
ches a thickness of about 3-5 mm.