The model and serial numbers are located at the
bottom of the unit. Record the serial number in
the space provided below. Refer to them
whenever you call upon your Sony dealer
regarding this product.
For customers in the USA
If this product is not working properly, please call
For Customers in Canada
If this product is not working properly, please
contact our Customer Information Service
Center at 1-877-899-7669 or write to us at:
Customer Information Service 115 Gordon Baker
Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2H 3R6
This equipment has been tested and found to
comply with the limits set out in the EMC
Directive using a connection cable shorter
than 3 metres.
• Place the player in a location with adequate
ventilation to prevent heat build-up in the
• To reduce the risk of fire, do not cover the
ventilation opening of the appliance with
newspapers, tablecloths, curtains, etc.
• Do not expose the appliance to naked flame
sources (for example, lighted candles).
• Do not install this player in a confined space,
such as a bookshelf or similar unit.
• Do not place the player outdoors, in
vehicles, on ships, or on other vessels.
• If the player is brought directly from a cold
to a warm location, or is placed in a very
damp room, moisture may condense on the
lenses inside the player. Should this occur,
the player may not operate properly. In this
case, remove the disc and leave the player
turned on for about half an hour until the
• Do not install the player in an inclined
position. It is designed to be operated in a
horizontal position only.
• Do not place metal objects in front of the
front panel. It may limit reception of radio
• Do not place the player in a place where
medical equipment is in use. It may cause a
malfunction of medical instruments.
• If you use a pacemaker or other medical
device, consult your physician or the
manufacturer of your medical device before
using the wireless LAN function.
• Do not place heavy or unstable objects on
• Do not place any objects other than discs on
the disc tray. Doing so may cause damage to
the player or the object.
• Take out any discs from the tray when you
move the player. If you don't, the disc may