CORRECT DISPOSAL OF THIS PRODUCT
Please follow any local requirements to recycle used electronic appliances and
*If flashing red LED is encountered, first ensure you are attempting to charge
rechargeable batteries. Used rechargeable batteries may be recycled at no cost
NiMH AA or AAA batteries only. If yes, remove and reinsert the NiMH batteries.
to the consumer through the retail collection sites maintained by the
If batteries become heated, they may be damaged. Insert new NiMH batteries.
Now with Duracell pre-charged rechargeable batteries
Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (www.rbrc.org)
TO CHARGE BATTERIES
Retains power for up to 3 6 5 days while not in use, unlike other rechargeables
If you would like additional information on Duracell Rechargeable Batteries
1. Insert DURACELL NiMH batteries into the charging slots. The following types
Compact & Portable, in your car or at home
call 1-800-551-2355 (9:00AM-5:00PM E.S.T.).
of cells may be charged:
LED Indicator for AA/AAA
Safety protection and controls
2. From two (2) or four (4) AA or
CAUTION: We recommend charging DURACELL NiMH rechargeable
batteries only. Do not attempt to charge non-rechargeable batteries.
3. Plug the provided AC/DC adapter
Ideal for Digital and High-Drain Devices
Misuse could cause batteries to rupture, causing personal injury or
into an AC outlet and plug the
damage. Indoor use only. Dry location use only. Risk of electric shock.
12V jack in the socket on the
Never disassemble or alter any part of the charger or batteries.
top of the charger. Alternatively,
or Abnormal Temperature
Charger or batteries may become hot during charging and will cool down
plug in a car adpater (12V CLA).
when charging is complete. Not recommended for use by children.
Use only the stock adapter provided by DURACELL.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS - SAVE THESE
4. The LED indicator will light up RED.
INSTRUCTIONS, DANGER - TO REDUCE THE RISK OF
5. If abnormal conditions are detected during charging, the charger channel
FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, CAREFULLY FOLLOW
will stop charging and corresponding LED will flash red.
6. The individual LED indicators will turn GREEN when the batteries become
DURACELL offers a limited 3-year guarantee against defects due to faulty materials or
1. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS - This sheet contains important safety and
workmanship and guarantees the performance of each DURACELL charger for 3 years from
operating instructions for this charger.
date of purchase. If found to be defective, this DURACELL charger will be replaced without
7. Once charging is complete, unplug the charger from the power source and
charge when returned to DURACELL. This guarantee does not apply to damage from
2. Before using battery charger, read all instructions and caution markings on
misuse or abuse beyond normal usage. This guarantee gives you specific legal rights, and
remove the batteries.
the charger, battery and device using battery.
you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Should any battery be
8. Charging time may vary based on battery capacity (mAh).
damaged by this charger due to defects in the charger arising from faulty materials or
3. CAUTION - To reduce the risk of injury, charge only NiMH rechargeable
workmanship, DURACELL will repair or replace (at our option) the battery, provided both
9. Batteries that are new or have been stored for an extended period of time
charger and battery usage instructions have been followed. Send charger with the battery
may need to be charged and used 2-3 times before optimal charge
4. Do not charge Alkaline, Zinc Carbon, Lithium, NiOOH, or any batteries other
to DURACELL, Berkshire Corporate Park, Bethel, CT U.S.A 06801 Attention: Consumer
Relations Department. If you would like additional information on Duracell Rechargeable
performance is achieved.
than NiMH, as they may burst causing personal injury and damage.
Batteries call 1-800-551-2355 (9:00AM-5:00PM E.S.T.)
5. Keep batteries away from fire or explosion may occur.
NOTES & USAGE TIPS:
6. For proper insertion, please observe polarity indicators ( +/-).
1. New batteries may need to be charged before using.
7. For indoor use only. Do not expose to rain or snow.
8. Do not place in or near water or extreme heat.
2. This charger is capable of accepting 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz and
9. Do not operate charger with damaged cord or plug.
therefore can be used overseas.
10. Do not operate charger if it has been severely damaged in any way.
3. Batteries will automatically stop charging when full charge is reached.
11. Do not disassemble charger.
Safety protections will prevent battery from overcharging.
12. Disassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
13. To reduce the risk of electric shock, unplug the charger from the outlet
Charging Time Table
when not in use.
14. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with
reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and
knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction
concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the
15. For connection to a supply not in the U.S.A, use an attachment plug
adapter of the proper configuration.
16. This power unit is intended to be correctly oriented in a vertical or floor
To charge either 2 or 4 AA/AAA
use the following positions:
© 2009 DURACELL
a division of P&G,
Bethel, CT 06801
Made in China