UNINET IMAGING INC. • BROTHER 1240/1650 • DISASSEMBLING THE TONER CARTRIDGE
UNINET IMAGING INC. • BROTHER 1240/1650 • ASSEMBLING THE TONER CARTRIDGE
29. Replace the chip.
REPETITIVE DEFECT CHART
RUNNING TEST PAGES
1. Test pages must be run from the P1006 menu.
2. Access the PRINTER PREFERENCES menu, then SERVICES, and INFORMATION pages.
3. There are three test pages that can be selected: the DEMO, CONFIG, and SUPPLY STATUS page.
RUNNING THE CLEANING PAGE
The cleaning page for these machines can only be run from the printer menu.
HP recommends that a transparency be used for best results.
If a transparency is not available, use copier grade paper with a smooth surface.
1. To run this page, access the printer preferences.
2. Click on DEVICE SETTINGS.
3. Press START.
4. The cleaning cycle takes up to two full minutes. The page will start and stop.
5. Do not turn the printer off until the cleaning page has finished printing.
As with all low cost machines these days, this series of these machines do not have a display panel.
All the error codes consist of different pattern of the two lights. Information on the lights is very poor.
Top light blinking:
Cartridge door open, no print cartridge installed, or there is a paper jam.
Both lights on:
Fatal error. Turn the printer off and unplug it for 30 minutes.
If the error still exists, the printer has a major problem.
No information could be found yet on what these problems may be.
At the time this article was written, the service manual has not been released.
Both lights blinking:
A printer initialization is in progress.
© 2010 UniNet Imaging Inc. All trademark names and artwork are property of their respective owners. Product brand names mentioned are intended to show compatibility only.
UniNet Imaging does not warrant downloaded information. Unauthorized sale, reproduction or distribution of this article is prohibited. For additional support, please contact email@example.com
HP P1006 SERIES • CARTRIDGE REMANUFACTURING INSTRUCTIONS