PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
Please keep this manual in a safe and handy place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even
death from electrical shock, short-circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions
include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power supply/Power cord
• Do not place the power cord near heat sources such as
heaters or radiators. Also, do not excessively bend or
otherwise damage the cord, or place heavy objects on
• Only use the voltage specified as correct for the
speaker. The required voltage is printed on the name
plate of the speaker.
• Use only the supplied power cord/plug for the speaker.
• Check the electric plug periodically and remove any
dirt or dust which may have accumulated on it.
Do not open
• This speaker contains no user-serviceable parts. Do
not open the speaker or attempt to disassemble or
modify the internal components in any way. If it should
appear to be malfunctioning, discontinue use
immediately and have it inspected by qualified Yamaha
• Do not expose the speaker to rain, use it near water or
in damp or wet conditions, or place on it any containers
(such as vases, bottles or glasses) containing liquids
which might spill into any openings. If any liquid such
as water seeps into the speaker, turn off the power
immediately and unplug the power cord from the AC
outlet. Then have the speaker inspected by qualified
Yamaha service personnel.
• Never insert or remove an electric plug with wet hands.
Speaker for Electone ELC-02
• Do not put burning items, such as candles, on the unit.
A burning item may fall over and cause a fire.
If you notice any abnormality
• When one of the following problems occur, immediately
turn off the power switch and disconnect the electric
plug from the outlet. Then have the device inspected
by Yamaha service personnel.
- The power cord or plug becomes frayed or damaged.
- It emits unusual smells or smoke.
- Some object has been dropped into the speaker.
- There is a sudden loss of sound during use of the