• Keep this manual for future reference and refer to it as necessary. This manual should be made available to those who repair or relocate the controller. Make sure that the manual is passed on to any future AT-50A users.
Do not attempt to play this CD-ROM on an audio CD player as this may damage your ears and/or speakers. The CD-ROM that is supplied with AT-50A has Installation Manual and Instruction Book in English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian.
Receives power from the power supply unit for transmission line or 30VDC *1 Power source from outdoor units via the M-NET transmission cable. The power (for connection to M-NET only) consumption coefficient*2 of AT-50A is "4." Operating temperature range 0˚C~40˚C [32˚F~104˚F] Temperature Operating conditions Storage temperature range -20˚C~+70˚C [-4˚F~+158˚F]...
*1 The power consumption coefficient of AT-50A is 4 and that of an indoor unit is "1"*, which means that each AT-50A unit consumes power equivalent to four indoor units. (*Indoor units receive power through the M-NET transmission line to maintain communication during power failure.) Refer to the CITY MULTI DATABOOK for details.
(1.3/16) 4. Preparation (1) Install a breaker on the power supply unit side before installing the controller. (2) Select an installation site for the AT-50A. AT-50A outline • Install the controller at the user's eye level for easy operation. 50 (2) •...
• To route the cable along the wall surface: A, B It is approximately 10 cm (4 in) from the cable access hole on the back of AT-50A to the M-NET terminal block. Trim off the excess transmission cable, if any.
(1) External input Using external dry contact signals, the following operation of all air conditioning units can be controlled from the AT-50A: Emergency stop/Normal operation, ON/OFF, Permit/Prohibit local remote controller operation. These settings are made on the External Input Settings on the Initial Settings screen that is accessible from the Service Menu screen.
External input/output adapter 1-8. Using an SD memory card The AT-50A has a slot for an SD memory card at the bottom that can be used to update software. Bottom of controller Refer to the Installation Manual for the detailed information about updates.
This chapter contains information about the settings to be made at the time of installation. Please read the instructions carefully and make the settings accordingly. Refer to Chapter 1. “Installation” for how to install the AT-50A Advanced Touch Controller, and refer to the air conditioning unit installation manuals for how to connect the controller cable to the air conditioning units, or how to install the air conditioning units.
2-2. AT-50A Screen Configurations (1) Screen sequence and Service menu configuration. HOME screen GRID (zoom-out) view GRID (zoom-in) view LIST view GROUP view Touch [ ] or [ Touch [ Main Menu screen Touch [ Touch [ Login Page screen *1...
Instruction Book. • AT-50A can be used as a Main controller or a Sub controller. At the time of factory shipment, AT-50A is set as a Main controller. The Main/Sub setting can be changed on the Initial Settings 1/ Basic System screen from the Service menu. (Refer to section 2-3(2)-1 for details.)
1) Touch the button marked 3 in the figure to use or not use the Operation prohibit setting. • To prohibit the access of the local remote controller from AT-50A, select “Enabled.” If this setting is set to “Enabled,” a button will appear in the place marked 4 in the figure.
1) Touch the Save button to save the settings. (2)-2. Group Settings This setting can be made only when AT-50A is set as a main controller. If AT-50A is set as a sub controller, the setting can be monitored only.
AT-50A. In batch and on individual group Units can be turned on or off either collectively or by group from the AT-50A. On individual group Only certain groups of units can be turned on or off from the AT-50A.
(3) During the test run, verify that air conditioned air is blowing out of the supply air outlet. (4) After checking for normal operation of each unit, stop the units through AT-50A or the local remote controllers. * Refer to the indoor unit installation manual for the detailed information about test run.
* Consult your dealer if the update is not completed in 10 minutes. 7) After the update has been completed, turn the DIP switch 4 to OFF to restart the AT-50A. When the initialization screen appears, check that the software version that appears at the bottom right corner is correct. If it shows the old version, the update failed. Try updating the software again.