Setting the sleep timer
You can set the TV so it turns off automatically.
To set the sleep timer:
Repeatedly press the SLEEP button on the remote control. The clock
will count down 10 minutes for each press of the SLEEP button (120,
110, ...10, 0). After the sleep time is programmed, the display will
appear briefly every ten minutes to remind you that the sleep timer is
To confirm the sleep timer setting:
Press the SLEEP button and the remaining time will be momen-
To cancel the sleep timer:
Repeatedly press the SLEEP button until the display turns to 0.
Using the closed caption feature
You have two options with the closed caption feature: captions or text.
A caption is a printed version of the dialogue, narration and/or sound
effects of a TV program. Text is information not related to the program
that appears on half of the TV screen.
To view captions or text:
1. Select the desired program. The captioned programs are usually
marked in your local TV listing by "CC".
2. Press CAP/TEXT repeatedly to select caption or text mode.
3. Press 1/2 to select the caption or text channel.
4. To turn off the closed-captioned feature, press CAP/TEXT
repeatedly until the normal TV viewing appears on the screen.
A closed caption signal may not be decoded
in the following situations:
• when a video tape has been dubbed
• when the signal reception is weak
• when the signal reception is non-standard
When you choose a closed captioned channel
and the text mode, the text screen always
appears as a black box. When there is no
signal, however, the text screen will not
display text characters. Repeatedly press
CAP/TEXT until the box disappears.