XE-A207 XE-A23S Customer Support Tool User’s Manual Thank you for downloading this PDF file. Before reading this file, please read Instruction Manual of XE-A207 and XE-A23S. Save or print this file so that you can read when necessary.
Table of Contents Introduction ................................1 What is the Customer Support Tool? ........................1 Note on using Customer Support Tool ........................1 Trademarks ................................1 About this manual ..............................2 System requirements ..............................2 System Configuration..............................3 To start Customer Support Tool ..........................4 How to install the Customer Support Tool .......................4 ●...
LOGO TEXT................................23 ● Appearance and details of the logo text window..................23 LOGO ..................................24 ● Appearance and details of the logo screen....................24 TAX..................................26 ● Appearance and details of the tax screen....................26 ● To set taxes with the tax table ........................28 QuickBooks® ................................29 ●...
Note on using Customer Support Tool • Sharp Corporation bears no responsibility for errors made during use by the customer or a third party, nor for any other malfunctions or damage to this product arising during use, except where indemnity liability is required by law.
If .NET Framework is not installed on your computer, you will need to install it from the Microsoft website. ® • QuickBooks ® Customer Support Tool can export the sales data of a cash register to QuickBooks Pro, the following versions have been tested by Sharp Corporation ® ® QuickBooks Pro 2010 and QuickBooks Pro 2011...
System Configuration The Customer Support Tool operates under the following system configuration. You can exchange data between the cash register and your computer via a commercial SD memory card. Computer Cash register SD memory card (Customer Support Tool ) • To use an SD memory card with the cash register, refer to “SD CARD Mode” on page 95 in the Instruction Manual of XE-A207 and XE-A23S and “Using SD Memory Card”...
To start Customer Support Tool How to install the Customer Support Tool ● To start Customer Support Tool 1. Download the Customer Support Tool from the web site www.sharpusa.com/registersoftware. 2. Unzip (extract / decompress) the contents of the .ZIP file to a directory where you will use the program. ・...
• For handling an SD memory card, refer to the manual attached to the SD memory card. • What you have saved on an SD memory card may be erased or destroyed in an accident or malfunction. Sharp Corporation does not take responsibility for damage to data on the SD card for any reason.
● Inserting and Removing an SD Memory Card The SD card slot is located on the front side of your register. Inserting an SD memory card Insert an SD memory card into the SD card slot with the printed SD logo facing upwards.
Reading Data from SD Memory Card This section explains the procedure for reading data from an SD memory card into your computer. Notice Appearance of the screen is different depending on data to be read. For details, refer to the section of each data.
Writing Data to SD Memory Card This section explains the procedure for writing data to an SD memory card from your computer. Notice Appearance of the screen is different depending on data to be written. For details, refer to the section of each data.
The confirmation dialog appears. 9. Click [Yes]. Data in your computer is written into an SD memory card. Note For details of reading data from an SD memory card into the cash register, refer to “Data loading” on page 95 in the Instruction Manual of XE-A207 and XE-A23S.
Main Window of the Customer Support Tool This page describes the appearance of the main window and details of each function. Appearance and details of the main window (1) Menu You can select one of three menus: [File], [Record] or [About]. Menu Command Description...
To open data You can open the Customer Support Tool data saved in your computer and edit it. Note The data folder is set by default during installation. • Windows Vista or Windows 7 C:\Users\(Username)\Documents\SHARP_ECR\A207U\SHOP_NAME1 • Windows XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Username)\My Documents\SHARP_ECR\A207U\SHOP_NAME1 * The actual Windows account user name is represented by (Username) above.
Settings of a data folder You can decide where to save the Customer Support Tool data. 1. Click [File], and then [Setting]. The data folder setting dialog appears. 2. Click [Select]. The data folder selection dialog appears. 3. Click a data folder. To create a new folder, click [Make New Folder], and type a Note folder name.
To Edit and Import/Export Data This chapter explains the details of each setting screen and importing/exporting data. DEPT (Department Screen) You can manage sales totals by classifying sales items into departments. Set the department data on the department screen. To open the department screen, click the [DEPT] tab in the main window of Customer Support Tool.
(2) TEXT Type a department name of up to 16 letters in the textbox. The default value is DEPT.XX (XX is a department code). Notice Use letters only that can be displayed or printed by the cash register. For appropriate letters, refer to page 47 in the Instruction Manual of XE-A207 and XE-A23S.
Click this button to write the department setting data to an SD memory card. ● To create a new department data You can create new department data with the following procedure. 1. Click [Record], and then [New]. You can also create data by right-clicking on the list of department data and then clicking [New Record].
If there is already a department code in the cash register, you cannot delete the department code from the cash register with the Custommer Support Tool. Delete the department code in the cash register directly.
PLU (Price Look-Up) If you set PLU codes, you can classify sales items into smaller groups and can manage the sales in more detail, compared to management by departments. To open the PLU screen, click the [PLU] tab in the main window of the Customer Support Tool.
(3) PRICE Input a unit price in the textbox, which can range from 0 to 999999.99. The default value is zero. (4) PROGRAM • Dept. No. Input the code of the department where the PLU data is supposed to be classified. The code can range from 1 to 99.
You can also create data by right-clicking on the list of PLU data and then clicking [New Record]. The PLU code input dialog appears. 2. Input a PLU code in the textbox. 3. Click [OK]. New PLU data is created. Notice If you input an already existing PLU code, an error message appears.
CLERK In this manual, an operator of the cash register is called “clerk.” You can set details about operators on the clerk screen. To open the clerk screen, click the [CLERK] tab in the main window of the Customer Support Tool. ●...
