Fig. 7. Select/Restart screen.
7. Press down arrow to select.
"Getting Data" will be momentarily displayed, followed
by the screen shown in Fig. 8.
Fig. 8. Setting Post Purge time.
This screen allows for setting up the Postpurge for the
RM7897A,C. This will be the time that the Combustion Fan
(terminal 4) will remain energized after the call for heat has
ended (terminal 6).
9. Use the up arrow to increase the postpurge time.
0 to 60 seconds in 1 second intervals.
60 to 600 seconds in 10 second intervals.
10 to 60 minutes in 1 minute intervals.
10. Press Enter (Left/Right arrow keys simultaneously)
when the correct postpurge time is displayed.
Fig. 9. Save Changes screen.
11. Use the down arrow to save changes. "Getting Data" is
The following steps are used to confirm your selection.
RM7897A1002, RM7897C1000 7800 SERIES RELAY MODULES
Fig. 10. Confirm Postpurge time.
1. Press Enter.
Fig. 11. Confirm correct/incorrect screen.
2. Press the down arrow to confirm the correct postpurge
time. "Getting Data" will be displayed until the screen in
Fig. 12 appears.
Fig. 12. Setup Done screen.
3. Go to the RM7897 and press and hold the reset button
for five seconds to program the postpurge time into the
The Release Reset screen will appear on the KDM.
Fig. 13. Release Reset screen.
Changing the postpurge time feature is still possible. With the
RM7897 in Standby, scrolling to the Setup line and entering
with the password allows the settings to be changed.