Overall Block Diagram FAN (DRV2) FAN (REAR DRV1B FAN (DRV1) 2/2 PWRB ASSY DRV OPEN/CLOSE CN 65 (30P) ASSY D63 ,D632 FAN_DET DTCLK CN9 (2P) AV VIDEO DATA DVI OUTPUT DISC IN ACCESS AV AUDIO DATA FAN_CONT CN 0 (2P) DRV2B D64 ,D642 36MDEC...
Block Diagram Overview (JKIB Assembly) All inputs Video and Audio (Composite, Component Beta or SMPTE, S-Video, DV, Balanced and Unbalanced Audio) enter and pass though the JKIB assembly and enter the AVIB assembly. If using the composite input in through mode the unprocessed audio and video pass back directly to the JKOB output assembly for monitor viewing.
Block Diagram Overview (PC Mother Board) The main circuit board assembly in this device is a very high quality Pentium based personal computer main board. It interfaces directly with the front panel control by an RS232 connection on COM 2. In addition it has front and rear USB ports, a RS232 connection for a UPS, 3 PCI slots (2 used), an Ethernet connection and VGA output.
PRV-LX1 Disassembly 1. Top cover and side panels 1. Remove seven screws and lift off the top cover. 2. Remove eight screws for the L and R side covers. 2. Front Panel 1. Remove the front volume knob. 2. Remove the Filter covers and Air filters.
Front & Rear Bridges must be removed in order to access drives and board assemblies. 1. Remove 12 screws for the front & 8 screws for the rear bridge. 2. Remove bridges.
3. Drive Assy LX1 1. Disconnect two connectors. 2. Remove four screws and DVDR Drive Assembly.
4. HDD Assy 1. Disconnect two connectors. 2. Remove four screws. Attention: One screw is under the label. 3. Pull up on the handle and remove HDD Assy.
5. AVIB Assy 1. Remove four screws. 2. Remove Rear bridge. 3. Disconnect four FFC cables and four connectors. 4. Remove four screws. 5. Remove AVIB Assy with AVI shield and base.
6. JKIB Assy & JKOB Assy 1. Disconnect two FFC cables and a connector. 2. Remove nine screws (JKIB Assy). 3. Remove nine screws (JKOB Assy). 4. Remove three screws. 5. Remove JKIB Assy with PCI cover and Jack stay. 6.
7. DECB Assy & PCIB Assy 1. Disconnect two connectors. 2. Remove two screws of Rear Panel. 3. Remove two screws. 4. Pull up DECB Assy from PCI slot of Mother Board. 5. Pull up PCIB Assy from PCI slot. 6.
8. PWRB Assy 1. Remove Center stay and Front Bridge with 12 screws. 2. Disconnect eight connectors. 3. Remove three screws. 4. Remove the hook of Card edge spacer. 5. Remove PWRB Assy.
9. MOTHER BOARD Assy 1. Disconnect two connectors. 2. Remove seven screws. 3. Remove MOTHER BOARD Assy 10. ATX Power Supply Unit 1. Remove one screw inside. 2. Remove four screws outside. 3. Remove ATX Power Supply Unit.
11. Exchange the FAN of Power Supply 1. Remove a screw and move switch barrier. 1. screw Switch barrier 2. Remove Fan cover and disconnect a connector. Fan connector 3. Exchange the FAN. 4. Connect FAN connector. 5. Install Fan cover. 6.
RS-232C Loop Back Test (Error Stop) [A.MON] Power On Time Clear Caution! This will clear the timer HDD Access Time Caution! This will clear the timer Power On Time of PRV-LX1 Copy the setting file for using FTP(Network) Copy the log file for using FTP(Network)
(ESC)+(front panel buttons or remote control [ESC]+[DISP] Debug Mode [DISP] Enter next page ---Page1--- : PRV-LX1 Information ---Page2--- : DVD Play Information ---Page3--- : Decode Information of DECB Assy ---Page4--- : Encode Information of PCIB Assy and AVIB Assy ---Page5--- : Encode Information of Application...
: Enter the debug mode. -[DISPLAY] : Select the next page. -[SIDE-A or B] : Enter the sub mode of debug mode. -[ESC] : Escape the debug mode. ---Page 1---: PRV-LX1 information -Program : application version : os version -FLCOM : FL cpu version...
