Portable Basketball System with Elevator Owner's Manual
A Huffy Company
WRITE IN YOUR MODEL NUMBER:
Customer Service Center • N53 W24700 South Corporate Circle • Sussex, WI 53089 • U.S.A.
I M P O R TA N T !
In U.S. and Canada only:
Have questions?...don't go back to the store!
We appreciate your purchasing one of our many fine products. We are sure that you will be very satisfied with your selection. Although great care and effort have been taken, occasionally problems may occur.
To ensure prompt and correct handling of any problems, or to answer any questions, please contact our Toll-Free Customer Service Number listed below. Service will be quicker if you have your Model Number
(found on carton) and assembly instructions ready when calling. PLEASE WRITE YOUR MODEL NUMBER IN THE SPACE PROVIDED ABOVE.
NOTICE TO ASSEMBLERS
ALL Huffy Sports basketball Systems,
including those used for DISPLAYS,
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS MAY
MUST be assembled and ballasted with
RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND WILL
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE WARNINGS MAY RESULT
sand or water according to instructions.
IN SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Failure to follow instructions could result
Owner must ensure that all players know and
Owner must ensure that all players know and follow
in SERIOUS INJURY. It is NOT
these rules for safe operation of the system.
follow these rules for safe operation of the system.
acceptable to devise a makeshift weight
• DO NOT HANG on the rim or any part of the system
To ensure safety, do not attempt to assemble this system without
including backboard, support braces or net.
• During play, especially when performing dunk type
following the instructions carefully. Proper and complete assembly,
activities, keep player's face away from the backboard, rim
use and supervision is essential for proper operation and to reduce
and net. Serious injury could occur if teeth/face come in
the risk of accident or injury. A high probability of serious injury
contact with backboard, rim or net.
• Do not slide, climb, shake or play on base and/or pole.
exists if this system is not installed, maintained, and operated
• After assembly is complete, fill system completely with
properly. Check entire box and inside all packing material for parts
water or sand and stake to the ground. Never leave system
in an upright position without filling base with weight, as
and/or additional instructional material.
system may tip over causing injuries.
assembly, read the instructions and identify parts using the
• When adjusting height or moving system, keep hands and
hardware identifier and parts list in this document
fingers away from moving parts.
• Do not allow children to move or adjust system.
• During play, do not wear jewelry (rings, watches, necklaces,
etc.). Objects may entangle in net.
TO ADJUST BACKBOARD:
• Surface beneath the base must be smooth and free of
• If using a ladder during assembly, use extreme caution.
gravel or other sharp objects. Punctures cause leakage and
1. Grasp handle and depress lever.
could cause system to tip over.
• Two (2) people are recommended for this operation.
• Keep organic material away from pole base. Grass, litter,
2. Push toward pole while holding
• Check base regularly for leakage. Slow leaks could cause system to
lever. Raise or lower to desired
etc. could cause corrosion and/or deterioration.
height while pushing forward on
• Check pole system for signs of corrosion (rust, pitting,
tip over unexpectedly.
chipping) and repaint with exterior enamel paint. If rust has
• Seat the pole sections properly (if applicable). Failure to do so could
penetrated through the steel anywhere, replace pole
3. Release handle making sure that
allow the pole sections to separate during play and/or transport of the
horizontal pin is locked into slot.
• Check system before each use for proper ballast, loose
hardware, excessive wear and signs corrosion and repair
• Climate, corrosion or misuse could result in system failure.
REQUIRED TOOLS AND
• Check system before each use for instability.
• Minimum operational height is 6'6" (1.98 m) to the bottom of
• Do not use system during windy and/or severe weather
conditions; system may tip over. Place system in the
• Two People
storage position and/or in an area protected from the wind
• This equipment is intended for home recreational use only and NOT
• Tape Measure
1. Adjust basketball backboard
and free from personal property and/or overhead wires.
excessive competitive play.
height to lowest position.
• Never play on damaged equipment.
• Wood Board (Scrap)
• Read and understand the warning label affixed to pole. Label is
2. Rotate handle forward until
• See instruction manual for proper installation and
wheels engage ground.
• Wrenches: (Two) 7/16, 1/2, 9/16,
shown on page 1.
• When moving system, use caution to keep mechanism from
3. Move basketball system to
3/4, (9/16 Deep Socket w/Ext.
• The life of your basketball pole depends on many conditions. The
• Keep pole top covered with cap at all times.
Recommended); (One) 3/8 or small
4. Rotate handle back to original
climate, placement of the pole, the location of the pole, exposure to
• Do not allow water in tank to freeze. During sub-freezing
corrosives such as pesticides, herbicides or salts are all important.
adjustable wrench; (One) 1/4 or
weather add non-toxic antifreeze, sand or empty tank
5. Reattach ground restraint and
• If technical assistance is required, contact Huffy Sports.
completely and store. (Do not use salt.)
small adjustable wrench
check system for stability.
• While moving system, Do not allow anyone to stand or sit
• Adult supervision is recommended when adjusting height.
• Sawhorse or Support Table
on base or have added ballasting on base.
• Do not leave system unsupervised or play on system when
• Step Ladder 8 ft. (2.4 m)
wheels are engaged for moving.
• Use Caution when moving system across uneven surfaces.
• Garden Hose or Sand (300-325 lb.)
Most injuries are caused by misuse and/or not following instructions.
System may tip over.
Use caution when using this system.
• Use extreme caution if placing system on sloped surface.
System may tip over more easily.
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications
reproduced on this product are trademarks and copyrighted
For more information on assembly, placement, proper use and
designs, and/or other forms of intellectual property, that are the
maintenance, visit The American Basketball Council website at
• Needle Nose Pliers
exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective
In the U.S.: 1-800-334-9111
NBA member teams and may not be used, in whole or in part,
• Safety Goggles
without the written consent of NBA Properties, Inc.
Toll-Free Customer Service Number for U.S: 1-800-558-5234, For Canada: 1-800-284-8339, For Europe: 00 800 555 85234 (Sweden: 009 555 85234),
For Australia: 1-800-333 061 - Internet Address: http://www.huffysports.com