2. Remove power from any repeaters that are already installed.
3. Perform a Dealer Sensor Test. This test checks the communication link between the control
panel and the transmitters (e.g., sensors and touchpads). Refer to the panel installation manual
for the Dealer Sensor Test procedure.
If all of the system sensors and touchpads pass this test, a repeater is not necessary with the
system. Distant sensors, however, will need to have their signals retransmitted by one or more
Keep track of which transmitters are "distant." You will need to perform a Repeater Reception Test for
Mounting the Repeater in the Housing
To mount the repeater in the housing:
1. Press the threaded inserts into the four mounting holes at the top of the repeater housing.
2. Secure the inserts into the mounting holes with a small punch or screwdriver.
3. Place the repeater over the mounting holes in the housing.
4. Attach the circuit board to the housing with the mounting screws and plastic washers.
Connecting the Antenna to the
To connect the antenna to the repeater:
1. Loosen the inside terminals of the left and right
antenna terminal blocks.
2. Insert the ends of the loop antenna into the pre-
3. Insert one end of the antenna into each inside
4. Tighten down the terminal screws (see Figure
Setting the DIP Switches
You must set the DIP switches on the repeater cir-
cuit board to set the repeater identification
number, to enable or disable supervisory
report transmission, and to configure the repeater
for compatibility with your control panel.
To set the repeater identification number:
1. Remove power from the repeater and disconnect the battery.
The repeater only "reads" the dip switch settings when power is first applied. When you change dip
switch settings, you must remove power and then re-power the repeater so it can "read" the new set-
2. Set DIP switches 1-5 to a unique, non-zero repeater identification number (see Figure 4).
Euro Repeater SAW signals "cascade" toward the panel in descending order. Therefore, the
repeater identification number at the receiving or destination repeater must be less than the
repeater identification number of the transmitting or source repeater. For example, repeater "two"
will recognize signals transmitted from repeater "three," because 3 is greater than 2. Repeater
"two" will not recognize signals transmitted from repeater "one" because 1 is less than 2. Refer to
the installation example at the end of this document (see Figure 8).
If fewer than 16 intelligent mode repeaters are needed for the system, plan to assign only even
numbers to the repeaters. This method allows for an additional repeater to be retro-fitted between
two cascaded repeaters, if necessary.
To configure the repeater to your control panel:
1. To use the repeater with the Euro Commander or the Euro SX-V Special, set DIP switch 8 to
the ON position.
Figure 4. Connecting Antenna to inside termi-
nals of Antenna Terminal Blocks
Quik Bridge® Euro Repeater SAW Installation Instructions
A n t e n n a e n d s
A n t e n n a
t e r m i n a l
b l o c k s