Service Mode -Select the error history --> Push [SIDE-A] on GGF1067 one time. “No device error” on display stands for no error. “The numbers on display stands for error code. (Ex.) 10-030305210700 40-030306093005 50-030401112233 04-030405131500 EE-YYMMDDHHMMSS EE: Error code, YY…..SS: Date 50(error) stands for 40(error) and 10(Error) ware occurred at the same time.
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.0.1 4. Turn off PRV-LX1. 5. Connect the personal computer to PRV-LX1 with Network cable. 6. Turn on PRV-LX1 and the personal computer. 7. Open the log files using IE (Internet Explorer). 8. Input “ftp://192.168.0.16” at IE.
<Log list> POWER-ON=7 ------- Power on Times 1 : Power On : Mon Jun 23 21:19:26 EDT 2003 ------- Power on date Shimuke=x, Region=x,x,x PowerOnKey=xxxxx Power Off : Mon Jun 23 22:12:16 EDT 2003 ------- Power off date 2 : Power On : Tue Jul 8 10:10:12 EDT 2003 Shimuke=x, Region=x,x,x PowerOnKey=xxxxx 3 : Power On : Tue Jul 8 10:12:32 EDT 2003 Shimuke=x, Region=x,x,x PowerOnKey=xxxxx...
PRV-LX1 Status LED's Ass'y Ass'y No. ST LED Function Status of LED on PWRB DWZ1106 D9 HDD_IND HDD access indicator HDD access V+5VSB Check STB +5V line Output +5V from Power supply (STB+5V line) V+5V Check +5V line Output +5V from Power supply (+5V line) V+3.3VD...
Service Manual Test Discs (DVDR, DVDRW) Service Remote GGF1381 or GGF1067 Overview: The PRV-LX1 is a Computer based product with wireless remote control capability and a front panel interface. Basic overall troubleshooting of this device will be similar to that of a Personal Computer.
Condition Check Counter Measure Standby light changes Check FL display and If no display or to green but no monitor output. monitor check startup. CPU, memory module and BIOS short pin. (1 & 2 JP14) and FLKB assy. No startup “Please Check CMOS checksum Press F1 to load a Wait”...
Condition Check Counter Measure FL display reads: Check all connectors on Reseat board into PCI “NO BOARD PCIB board and slot. ENCODER” connection to main PC Log File Reads: “NO board. Replace PCIB board. ENCODER BOARD!!!!AGAIN!!!!” FL display reads: Check all connectors on Reseat board into PCI “NO BOARD DECB board and...
Condition Check Counter Measure No RS422 control.>>>> Check operation setup. Correct settings in Check JKDB and PCIB Function Menu. connectors. No RS232 control. Run Loop Back Test in No LAN control. service mode. Not locking on External Check operation setup Correct switch setting.
From DINB ASSY From DOOB ASSY DECB ASSY (OPTION) (OPTION) CN8203 CN8602 CN1651 Digital Video Signal CN5501 CN5503 CN6002 DV I/O Signal AVI_D0,7 AVIB ASSY SDI_D0,7 SDO_D0,7 Video656 Video656 Video656 data data data Analog Video V or Y R_ADD0,7 Analog Video C IC5004 F_AD0,7 IC3501...
From DINB ASSY From DOOB ASSY (OPTION) DECB ASSY (OPTION) CN8203 CN8602 CN1651 Digital Audio Signal AVIB ASSY CN5501 CN5503 CN6002 DV I/O Signal AV1_DAI,AV1_BCK, SDI_DAI,SDI_BCK, SDO_DAI, AV1_LRCK SDI_LRCK,AESI_DAI, SDO_BCK, AE S I_BCK,AESI_LRCKI SDO_LRCK Recording only Analog Audio ADATAO,BCKAO, RCA or XLR ADATI, LRCKAO FADATI,FBCKI,...
PWRB ASSY PWR_OK Power Control Block USBB ASSY +2.5V Power AVIB ASSY Generation Block +3.3V Power AVIB ASSY Generation Block +12V Power Generation Block POWER SUPPLY -31V FL Power UNIT FLKB ASSY Generation Block (-30.5V) -28V FL Power FLKB ASSY Generation Block (-27.0V) -24V FL Power FLKB ASSY...
How to install upgrades or the Program Operating System 1. With the unit in the “Standby condition” press Enter and Standby for at least 3 seconds. Wait for the unit to power up and tray one will open automatically. Florescent display will read “Program-Install”.