1. POWER Button - Press to turn on the TV. Press again
to turn off the TV.
2. Direct Channel Selection Buttons (0-9) - Allows direct
access to any channel.
3. CH RTN Button - Repeatedly press CH RTN to toggle
back and forth between the last two channels you tuned.
Before using the remote control, batteries must first be installed.
HOW TO INSTALL BATTERIES
1. Open the battery compartment cover.
2. Install two "AAA" (penlight size) batteries.
3. Replace the battery compartment cover.
4. SLEEP Button - To set the TV to turn off after a preset
amount of time, press the SLEEP button on the remote
control. The clock will count down 10 minutes each time
the button is pressed in the order of 120, 110, 100, ······ 20,
10, 0. After the sleep time is programmed, the display will
disappear then reappear momentarily every ten minutes to
remind you the sleep timer function is operating. To
confirm the sleep time setting, press the SLEEP button
once and the remaining time will be momentarily displayed.
To cancel sleep time, press the SLEEP button repeatedly
until the display turns to 0.
5. VOL (VOLUME) + / – Buttons - Press the + button to
increase, or the – button to decrease the volume level.
6. MENU Button - Press to display the on-screen menu
7. SET + / – Buttons - Press to select the desired setting
during on-screen operations.
8. RESET Button - Press to reset the on-screen picture
adjustments to their factory preset positions.
9. TV/VIDEO Button - Switches between the TV and external
10. RECALL Button - When you press this button, the
channel number will appear in the upper right corner of the
screen. Press the button again to remove it from the
11. MUTE Button - To turn off the sound, press this button
once. The TV will be silenced and the word "MUTE" will
appear on the screen. The muting feature can be released
by pressing the MUTE button again or one of the VOL + or
12. CH (CHANNEL) + / – Buttons - Press the + button to
change to a higher numbered channel set into memory.
Press the – button to change to a lower numbered channel
set into memory.
13. ENTER Button - Press to enter or select information for
14. 1/2 Button - Switches between Channel 1 and Channel 2
in the Closed Caption mode.
CAP/TEXT Button - Press to switch between normal TV
and the two Closed Caption modes (captions or text), when
Use two "AAA" size penlight batteries (supplied) for the
remote control. The batteries may last approximately one
year depending on how much the remote control is used.
For best performance, it is recommended that batteries
should be replaced on a yearly basis, or when the remote
operation becomes erratic.
These precautions should be followed when using batteries
in this device:
1. Use only the size and type of batteries specified.
2. Be sure to follow the correct polarity when installing the
batteries as indicated in the battery compartment.
Reversed batteries may cause damage to the device.
3. Do not mix different types of batteries together (e.g.
Alkaline and Carbon-zinc) or old batteries with fresh
4. If the remote control will not be used for a long period of
time, remove the batteries to prevent damage or injury
from possible battery leakage.
5. Do not try to recharge batteries not intended to be recharged;
they can overheat and rupture. (Follow battery