MODEL CR 18DMR Hitachi Power Tools CORDLESS TECHNICAL DATA RECIPROCATING SAW SERVICE MANUAL CR 18DMR LIST No. G824 June 2005 SPECIFICATIONS AND PARTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR IMPROVEMENT...
REMARK: Throughout this TECHNICAL DATA AND SERVICE MANUAL, a symbol(s) is(are) used in the place of company name(s) and model name(s) of our competitor(s). The symbol(s) utilized here is(are) as follows: Competitors Symbols Utilized Company Name Model Name DC385 DEWALT MAKITA JR180DWD R844...
2. MARKETING OBJECTIVE The new Model CR 18DMR is the upgraded version of the current Model CR 18DV. The Model CR 18DMR is of the popular DMR-series design and compatible with the new flat battery. The Model CR 18DMR features the carbon brush-replaceable, powerful and long-life motor, Hitahci-original tool-less blade detachable mechanism that is easy to maintain and comfortable soft grip handle for ease of operation.
Recently, most saber saws on the market are equipped with a mechanism that requires no tool such as hexagonal wrench for mounting and removal of saw blades. The Model CR 18DMR is also equipped with such a mechanism in order to replace saw blades speedily.
< Construction of the tool-less blade detachable mechanism > Holder pin to secure the blade Plunger (reciprocating shaft) Saw blade Spring Spring to pull back the holder pin Bolt Heat- and dust-resistant Lever to mount and rubber cap remove saw blades <...
(2) Saw blade can be mounted in either direction, upward or downward The Model CR 18DMR is convenient for cutting materials on the floor or near window frames, and also for plunge cutting on plywood panels because the saw blade can be installed upside down.
(3) Replaceable carbon brush to elongate motor life The carbon brush can be replaced from the outside of the motor to elongate the motor life and to enhance the maintainability. The carbon brush can be easily removed from the motor with a flat-blade screwdriver as shown in Fig.
(2) BI-METAL blades The blade numbers of BI-METAL blades in Table 2 are engraved in the vicinity of the mounting position of each blade. Select appropriate blades by referring to Table 2 and 3 below. Table 2: BI-METAL blades Blade No. Uses Thickness (mm) No.
6-2. Working Performance per Single Charge (reference only) < Cutting steel pipes > Steel pipe 40 A (outer diameter: 48.6 mm (1.91") thickness: 3.5 mm (0.14")) HITACHI genuine blade No. 103 for cutting steel pipes Pressing force about 5 kgf (11 lbs.) Fig. 4 <...
7-1. Safety Instructions In the interest of promoting the safest and most efficient use of the Model CR 18DMR by all our customers, it is very important that at the time of sale, the salesperson carefully ensures that the buyer seriously recognizes the importance of the contents of the Handling Instructions, and fully understands the meaning of the precautions listed on the Caution Plate and Name Plate attached to each tool.
Ensure that all customers understand that Model EB 1820L, EB 1826HL or EB 1830HL Storage Battery should be returned to the Hitachi power tool sales outlet or authorized service center when they are no longer capable of being recharged or repaired. If thrown into a fire, the batteries may explode, or if discarded indiscriminately, leakage of the cadmium compound contained in the battery may cause environmental pollution.
(3) Variation in amount of work possible per charge Although the nominal chargeable capacity of the storage batteries used with the Model CR 18DMR is 2.0 Ah, 2.6 Ah and 3.0 Ah, the actual capacity may vary within 10% of that value depending on the ambient temperature during use and charging, and the number of times the batteries have been recharged.
7-3. Front Cover WARNING: The Model CR 18DMR is equipped with the front cover to protect the operator against possible electric shock, and it is not intended for cutting live lines. The front cover covers both the gear cover and the upper cover to protect the operator against electric shock in the event that a live line is accidentally cut and electricity flows from the blade to the metallic enclosure.
(6) Removal of the Gear  from the Gear Cover Ass'y  Remove the three Seal Lock Flat Hd. Screws M4 x 12  through the hole of the Balance Weight . Then the Gear  (together with the Balance Weight , Spindle  and others) can be removed from the Gear Cover Ass'y .
8-1-2. Reassembly Reassembly can be accomplished by following the disassembly procedures in reverse. However, special attention should be given to the following items. (1) Mounting the saw blade mount (Figs. 8, 9 and 10) Insert Spring (B)  and Holder Pin (B)  into the Plunger . Apply Shell ALVANIA RL3 grease to the slanted portion of Lever (A) .
(2) Reinstallation of the spindle and gear section to the Gear Cover Ass'y  Insert the Spindle  into the Ball Bearing 6901ZZCMPS2L , Bearing Cover (B) , Gear  and Balance Weight  in order. Secure the spindle and gear section secured with the Nylock Hex. Socket Flat Hd.
(9) Tightening torques Tapping Screw (W/Flange) D4 x 20 (Black)  ..........2.0 0.5 N m (20 5 kgf • • Tapping Screw (W/Sp. Washer) D5 x 30  ..........2.9 0.5 N m (30 5 kgf • • Machine Screw (W/Washers) M3 x 12  ............. 0.5 to 0.8 N m (5 to 8 kgf •...
8-1-3. Wiring diagram Be sure to perform wiring connections as indicated in Figs. 12, 13, 14 and 15. Fig. 11 Internal wire (Red) Fig. 12 Fig. 13 Wiring diagram Fig. 14 --- 20 ---...
9. STANDARD REPAIR TIME (UNIT) SCHEDULES Variable MODEL Fixed Work Flow CR 18DMR DC-Speed Control Switch Housing (A). (B) Set Terminal Piece Magnet Armature Ass'y Ball Bearing (608VV) Ball Bearing (6001VV) General Assembly Base Gear Cover Ass'y Front Cover Spindle...
Hitachi Power Tools LIST NO. G824 ELECTRIC TOOL PARTS LIST CORDLESS RECIPROCATING SAW 2005 • • Model CR 18DMR (E1)