150Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adapter User Guide
Chapter 5 Management
TP-LINK Utility provides you with an easy way to manage your adapter. It includes the following
- View the information of the current Wi-Fi network connection and of the adapter.
- Save or manage various Wi-Fi network connection settings.
- Turn on or off the SoftAP mode and power saving mode, switch between TP-LINK
Utility and Windows Wireless Utility (for Windows XP only).
- Configure the settings of the network shared by your adapter, and view the IP address
of your adapter when it works on SoftAP mode.
– View your adapter's Utility version and its Driver version.
(TP-LINK Utility icon) and click the Status, Profile or Advanced tab to
manage the corresponding section of your adapter.
You can view the IP address and MAC address of the adapter, the signal strength of the Wi-Fi
network, and other information of the network status as shown in the following figure.
The Profile screen lets you save and manage different Wi-Fi network connection settings as
profiles so that you can quickly and simply connect to your network. Moreover, you can join a
hidden Wi-Fi network that does not broadcast its SSID by adding a profile, provided that you
know its wireless settings, such as SSID, security type, and encryption type. For more details,
please refer to the instructions below:
To add a new
To join a Wi-Fi