BFB5000WM User Manual Microwave combi-oven BHB5000WM KME525800M KMK525800M USER MANUAL...
FOR PERFECT RESULTS Thank you for choosing this AEG product. We have created it to give you impeccable performance for many years, with innovative technologies that help make life simpler – features you might not find on ordinary appliances. Please spend a few minutes reading to get the very best from it.
CONTENTS 1. SAFETY INFORMATION................5 1.1 Children and vulnerable people safety............. 5 1.2 General Safety....................5 2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS................8 2.1 Installation......................8 2.2 Electrical connection..................8 2.3 Use........................9 2.4 Care and cleaning...................10 2.5 Internal lighting....................10 2.6 Service......................10 2.7 Disposal......................11 3. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION................12 3.1 General overview....................12 4.
CONTENTS 11. CARE AND CLEANING................32 11.1 Notes on cleaning..................32 12. TROUBLESHOOTING................33 12.1 What to do if....................33 12.2 Service data....................33 13. ENERGY EFFICIENCY................35 13.1 Energy saving....................35 14. IT'S EASY!....................36 4/40...
SAFETY INFORMATION Before the installation and use of the appliance, carefully read the supplied instructions. The manufacturer is not responsible for any injuries or damage that are the result of incorrect installation or usage. Always keep the instructions in a safe and accessible location for future reference.
SAFETY INFORMATION Do not use harsh abrasive cleaners or sharp metal scrapers • to clean the glass door since they can scratch the surface, which may result in shattering of the glass. If the mains power supply cable is damaged, it must be •...
SAFETY INFORMATION Microwave heating of beverages can result in delayed • eruptive boiling. Care must be taken when handling the container. The contents of feeding bottles and baby food jars shall be • stirred or shaken and the temperature checked before consumption, in order to avoid burns.
2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS 2.1 Installation WARNING! Only a qualified person must install this appliance. • Remove all the packaging. • Do not install or use a damaged appliance. • Follow the installation instructions supplied with the appliance. • Always take care when moving the appliance as it is heavy. Always use safety gloves and enclosed footwear.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS • All electrical connections should be made by a qualified electrician. • The appliance must be earthed. • Make sure that the parameters on the rating plate are compatible with the electrical ratings of the mains power supply. •...
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS – do not put aluminium foil directly on the bottom of cavity of the appliance. – do not put water directly into the hot appliance. – do not keep moist dishes and food in the appliance after you finish the cooking. –...
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS 2.7 Disposal WARNING! Risk of injury or suffocation. • Disconnect the appliance from the mains supply. • Cut off the mains electrical cable close to the appliance and dispose of it. • Remove the door catch to prevent children or pets from becoming trapped in the appliance. 11/40...
4. CONTROL PANEL 4.1 Retractable knobs To use the appliance press the knob. The knob comes out. 4.2 Sensor fields / Buttons To set the clock functions and microwave power. Use only while a heating function works. To start a heating function. Press to extend a microwave func‐ tion duration for 30 sec.
5. BEFORE FIRST USE WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. Set the time before you use the oven. 5.1 Initial Cleaning Step 1 Step 2 Step 3 Clean the oven and the ac‐ Remove all accessories from cessories with a soft cloth, Place the accessories in the the oven.
6. DAILY USE WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 6.1 Setting function: Microwave How to start cooking with the default settings: Step 1 Turn the knob for the heating functions. First, the display shows the default setting for microwave power and then the default setting for: Duration.
DAILY USE 6.2 How to set: Microwave Combi The oven can make noises when using the function: Microwave Combi. They are normal for this function. Step 1 Insert the low grill rack. Step 2 Turn the knob for the heating functions to select the function: The display shows the default microwave power.
DAILY USE Heating function Application To cook food in a short time and to brown it. You can set 2 levels of grill intensity: low and high. Grill + MW To grill thin pieces of food and to toast bread. Grill To heat drinks and soups.
7. CLOCK FUNCTIONS 7.1 Clock functions table Clock function Application To show or change the time of day. You can change the time of day only when the oven is off. Time of Day To set the length of cooking. Use only when a heating func‐ tion is set.
CLOCK FUNCTIONS Step 3 Turn the control knob to set the minutes. - press to confirm. Step 4 Turn the control knob to set the hours. Press: When the set time ends the signal sounds for 2 min. Time setting flash in the display. The oven turns off automatically.
CLOCK FUNCTIONS Step 4 Turn the control knob to set the hour for the function: Duration. Press: The display shows: Step 5 Turn the control knob to set the hour for the function: End Time. Press: Step 6 Turn the control knob to set the minutes for the function: End Time. Press: The display shows: Oven turns on automatically later on, works for the set Duration time and stops at the set End...
