External connect kit
For authorized service personnel only.
OPTIONAL KIT INSTALLATION (OPTION)
This air conditioner can be connected with the following optional kits.
• Wired remote controller
• Simple remote controller
• External connect kit
BEFORE INSTALL WIRED REMOTE CONTROLLER
• When you use wired remote controller, some functions may not be used.
• Before installing, be sure to disconnect all power supply.
• Don't touch the heat exchanger.
• During installing or removing operation, be sure not to have wire caught by parts or
draw it hard. Or it may result troubles to the air-conditioner.
• Avoid place in direct sunlight.
• Select place that will not be affected by the heat from a stove, etc
• Before setting up the optional kit, please con¿ rm whether air-conditioner can receive
• Do not connect the wired remote controller to the terminal for power supply.
• When connecting the wired remote controller with the indoor unit, use the connecting
cable (supplied with wired remote controller or simple remote controller).
• Recommended cable length of wired remote controller is 32 ft. (10 m). Make sure to
do insulate of connecting part when extended the cable.
Do not connect power supply with the terminal.
Remote controller cord modi¿ cation
(1) Use a tool to cut off the terminal on the end of the remote controller cord, and then
remove the insulation from the cut end of the cord.
(2) Connect the remote controller cord and connecting cord.
(supplied with wired remote controller)
Important: Be sure to insulate the connection between the cords.
Installing wired remote controller terminal /
external connect kit terminal (sold separately)
(1) Remove the screw on the control box as shown on the top right of the figure below.
(2) Release both bottom clasps at the sides in the direction of the arrow as circled in
the bottom left of the figure below. Pull and remove the cover.
(3) Connect the wired remote controller terminal / external connect kit terminal (sold
separately) to the specified terminal on the board as shown below. Please connect
to the connector with necessary function according to the actual usage.
(4) After connecting each terminal, thread the cables through the notch as circled on
the bottom right of the figure below.
(3) Wired remote controller
: CNC01(White) *
(3) Control input (Operation/
Stop or Forced stop) con-
: CNA01(White) *
* : Symbol indicating the location printed on the board
(5) Install the control box cover as shown below.
(Align the cover with the upper and lower right corners as indicated by the triangular
symbols on the figure.
Insert the clasps on the cover into both sides at the bottom of the two dotted
• When installing the control box cover, make sure that the cables are not caught as
shown in the detail view.
(6) Install one screw.
(7) Screw the earth wire of wired remote controller as shown in the figure.
(AUSTRALIA model only).
Installing communication box
Removing intake grille
(1) Remove the screws (x4). (Use the same screws when installing.)
(2) Pull the control box cover towards you and remove.
(3) Remove the connectors (x4).
• Remove and pull off the lock at the side of the connector insertion part.
(3) Error Status output
: CNB02(Black) *
(3) Operation status
: CNB01(White) *