ProtoNode is a multi-protocol client/server device that is reliable to network serial and Ethernet devices.
The ProtoNode works with SNMP, MODBUS RTU (Serial), MODBUS TCP, BACnet IP, BACnet MSTP(Serial),
EtherNet/IP and Metasys N2. This Quick Install Guide provides the necessary information to set up and
use the ProtoNode as quickly as possible.
2.0 Package Components
1. Quick Install Guide
2. ProtoNode (Multi-Protocol Device Server)
3. One Cat5e direct Ethernet cable
4. One serial cable (Connection link between UPS and ProtoNode)
5. One power supply
3.0 Installing the ProtoNode
Step 1: Installation of the ProtoNode Hardware
Each ProtoNode has a unique serial number and MAC address located on the underside of the unit.
These numbers should be recorded as they may be required for technical support.
Serial Number: _________________________________________________
MAC Address: __________________________________________________
1. A DB-9 cable should be connected between the Serial 1 port on the ProtoNode and the
serial port of the Toshiba UPS RS-232 port (See Figure 1). NOTE: for G8000 UPS use a
straight serial cable. Use a gender changer if needed.
2. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the ProtoNode RJ45 port and the other end to
your computer (switch or Hub) RJ45 port. NOTE: The ProtoNode Ethernet port automatically
senses an uplink connection, and may therefore be connected to a PC or a hub/switch using
either a crossover cable (not supplied) or a direct Ethernet cable (supplied).
3. Connect the 5-30 VDC power supply adapter to the terminal block in the back of the
ProtoNode Quick Install Guide – 66939-000
ProtoNode Quick Install Guide