Resetting the unit
Before operating the unit for the first time or
after replacing the car battery, you must reset
Remove the front panel and press the reset
button with a pointed object, such as a ball-
Pressing the reset button will erase the clock
setting and some memorized functions such as the
Detaching the front panel
You can detach the front panel of this unit to
protect the unit from being stolen.
Press (OPEN), then slide the front panel
to the right side, and pull out the left
side of the front panel.
• Do not put anything on the inner surface of the
• Be sure not to drop the panel when detaching it
from the unit.
• If you detach the panel while the unit is still
turned on, the power will turn off automatically
to prevent the speakers from being damaged.
• When carrying the front panel with you, use the
supplied front panel case.
Attaching the front panel
Place the hole A in the front panel onto the
spindle B on the unit as illustrated, then push
the left side in.
• Be careful not to attach the front panel upside
• Do not press the front panel too hard against the
unit when attaching it.
• Do not press too hard or put excessive pressure
on the display window of the front panel.
• Do not expose the front panel to direct sunlight
or heat sources such as hot air ducts, and do not
leave it in a humid place. Never leave it on the
dashboard of a car parked in direct sunlight or
where there may be a considerable rise in
If you turn the ignition key switch to the OFF
position without removing the front panel, the
caution alarm will beep for a few seconds.
If you connect an optional power amplifier and
do not use the built-in amplifier, the beep
sound will be deactivated.