8. USING THE ACCESSORIES WARNING! Refer to Safety chapters. 8.1 Inserting accessories Use only suitable cookware and material. Refer to "Hints and tips" chapter, Microwave suitable cookware and materials. Turntable set: Always cook food on the turntable set. Place the roller guide around the turntable shaft.
9. ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS 9.1 How to use: Child lock When the function is on the oven cannot be turned on accidentally. Step 1 Ensure the knob for the heating functions is in the off position. Step 2 - press and hold at the same time for 2 sec. To turn off the Child Lock, repeat the step 2.
10. HINTS AND TIPS Refer to Safety chapters. 10.1 Cooking recommendations The temperature and cooking times in the tables are guidelines only. They depend on the recipes and the quality and quantity of the ingredients used. Your oven may cook differently to the oven you had before. The tables below show recommended heating functions and settings for cooking time for specific types of the food.
HINTS AND TIPS 10.3 Microwave suitable cookware and materials For the microwave use only suitable cookware and materials. Use below table as a reference. Check the cookware / material specification before use. Cookware / Material Ovenproof glass and porce‐ lain with no metal compo‐ nents, e.g.
HINTS AND TIPS Cookware / Material Baking tins, black lacquer or silicon-coated Cookware for microwave use, e.g. crisp pan Grill rack set 10.4 Grill Grill only thin pieces of meat or fish. Preheat the empty oven before cooking. Place the food on the high grill rack. Use the function: Grill.
HINTS AND TIPS 10.5 Microwave cooking Tips for Microwave Cooking / Defrosting results Possible cause Remedy The food is too dry. Power was too high. Set lower power or/and short‐ Cooking time was too long. er cooking time. The food is not defrosted, cold Cooking time was too short.
HINTS AND TIPS DAIRY PRODUCTS Set power for 100 W. (kg) (min) Standing time (min) Butter 0.25 3 - 4 5 - 10 Grated cheese 1 - 2 10 - 15 CAKES AND BREAD Set power for 200 W unless specified (min) Standing otherwise.
HINTS AND TIPS MICROWAVE (min) Standing time (min) Whole fish 0.5 kg 5 - 7 2 - 5 Fish fillet 0.5 kg 3 - 4 2 - 5 Vegetables, fresh 0.5 kg + 50 ml of 6 - 10 water Vegetables, frozen 0.5 kg + 50 ml of 10 - 15...
HINTS AND TIPS 10.6 Recommended power settings for different kinds of food The data in the table is for guidance only. 800 - 1000 W Searing at the start of the cooking process Heating liquids 500 - 700 W Defrosting Cooking veg‐...
HINTS AND TIPS MICROWAVE FUNCTION (kg) (min) Sponge cake 0.475 Turntable 5 - 7 Meatloaf Turntable 18 - 20 Egg custard Turntable 15 - 17 Meat defrosting Turntable 8 - 9 Use the function: Grill + MW Use the low grill rack. MICROWAVE COMBI FUNCTION Grill intensity...
11. CARE AND CLEANING 11.1 Notes on cleaning Clean the front of the oven with a soft cloth with warm water and a mild deter‐ gent. Use a cleaning solution to clean metal surfaces. Cleaning Clean stains with a mild detergent. Agents Clean the cavity after each use.
12. TROUBLESHOOTING 12.1 What to do if... In any cases not included in this table please contact with an Authorised Service Centre. The oven does not turn on or does not heat up Problem Check if... You cannot activate or operate the oven. The oven is correctly connected to an electrical supply.
TROUBLESHOOTING We recommend that you write the data here: Model (MOD.) ......... Product number (PNC) ......... Serial number (S.N.) ......... 34/40...
13. ENERGY EFFICIENCY 13.1 Energy saving The oven has features which help you save energy during everyday cooking. Make sure that the oven door is closed when the oven operates. Do not open the oven door too often during cooking. Keep the door gasket clean and make sure it is well fixed in its position. When possible, do not preheat the oven before cooking.
14. IT'S EASY! Familiarize yourself with the icons on the Familiarize yourself with the symbols from control panel the Quick Guide To set the clock functions, micro‐ wave power. To start a heating function, extend microwave function duration for 30 Knob for the heating Control knob seconds.
IT'S EASY! Setting function: Microwave Setting function: Microwave Combi Setting and changing the time Setting the duration Press repeatedly: - starts to flash on the display. Setting the Minute Minder: Press repeatedly: - starts to flash on the display. 37/40...
IT'S EASY! Setting the Minute Minder: 38/40...
15. ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERNS Recycle materials with the symbol . Put the packaging in relevant containers to recycle it. Help protect the environment and human health by recycling waste of electrical and electronic appliances. Do not dispose of appliances marked with the symbol with the household waste.