Front View of Your Phone
1. External Speaker: Allows you to hear the caller.
2. Proximity and Light Sensors: Uses the ambient light
level to adjust keypad access. If the light path is
blocked, for example, when holding the phone close to
your ear, the touch screen will turn off.
3. Front Facing Camera: Used to take pictures of yourself
when you set the camera shooting mode to Self shot.
4. Display Screen: The orientation of the display screen
rotates with the phone as you turn it. You can turn this
feature on and off. For more information, refer to
"Accessibility" on page 187.
5. Menu Key: Access sub-menus with additional options
for different features and applications such as Home
screen, Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Web.
6. Home Key: Press to return to the Home screen. Press
and hold to display Recent apps, Task Manager, and
Google Search. Quickly press twice to activate the
S Voice application.
7. Back Key: Used to step backwards when navigating a
menu or web page.
Understanding Your Phone