CONTENTS SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM....................1 SPECIFICATIONS ......................3 GENERAL GUIDE ......................6 RESET OPERATIONS ....................11 BATTERY REPLACEMENT ..................13 ERROR MESSAGE ..................... 15 LSI PIN FUNCTION ..................... 16 OPERATION CHECK ....................18 TO SAVE THE DATA TO ANOTHER MACHINE ............20 TROUBLESHOOTING....................
1. SCHEMATIC DIAGRAM NOTES: 1. DP1, DP2, and DP3 are the checking points for the power supply. 2. CP50, CP51, CP52, and DP1 are the terminals for the data transfer. 3. The other terminals marked with may be used to function checking. —...
2. SPECIFICATIONS Telephone Directory Mode Storage and recall of telephone directory data (name, telephone number, portrait). Each item can contain up to 380 characters with a Fun Face. Includes secret memory area and auto sort function. Schedule Mode Storage and recall of appointments (month/date/hour/minute, description). Includes secret memory area and auto sort function.
General Display: Liquid crystal display Memory Capacity: 4,096 bytes Power Supply: Main batteries – Two AAA-size batteries (LR03 (AM-4) or R03 (UM-4)) Back-up battery – One lithium battery (CR2032) Power Consumption: 0.2 W Battery Life: Main batteries – LR03 (AM-4) •...
Mode Bytes per Data Item Telephone Directory (name) + (telephone number) + 15 Schedule (description) + 12 Data Memo (memo name) + (memo contents) + 3 Examples: Telephone Directory data only When all items use 10 characters for the name and 12 characters for the phone number, you can store approximately 110 items.
• Never use strong liquid cleaners such as lacquer thinner or benzine to clean the unit. • In no event will CASIO or its suppliers be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including any incidental or consequential expenses, lost profits, lost savings, or any other damages arising out of the use of this product.
Displaying the Menues There is a total of three icon menues which are named MENU 1, MENU 2, and MENU 3. An icon menu will appear on the display once the switch is turnd on, and the other icon menues can be selected by using the MENU key.
Setting the System Language The JD-5500/C-310 can display messages in any one of five languages: English, Spanish, Italian, German, and French. To set the system language 1. Press MENU to display any menu (MENU 1, MENU 2, or MENU 3).
Features and Functions Telephone Directory Mode Store the names and phone numbers of your friends, along with their portraits. Schedule Mode Keep track of your promises and appointments. Data Memo Mode Store short memos and reminders. Secret Memory Area Keep your data private. Timekeeping Mode A built-in clock shows the current time.
Magic Beam Mode It is possible for this unit to communicate with the following CASIO units: JD-5500, JD-6000, JD- 6000A, JD-7000, and JD-7000R using infrared light, without direct cable communication. Effective range 20° Approximately 8 meters (8.7 yards) Things to check for if you are having problems with Magic Beam •...
4. RESET OPERATIONS Use the following operation to reset the unit and clear its memory. Important! • Be sure to reset the unit before using it for the first time. • Do not use a very sharp pencil to press the RESET button. Doing so can damage the unit. To reset the unit 1.
When the unit does not work properly ... The unit may stop working properly after it is subjected to strong electrostatic charge or strong impact. If this happens, first check to make sure that the main batteries and back-up battery are correctly installed, and then perform the following operation.
5. BATTERY REPLACEMENT Low Battery Warning The message, "Low Battery" appears whenever battery power drops below a certain level (about 2.70 V). Replace the main battery immediately after this message appears. Whenever the low battery warning message appears, the OFF key will be the only function that works. If you don't turn the unit off yourself, power will switch off automatically about 30 seconds after the low battery warning appears.
To replace the main batteries 1. Switch power off. 2. Loosen the screw of the large battery compartment cover on the back of the unit, and slide the battery compartment cover in the direction noted by the arrow. (Figure 1) 3.
