PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING
Please keep this manual in a safe and handy place for future reference.
Always follow the basic precautions listed below to avoid the possibility of serious injury or even death from electrical shock, short-
circuiting, damages, fire or other hazards. These precautions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Do not open
• This product contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not open the product or attempt to
disassemble or modify the internal components in any way. If it should appear to be
malfunctioning, discontinue use immediately and have it inspected by qualified Yamaha service
• Radio waves may affect electro-medical devices.
- Do not use this product near medical devices or inside medical facilities.
- Do not bring this product within 22 cm (9 in.) of anyone having a heart pacemaker or
Radio waves emanating from this product or magnetism emanating from internal magnets of
this product may adversely affect a heart pacemaker implant or defibrillator implant.
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for damage caused by improper use or modifications to the instrument, or data that is lost or destroyed.
To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage to the product, damage to data, or damage to other property, follow the notices below.
• Do not use this product in the vicinity of a TV, radio, stereo equipment, or other electric devices. Otherwise, this product, TV, or radio may generate noise. When you use this product along with an application
on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, we recommend that you set "Airplane Mode" to "ON" on that device in order to avoid noise caused by communication.
• Do not expose this product to excessive dust or vibrations, or extreme cold or heat (such as in direct sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during the day) to prevent the possibility of panel disfiguration, damage
to the internal components or unstable operation.
• Do not connect this product to anything other than a MIDI terminal.
• This product uses magnets. Persons having heart pacemaker implants or defibrillator implants must not use this product. Because of this danger, do not bring this product close to people with pacemaker or
• Follow local regulations and ordinances when disposing of this product.
• When in use, this product may malfunction, significantly decrease in performance, or even stop working due to nearby radio waves of the same frequency or of a cellular phone.
About this manual
• The illustrations as shown in this manual are for instructional purposes only, and may appear somewhat different from those on your instrument.
word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Yamaha Corporation is under license.
• Mac, OS X, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
• The company names and product names in this manual are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
MD-BT01 Owner's Manual
• Do not expose the product to rain, use it near water or in damp or wet conditions, or place on it
any containers (such as vases, bottles or glasses) containing liquids which might spill into any
openings. If any liquid such as water seeps into the product, turn off the power of the instrument
immediately and unplug the power cord from the AC outlet. Then have the product inspected by
qualified Yamaha service personnel.
If you notice any abnormality
• If any of the following problems occur, immediately turn off the power switch of the instrument
and disconnect the electric plug from the outlet.
- It emits unusual smells or smoke.