Contents 1. Package Contents......................3 2. WLAN Adapter Quick installation Guide................4 3. Network Card Installation....................4 4. Connect to Wireless Access Point .................. 8 5. WPS Function ........................11...
Copyright statement No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, whether electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise without the prior writing of the publisher. JULY 2008...
1. Package Contents Before you starting to use this wireless network card, please check if there’s anything missing in the package, and contact your dealer of purchase to claim for missing items: Package Contents Please make sure you have the following in the box: ♦...
2. WLAN Adapter Quick installation Guide Please follow the following instructions to use Ralink configuration utility to connect to wireless access point. 3. Network Card Installation 1. Insert the USB wireless network card into an empty USB 2.0 port of your computer when computer is switched on.
3. Turn “On” your computer. Insert the Driver CD then wait for the Autorun prompt. 4. If Autorun does not work, please browse the CD content and double click the “ Autorun.exe ”. 5. Click the “Driver” for beginning the installation. 6.
7. You can choose the configuration tool used to configure the wireless network card here. It’s recommended to select ‘Ralink Configuration Tool’, which provides fully access to all function of this wireless network card. If you prefer to use the wireless configuration tool provided by Windows XP or Vista, please select ‘Microsoft Zero Configuration Tool’,then click ‘Next’.
8. When you see this message, please click ‘Finish’ to complete the driver installation process.
4. Connect to Wireless Access Point 1. After installation is complete, wireless configuration utility will be shown as an icon at the lower-right corner of your windows desktop. Please click the icon by right mouse key, and select ‘Launch Config Utilities’. 2.
3. If the wireless access point uses encryption, you have to input WEP passphrase or WPA preshared key. Please ask the owner of the wireless access point you want to connect, and input the correct passphrase / preshared key here, then click ‘OK’. If the value you inputted here is wrong, you will not be able to connect to wireless access point.
4. If the wireless access point is successfully connected, you’ll see a ‘‘Status’ (SSID and MAC address of the wireless access point or wireless device you connected to) message displayed at the lower-left corner of wireless configuration utility window. Click ‘X’ to exit.
5. WPS Function Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a standard for easy and secure establishment of a wireless home network, created by the Wi-Fi Alliance. The goal of the WPS protocol is to simplify the process of connecting any home device to the wireless network. To secure your wireless network, you could push the “WPS”...
2. PIN mode: Choose a Router in the list and check the PIN codes are the same between Router and Client then click “PIN” button.
Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement Federal Communication Commission Interference Statement This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
exposure rule and such use shall be prohibited. The availability of some specific channels and/or operational frequency bands are country dependent and are firmware programmed at the factory to match the intended destination. The firmware setting is not accessible by the end user. Industry Canada statement: This device complies with RSS-210 of the Industry Canada Rules.
Assessment of electronic and electrical equipment related to human exposure restrictions for electromagnetic fields (0 Hz – 300 GHz) EN 301 489-1 V1.8.1: (2008-04) Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio Spectrum Matters (ERM); ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC) standard for radio equipment and services; Part 1: Common technical requirements EN 301 489-17 V1.3.2 (2008-04) Electromagnetic compatibility and Radio spectrum Matters (ERM);...
[Spanish] los requisitos esenciales y cualesquiera otras disposiciones aplicables o exigibles de la Directiva 1999/5/CE. Ελληνική ΜΕ ΤΗΝ ΠΑΡΟΥΣΑ [name of manufacturer] ∆ΗΛ ΝΕΙ ΟΤΙ [type of equipment] ΣΥΜΜΟΡΦ ΝΕΤΑΙ ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΣ ΟΥΣΙ ∆ΕΙΣ ΑΠΑΙΤΗΣΕΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣ ΛΟΙΠΕΣ ΣΧΕΤΙΚΕΣ [Greek] ∆ΙΑΤΑΞΕΙΣ...