Thank you for purchasing a JVC product.
Please read all instructions carefully before operation, to ensure your complete understanding and to obtain the best
possible performance from the unit.
CD RECEIVER: INSTRUCTIONS/INSTALLATION
Installation/connection are explained at the last section of this manual (reverse page, indicated with
For customer Use:
Enter below the Model No. and Serial No. which
are located on the top or bottom of the cabinet.
Retain this information for future reference.
© 2009 Victor Company of Japan, Limited
How to reset your unit
Attaching the control panel
Turn on the power.
Select "DEMO OFF."
Reset the unit after installation is complete.
Finish the procedure.
Detaching the control panel
• Your preset adjustments will also be erased.
How to forcibly eject a disc
Turn on the power.
Select "CLOCK M."
• Be careful not to drop the disc when it ejects.
• If this does not work, reset your unit.
PREPARING THE REMOTE CONTROLLER (RM-RK50)
Adjust the minute.
When you use remote controller for the first time...
If the effectiveness of the remote controller
decreases, replace the battery.
Replacing the lithium coin battery
Select "CLOCK H."
Finish the procedure.
For USA-California Only: This product contains a CR
Coin Cell Lithium Battery which contains Perchlorate
Adjust the hour.
Material—special handling may apply.
Warning: To prevent accidents and damage
• Do not install any battery other than CR2025 or its
• Danger of explosion if battery is incorrectly replaced.
• Store out of reach of children.
Replace only with the same or equivalent type.
• Do not recharge, short, or dismantle.
• Battery shall not be exposed to excessive heat such as
• Do not dispose of in fire.
INFORMATION (For U.S.A.)
sunshine, fire, or the like.
• Do not carry around with other metallic materials.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of
the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential
installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used
in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no
– There are improper recording conditions (missing data,
guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference
etc.) or media conditions (stained, scratched, warped,
to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to
• By pressing SRC on the unit, you can also turn on the
power. If the source is ready, playback also starts.
try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• CD-RWs may require a longer readout time since the
• If you turn off the power while listening to a disc, disc
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
reflectance of CD-RWs is lower than that of regular CDs.
play will start from where it had been stopped previously
– Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
next time you turn on the power.
Playing an MP3/WMA disc
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
• When no disc is loaded in the unit, you cannot select "CD"
• This unit can play back MP3/WMA files with the
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
as the playback source.
extension code <.mp3> or <.wma> (regardless of the
• This unit can show the names of albums, artists
Changes or modifications not approved by JVC could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
(performer), and tag (Version 1.0, 1.1, 2.2, 2.3, or 2.4) for
• During SSM search...
MP3 files and for WMA files.
– All previously stored stations are erased and the
IMPORTANT FOR LASER PRODUCTS
• This unit can display only one-byte characters. No other
stations are stored anew.
1. CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
characters can be correctly displayed.
– Received stations are preset in No. 1 (lowest
2. CAUTION: Do not open the top cover. There are no user serviceable parts inside the unit; leave all servicing to qualified
• This unit can play back MP3/WMA files meeting the
frequency) to No. 6 (highest frequency).
– When SSM is over, the station stored in No. 1 will be
– Bit rate: 8 kbps — 320 kbps
automatically tuned in.
3. CAUTION: (For U.S.A.)
Visible and/or invisible class II laser radiation when open. Do not stare into beam.
– Sampling frequency:
(For Canada) Visible and/or invisible class 1M laser radiation when open. Do not view directly with optical
48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 32 kHz (for MPEG-1)
24 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 16 kHz (for MPEG-2)
4. REPRODUCTION OF LABEL: CAUTION LABEL, PLACED OUTSIDE THE UNIT.
Caution for DualDisc playback
– Disc format: ISO 9660 Level 1/ Level 2, Romeo, Joliet,
• The Non-DVD side of a "DualDisc" does not comply with
Windows long file name
the "Compact Disc Digital Audio" standard. Therefore, the
• The maximum number of characters for file/folder names
use of Non-DVD side of a DualDisc on this product may
vary depending on the disc format used (includes 4
not be recommended.
extension characters—<.mp3> or <.wma>).
– ISO 9660 Level 1: up to 12 characters; ISO 9660 Level 2:
up to 31 characters; Romeo: up to 64 characters; Joliet:
• This unit has been designed to reproduce CDs/CD Texts,
up to 32 characters; Windows long file name: up to 126
and CD-Rs (Recordable)/CD-RWs (Rewritable) in audio CD
(CD-DA) and MP3/WMA formats.
[European Union only]
• This unit can recognize a total of 512 files, 255 folders,
• After ejecting a disc, "NO DISC" appears and you cannot
and 8 hierarchical levels.
operate some of the buttons. Insert another disc or press
• This unit can play back files recorded in VBR (variable bit
SRC to select another playback source.
Playing a CD-R or CD-RW
Files recorded in VBR have a discrepancy in the elapsed
time display, and do not show the actual elapsed time.
• Use only "finalized" CD-Rs or CD-RWs.
• Do not raise the volume level too much, as this will block
If you need to operate the unit while driving, be sure to
In particular, this difference becomes noticeable after
• This unit can play back multi-session discs; however,
outside sounds, making driving dangerous.
look around carefully or you may be involved in a traffic
performing the search function.
unclosed sessions will be skipped while playing.
• Stop the car before performing any complicated
• This unit cannot play back the following files:
• Some CD-Rs or CD-RWs may not be played back on this
– MP3 files encoded in: MP3i and MP3 PRO format, in an
Caution on volume setting
inappropriate format, layer 1/2.
– Discs are dirty or scratched.
Temperature inside the car...
Discs produce very little noise compared with other sources.
– WMA files: encoded in lossless, professional, and voice
– Moisture condensation has occurred on the lens inside
If you have parked the car for a long time in hot or cold
Lower the volume before playing a disc to avoid damaging
format; not based upon Windows Media® Audio; copy-
weather, wait until the temperature in the car becomes
the speakers by the sudden increase of the output level.
protected with DRM.
– The pickup lens inside the unit is dirty.
normal before operating the unit.
– Files which have data such as WAVE, ATRAC3, etc.
– The files on the CD-R/CD-RW are written using the
• The search function works but search speed is not constant.
"Packet Write" method.