RM7897A1002, RM7897C1000 7800 SERIES RELAY MODULES
Fire or Explosion Hazard.
Can cause property damage, severe injury
Close all manual fuel shutoff valve(s) before starting
Use extreme care while testing the system. Line
voltage is present on most terminal connections when
power is on.
Ensure proper selection of configuration jumpers before
starting the burner operation.
Can cause equipment damage or failure.
Do not perform a dielectric test with the relay module
installed. Internal surge protectors can break down,
allowing relay module to fail the dielectric test and
destroy the internal lightning and high current
1. Open the master switch before installing or removing a
jumper on the subbase.
2. Before continuing to the next test, be sure to remove the
test jumper(s) used in the previous test.
3. Replace all limits and interlocks that are not operating
properly. Do not bypass limits and interlocks.
1. Voltmeter (1M ohm/volt minimum sensitivity) set on the
0 to 300 Vac scale.
2. Two jumper wires, no. 14 wire, insulated, 12 in.
(304.8 mm) long with insulated alligator clips at both
1. Perform all applicable tests listed in Static Checkout,
Table 6, in the order listed.
2. Make sure all manual fuel shutoff valve(s) are closed.
3. For each test, open the master switch and install the
jumper wire(s) between the subbase wiring terminals
listed in the Test Jumpers column.
4. Close the master switch before observing operation.
5. Read the voltage between the subbase wiring terminals
listed in the Voltmeter column.
Table 5. Composition of each Combination.
50 VA Pilot Duty plus
180 VA Ignition plus
motor valves with:
660 VA inrush,
360 VA open,
240 VA hold.
2A Pilot Duty
6. If there is no voltage or the operation is abnormal, check
the circuits and external devices as described in the last
7. Check all wiring for correct connections, tight terminal
screws, correct wire, and proper wiring techniques.
Replace all damaged or incorrectly sized wires.
8. Replace faulty controllers, limits, interlocks, actuators,
valves, transformers, motors and other devices, as
9. Make sure normal operation is obtained for each
required test before continuing the checkout.
10. After completing each test, be sure to open the master
power switch and remove the test jumper(s) before
proceeding to the next test.
Can cause serious injury or death.
Be sure all manual fuel shutoff valves are closed.
Mounting RM7897A,C Relay Module
1. Mount the RM7897A,C vertically on the Q7800
Subbase or mount horizontally with the knife blade
terminals pointing down. When mounted on the
Q7800A, the RM7897A,C must be in an electrical
2. When mounting in an electrical enclosure, provide
adequate clearance for servicing, installation and
removal of the RM7897A,C, KDM, flame amplifier, flame
amplifier signal voltage probes, electrical signal voltage
probes and electrical connections.
e. Allow an optional three-inch (76 mm) minimum on
both sides of the RM7897A,C for electrical signal
3. Make sure no subbase wiring is projecting beyond the
terminal blocks. Tuck in wiring against the back of the
subbase so it does not interfere with the knife blade
terminals or bifurcated contacts.
The RM7897A,C, must be installed with a plug-in
motion rather than a hinge action.
4. Mount the RM7897A,C by aligning the four L-shaped
corner guides and knife blade terminals with the
bifurcated contacts on the wiring subbase and securely
tightening the two screws without deforming the plastic.
65 VA Pilot Duty plus
motor valves with:
3850 VA inrush,
700 VA open,
250 VA hold.