• Select a firm, level, and flat location.
• When operating, large volumes of air are drawn toward the air purifier. Surrounding areas should be cleaned
and/or vacuumed frequently to prevent build-up of dust and other contaminants. This may also help
prolong the life of the filter. If the unit is placed on a light colored carpet, a small mat or rug should be used
underneath to prevent permanent staining. This is especially important in homes with contamination from
smoking, fireplaces, or where candles are burned.
• Ensure the front of the unit faces away from the closest wall or furniture.
• Ensure no grilles are blocked.
INSTALL HEPA FILTERS AND ODOR REDUCING PRE-FILTER
The HEPA Filters and Odor Reducing Pre-filter are supplied within the air purifier. New air purifiers have their filters
wrapped to ensure purity, and are labeled to help identify the proper replacement filter (
Odor Reducing Pre-filter
• Before using your new air purifier you must remove the wrappers covering the filters and
pre-filter. Make sure the air purifier is OFF and unplugged. Press the two hand symbols ( ) on the
front grille to release it from the unit and pull the grille toward you to remove it (see Fig. 2). Grasp the sides of
the filter frame near its top end and pull outward. Repeat for the second and third filters (if applicable).
• Remove protective wrap from the filters (including the pre-filter) that have
been supplied with your air purifier.
• Place the HEPA filters into the air purifier housing. Ensure that the removal
"pull" tabs are facing outward (this will facilitate filter removal later). Place
the pre-filter in front of the HEPA filters. Secure the edges of the pre-filter to
fasteners located around the edges of where the HEPA filters are inserted.
These will hold the pre-filter securely in place.
• Replace the front grille by placing the tabs on the bottom of the grille into the
slot(s) on the unit. Gently push the top of the grille into place by pressing on
the hand symbols ( ) to secure in place.
Certified HEPA Filter