6. ERROR MESSAGE Message Meaning Action Error! Magic Beam communication error. Correct cause of problem and try again. Check Time! Always appears when RESET Confirm that the current time operation is aborted. setting is correct. Memory Full! Memory is full. Reduce number of characters in data being stored, or delete unneeded data from memory.
7. LSI PIN FUNCTION 1. CPU (HC3009-01-F1) Pin No. Signal In/Out Function DUMMY Not used 2 ~ 9 IO0 ~ 7 In/Out Data bus CS6B0 Chip enable signal for ROM CS7B0 Chip enable signal for RAM DUMMY Not used WEB0 Write enable signal for RAM OEB0 Output enable signal for RAM and ROM...
Pin No. Signal In/Out Function VSSR GND/0[V] 85 ~ 108 C1 ~ 24 Common signal display 109, 110 S1, S2 Not used 111 ~ 205 S3 ~ 96 Segment signal for display DUMMY Not used 207, 208 XI, XO In/Out Clock terminal (DT-26S) DUMMY Not used...
8. OPERATION CHECK Note: (1) Please save all data stored in the unit to another unit by using the method described in section 9 before starting this check program, because the data will be corrupted by this operation. (2) The TEST operation procedure shown below is defined as the short-circuit operation metioned in section 9.
NOTE STEP OPERATION DISPLAY SPACE 1.MEM 4.OPT(ZX806) 2.DSP 5.RESET 3.KEY Enter the infra-red 1.TRAN 2.RCV/MASTER transmission mode The procedures mentioned below are for the infra-red transmission check. For this, it is necessary that another unit, as a receiver, takes part in the check besides the present unit.
9. TO SAVE THE DATA TO ANOTHER MACHINE It is commonly necessary to save all data stored in the customer's unit before repairing it. For this purpose, you can transfer the data of the JD-5500 or C-310 unit to another unit using the following procedure.
(3) To do data transfer Please switch both the units on, and make them enter the MENU1 mode. Thus you may start to transfer all data of customer’s unit to the receiving unit following the procedure shown below. MENU 1 MENU 1 TEST Over 2 seconds TEST...
button battery Shortcircuit the two shorting pads with a shorting pin for over 2 seconds. shorting pads Shorting pin — 22 —...
10. TROUBLESHOOTING 1. Intermittent display START Is the Heat seal defective ? Replace Is the battery contact weak ? Clean and adjust pressure of contact Are there short circuit around the pins Resolder of the LSI (HC3009-01-F1) ? Is the soldering weak ? Resolder Replace the Z806-1 ass'y 2.
3. No display START Is the battery contact weak? Clean and adjust pressure of contact Is the battery switch contact weak? Clean and adjust pressure of contact Is the AC key contact weak? Clean or replace the rubber key Are there short circuit around Resolder the pins of the LSI? Check or replace the electrolytic...
A : JD-5500 (Black case) B : JD-5500 (Blue case) C : JD-5500 (Green case) 12. PARTS LIST D : C-310 FOB Japan Quantity Item Code No. Parts Name Specification N.R.Yen A B C D Unit Price Z806-1 ASS'Y C1,27...
FOB Japan Quantity Item Code No. Parts Name Specification N.R.Yen A B C D Unit Price 6408 6960 Tape D-L172 A414156-1 1 1 1 1 20 6409 8360 Tape F-L173AH A414728-2 2 2 2 2 20 6413 2880 Z806-1 ASS'Y A111142C*1 1 1 1 1 COMPONENTS...
FOB Japan Quantity Item Code No. Parts Name Specification N.R.Yen A B C D Unit Price 6412 0910 Label A-Z806DH A414151-14 0 0 1 0 6412 0750 Label A-Z806CH A414151-13 0 0 0 1 6408 0100 Battery spring A-L370 A410112-3 1 1 1 1 20 6408 6710 Battery spring B-L172 A412984-2...
8-11-10, Nishi-Shinjuku Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160, Japan Telephone: 03-3347-4926...