1. Cut bands; remove cover and two inserts supporting the top and the bottom of the unit. Remove wheels, pivoting support and hardware box from the box. 2. Put log splitter in the vertical position by holding the top of the beam and carefully lifting the top of the log splitter until it can stand.
4. Folding Handle: Install the folding handle onto the frame using knobs (P/N 520101) and carriage bolts (P/N 520500). To do this, align square opening of the folding handle with the frame’s round hole and insert carriage bolt through. Secure it with the handle knob.
1. Safety Decals An important part of the safety system incorporated in this log splitter are the Warning Labels (P/N510601) and Information Decals found on various parts of the unit. These decals must be replaced in time due to abrasion, etc. It is your responsibility to replace the decals when they become hard to read.
MANUAL BEFORE OPERATING THIS PRODUCT. BE FAMILIAR WITH THE CONTROLS AND THE PROPER USE OF EQUIPMENT. IMPROPER USE OR CARE OF THIS LOG SPLITTER, OR FAILURE TO WEAR PROPER PROTECTION, CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY. WEAR EYE PROTECTION, GLOVES, AND PROPER CLOTHING.
• Do not attempt to load the log while the ram of the log splitter is in motion. You could get trapped and injured. • Keep your hands and body parts away from the open splits and cracks in the log. The wood can close in suddenly and cause injury.
• Don’t operate the log splitter with a damaged electrical or extension cord. • Never operate the log splitter unless the power cord is plugged into a properly grounded outlet that supplies 110-120V power, and a minimum of 15 amps of current.
• Any damaged part of the log splitter should be properly repaired or replaced by an authorized service center, unless otherwise indicated in this instruction manual. • Do not use the log splitter if the switch does not turn it ‘on’ and ‘off’. Have any defective switches replaced by an authorized service center.
ALWAYS warm up the unit before use during cold weather conditions by cycling it 4-5 times. Oil is incompressible; therefore, to ensure the efficiency of the log splitter, it is important that the hydraulic system does not contain air bubbles.
5. Place the log on the pressure plate of the machine. Be sure that the body of the log is lying firmly against the vertical beam of the log splitter and the end of the log is well supported by the pressure plate. If the log tends to wobble, reposition it by turning it.
2. Place a piece of wood shaped as wedge under the jammed log and activate the pressure plate of the log splitter to push it up and under the jammed log. Repeat this process using larger wooden wedges until the jammed log is released.
J. Sharpening the wedge BEFORE PERFORMING ANY MAINTENANCE BE SURE THAT: • LOG SPLITTER IS DISCONNECTED FROM POWER SOURCE. • PUSHER PLATE IS FULLY RETRACTED (RETURNED TO THE LOWEST POSITION) AND NO RESIDUAL HYDRAULIC ENERGY IS LEFT IN THE SYSTEM.
• Log splitter is equipped with two 10” dia. wheels to make it easy to move around. • If you’d like to move your log splitter to different locations, secure the unit during transport to prevent damage or injury. Always tighten the bleed screw to prevent oil spill.
Area Maintain log splitter with care • Keep the blade of the log splitter sharp and clean for better and safer performance • Follow instructions for lubrication and oil change • Keep proper oil level • Inspect tool cord periodically and, if damaged, have it replaced by an authorized service facility •...
520134 SWITCH BOX ASSEMBLY 110V WITHOUT STRAIN REL OPENING 520117 CABLE TIE 152MM (6”) LONG ITEM NO. PART NO. DESCRIPTION 510600 SWIFT SPLIT LOGO LABEL 520118 SWITCH PROTECTIVE COVER 520200 BLEED SCREW SEAL 520220 DRAIN PLUG, M10 X 8MM THREAD...
This warranty covers all portions of the MANTIS Log Splitter. MANTIS will repair or replace, at its option, any part or parts of the product proven to be defective in material or workmanship under normal usage during the warranty period.