If the TV seems to have a problem, first try this list of possible problems and solutions. If none of these troubleshooting tips apply, visit
"www.samsung.com", then click on Support, or call Samsung customer service centre.
The TV image does not look as
good as it did in the store.
The picture is distorted:
macroblock error, small block,
Colour is wrong or missing.
There is poor colour or
There is a dotted line on the
edge of the screen.
The picture is black and white.
When changing channels, the
picture freezes or is distorted or
There is no sound or the sound
is too low at maximum volume.
The picture is good but there is
The speakers are making an
First of all, please perform the Picture Test and confirm that your TV is properly displaying test image.
- Support - Self Diagnosis - Picture Test) If the test image is properly displayed, the poor
picture may caused by the source or signal.
• If you have an analogue cable/set top box, upgrade to a digital set top box. Use HDMI or Component
cables to deliver HD (high definition) picture quality.
• Cable/Satellite subscribers: Try HD stations from the channel line up.
• Aerial connection: Try HD stations after performing Auto tuning.
Many HD channels are up scaled from SD (Standard Definition) contents.
• Adjust the Cable/Set top box video output resolution to 1080i or 720p.
• Make sure you are watching the TV at the minimum recommended distance based on the size and
definition of the signal.
• Compression of video contents may cause picture distortion especially in fast moving pictures such as
sports and action movies.
• Low signal level or bad quality can cause picture distortion. This is not a TV issue.
• Mobile phones used close to the TV (cca up to 1m) may cause noise in picture on analogue and digital
• If you're using a component connection, make sure the component cables are connected to the
correct jacks. Incorrect or loose connections may cause colour problems or a blank screen.
• Adjust the Picture options in the TV menu. (go to Picture Mode / Colour / Brightness / Sharpness)
• Adjust Energy Saving option in the TV menu. (go to
• Try resetting the picture to view the default picture settings. (go to
• If the picture size is set to Screen Fit, change it to 16:9.
• Change cable/satellite box resolution.
• If you are using an AV composite input, connect the video cable (yellow) to the Green jack of
component input 1 on the TV.
• If connected with a cable box, please try to reset the cable box. Reconnect the AC cord and wait until
the cable box reboots. It may take up to 20 minutes.
• Set the output resolution of the cable box to 1080i or 720p.
First of all, please perform the Sound Test to confirm that your TV audio is properly operating. (go to
- Support - Self Diagnosis - Sound Test)
If the audio is ok, the sound problem may be caused by the source or signal.
• Please check the volume of the device connected to your TV.
• Set the Speaker Select option to TV Speaker in the sound menu.
• If you are using an external device, make sure the audio cables are connected to the correct audio input
jacks on the TV.
• If you are using an external device, check the device's audio output option (ex. you may need to change
your cable box's audio option to HDMI when you have a HDMI connected to your TV).
• If you are using a DVI to HDMI cable, a separate audio cable is required.
• Reboot the connected device by reconnecting the device's power cable.
• Check the cable connections. Make sure a video cable is not connected to an audio input.
• For aerial or cable connections, check the signal strength. Low signal level may cause sound distortion.
English - 14
Solutions and Explanations
- System - Eco Solution - Energy
- Picture - Reset Picture)