(3) PROGRAM • Pass code. Input a four-digit number in the textbox as a pass code. The default value is “0000.” • Auto key. Before operating auto keys, check “ENABLE.” In the default setting, it is checked. (4) CLERK CODE The selected clerk code is displayed.
● To delete clerk data You can delete unnecessary clerk data in the procedure below. 1. Select the clerk data you want to delete, click [Record] and then [Delete]. You can also delete data by right-clicking the data in the clerk data list and clicking [Delete Record].
LOGO TEXT You can set logo text written on your receipt. To open the logo text screen, click the [LOGO TEXT] tab in the main window of the Customer Support Tool. ● Appearance and details of the logo text window (1) LOGO TEXT Type letters in the textbox.
LOGO You can set header logo data (a graphic logo printed on the receipt) in the cash register. To open the LOGO screen, click [LOGO] in the main window of Customer Support Tool. Note Also refer to “Creating Logo Data” on page 35 in this manual. ●...
(3) Send to SD Click this button to write the logo data to an SD memory card. * Requirements of an image file for a logo When creating a logo, you can only use an image file that satisfies requirements below: Format : bitmap (*.bmp) Color : monochrome Size : 360 x 130 pixels...
There are two methods for setting taxes: the tax rate method and the table tax method. The tax rate method uses a straight percentage rate on sales. The tax-table method requires tax break information from your state or local tax authority (Sharp does not have tax table information since it changes by municipality). ● Appearance and details of the tax screen (1) List of tax data To see details of a tax, click the row of the tax.
(4) TAX & AMOUNT You can set taxes with the tax table. When you select "%TAX" as a tax calculation type, you can input only the value of the highest row of the table (the tax exemption limit). When you select "TABLE TAX," refer to the next subsection "To set taxes with the tax table." (5) Table tax adjustment After inputting taxes and amounts in the table above, click this button to check whether the table is set appropriately.
● To set taxes with the tax table 1. Input a tax rate. 2. Select “TABLE TAX” as a tax calculation type. 3. Input the initial minimum tax in the first cell of the “Tax” column. 4. Input the initial minimum breakpoint (0.01 through 999.99) of the sales amount in the first cell of the "Amount"...
QuickBooks® ® You can send sales data from the cash register to QuickBooks Pro via an SD memory card. To open the QuickBooks® screen, click [QuickBooks®] in the main window of Customer Support Tool. ● Appearance and details of the QuickBooks® screen (1) QuickBooks®...
® ● To send sales data from an SD memory card to QuickBooks ® You can send today's sales data via an SD memory card to QuickBooks Pro. ® 1. Start QuickBooks Pro. 2. Insert an SD memory card. ® Note Disable write-protection on the SD memory card when you send data to QuickBooks Pro.
The EXPORT SALES DATA dialog appears. 8. Select a customer name. ® When you send sales data to QuickBooks Pro for the first time, no customer name is displayed. When you send sales data at the second time or later, the name you have selected at the previous time is displayed. 9.
Sample Operations This chapter explains two procedures with sample operations: exchanging and editing data and creating logo data. For details of exchanging data between the cash register and an SD memory card, refer to the Instruction Manual of XE-A207 and XE-A23S. Exchanging and Editing Data This sample operation will demonstrate the procedure below, using Customer Support Tool: (1) Reading department data from an SD memory card...
All department data on the SD memory card are read. 6. Click inside of the DEPT CODE box. The DEPT CODE input dialog appears. 7. Input “15,” for example, in the textbox. 8. Click [OK]. Department data whose code is 15 is shown. 9.
10. Uncheck “Tax 1” and check “Tax 2” in the TAXABLE field, for example. 11. Click [Send to SD]. All department data are written to the SD memory card. 12. Click [File], and then [Exit]. Department data you have edited are saved in the data folder, and Customer Support Tool finishes.
Creating Logo Data This sample operation will demonstrate a procedure below, using the Customer Support Tool and Paint, a Microsoft Windows component: Note Other tools then Paint may be used for logo file creation. The logo file must meet the requirements defined in the LOGO section of this manual.
4. Based on Blank(.bmp), design your own logo, using various Paint tools. 5. Click at the upper left corner, and then [Save as]-[BMP picture]. The “Save as” dialog appears. 6. Type the name of logo you have created in the textbox, 7.
The main window of Customer Support Tool appears. 12. Click the [LOGO] tab. 13. Click [Select]. The Open dialog appears. 14. Select the logo you have created. 15. Click [Open]. The logo data is previewed. 16. Click [Send to SD]. The logo data is written to an SD memory card.
17. Click [File], and then [Exit]. Logo data you have edited is saved in the data folder, and Customer Support Tool finishes. Note About how to send data from the SD memory card to the cash register, refer to “Data loading” on page 95 in the Instruction Manual of XE-A207 and XE-A23S.
Before Calling for Service Trouble Shooting If you have a problem while using Customer Support Tool, refer to the table below. Trouble Solution Cannot use an SD memory card • Insert the SD memory card correctly. • Disable write-protection on the SD memory card. •...
Error Message List If an error message appears, refer to the table below and solve the problem. N o t e • If the [OK] button is displayed in the message box, click [OK] to close the message box. • If the [Yes] or [No] button in the message box, click either of them to close the message box. Error Message Solution PC-LINK has already started.
Error Message Solution Failed in export. • Insert the SD memory card correctly. • Disable write-protection on the SD memory card. • Format an SD memory card with the cash register. Failed in import. • For details of writing data to an SD memory card with the cash register, refer to page 94 in the Instruction Manual of XE-A207 and XE-A23S.