• Select a firm, level and flat location. For best airflow, locate the unit at least 3 feet (1 M) from
• When operating, large volumes of air are drawn toward the air purifier. Surrounding areas should be
cleaned and/or vacuumed frequently to prevent build-up of dust and other contaminants. This may
help prolong the life of the filter. If the unit is placed on a light colored carpet, a small mat or rug
should be used underneath to prevent permanent staining. This is especially important in homes with
contamination from smoking or fireplaces.
INSTALLING THE HEPA-TYPE FILTER
The Dual Action HEPA-Type Filter with integrated carbon pre-filter
is supplied within the air purifier. It is wrapped to ensure purity.
• Turn off and unplug the air purifier.
• Turn the air purifier upside down on a flat surface.
The filter is visible from the bottom of the unit (Fig. 2).
• Remove the filter by grasping the filter from the finger notches.
There are small molded tabs that secure the filter in place and
prevent it from slipping out of the unit. Pull away from tabs and
up to remove. When removing a used filter that is not wrapped
in plastic, pull the ribbon tabs to remove.
• Remove the protective plastic wrap from the
• Replace the filter in the unit with the black (activated carbon) side facing the air intake grille. The filter
will be held in place in the unit with the small molded tabs. Be sure to leave the fabric ribbon accessible
to facilitate easy removal next time you have to replace the filter.
• Ensure the air purifier is plugged into a working
• Turn the Power Knob to desired setting
(O = Off, III = High, II = Medium, I = Low)
A green LED will illuminate to indicate the unit is
powered "ON". the unit will start up at the high
Portable air purifiers are more effective in rooms
where all the doors and windows are closed. In
general, it is recommended that you run your air
purifier while you are at home to clean the air.
Power ON LED