Operation Guide 3157
Congratulations upon your selection of this CASIO watch. To get the most out of your
About This Manual
purchase, be sure to read this manual carefully.
• Depending on the model of your watch, display text
appears either as dark figures on a light background or
light figures on a dark background. All sample displays
The built-in sensors of this watch measure direction and temperature. Measured
in this manual are shown using dark figures on a light
values are then shown on the display. Such features make this watch useful when
hiking, mountain climbing, or when engaging in other such outdoor activities.
• Button operations are indicated using the letters shown
in the illustration.
• Each section of this manual provides you with the
• The measurement functions built into this watch are not intended for use in taking
information you need to perform operations in each
measurements that require professional or industrial precision. Values produced
mode. Further details and technical information can be
by this watch should be considered as reasonably accurate representations only.
found in the "Reference" section.
• When engaging in mountain climbing or other activities in which losing your way
can create a dangerous or life-threatening situation, always be sure to use a
second compass to confirm direction readings.
• Note that CASIO COMPUTER CO., LTD. assumes no responsibility for any
damage or loss suffered by you or any third party arising through the use of this
product or its malfunction.
World Time Mode
• The illustration below shows which buttons you need to press to navigate between
• In any mode (except when a setting screen is on the display), press B to illuminate
• You can enter the Digital Compass/Thermometer Mode from the Timekeeping Mode
by pressing D. To enter from another mode, first use C to enter the Timekeeping
Mode, and then press D.
Use the Timekeeping Mode to set and view the current
Daylight Saving Time (DST) Setting
Month – Day
time and date.
Daylight Saving Time (summer time) advances the time setting by one hour from
Day of week
Standard Time. Remember that not all countries or even local areas use Daylight
Read This Before You Set the Time and Date!
This watch is preset with a number of city codes, each of
To toggle the Timekeeping Mode time between DST and Standard Time
which represents the time zone where that city is located.
1. In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down A until the city
When setting the time, it is important that you first select
code starts to flash, which indicates the setting screen.
the correct city code for your Home City (the city where
2. Press C once and the DST setting screen appears.
you normally use the watch). If your location is not
3. Press D to toggle between Daylight Saving Time (
included in the preset city codes, select the preset city
displayed) and Standard Time (
code that is in the same time zone as your location.
• Note that all of the times for the World Time Mode city
4. Press A to exit the setting screen.
• The DST indicator appears to indicate that Daylight
codes are displayed in accordance with the time and
Hour : Minutes
date settings you configure in the Timekeeping Mode.
Saving Time is turned on.
To set the time and date
1. In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down A until the city code starts to flash, which
indicates the setting screen.
2. Use D and B to select the city code you want.
• Make sure you select your Home City code before changing any other setting.
• For full information on city codes, see the "City Code Table".
You can take direction readings and temperature readings in the Digital Compass/
3. Press C to move the flashing in the sequence shown below to select the other
Direction readings are taken by the watch's built-in magnetic bearing sensor and
displayed as one of 16 directions. A temperature sensor is used for temperature
• See "Digital Compass" for more information about the digital compass.
• See "Thermometer" for more information about the thermometer.
To enter and exit the Digital Compass/Thermometer Mode
1. While in the Timekeeping Mode, press D to enter the
• The following steps explain how to configure timekeeping settings only.
12 o'clock position
4. When the timekeeping setting you want to change is flashing, use D and/or B to
Digital Compass/Thermometer Mode.
• The watch will start to take direction and temperature
change it as described below.
readings. After about two seconds, the direction that
To do this:
the 12 o'clock position of the watch is facing will be
indicated and the current temperature reading will
Use D (east) and B
Change the city code
appear on the display.
• Direction readings will be taken each second for about
Toggle between Daylight Saving Time
10 seconds, and then stop automatically.
) and Standard Time (
• Temperature readings will be taken every two
Toggle between 12-hour (
seconds for about 10 seconds, and then stop
• To perform direction and temperature readings for
Reset the seconds to
another 10 seconds, press D again.
2. Press C to return to the Timekeeping Mode.
Use D (+) and B (–).
Change the hour or minute
• For information about using the digital compass, see "To
take a direction reading".
Use D (+) and B (–).
• For information about using the thermometer, see "To
Change the year
take a temperature reading".
Change the month or day
The watch takes temperature readings automatically whenever you enter the Digital
5. Press A to exit the setting screen.
Compass/Thermometer Mode. In addition, you can take readings manually by
• For details about configuring temperature display settings, see "To specify the
performing the procedure below.
• You can calibrate the temperature sensor if you think readings are wrong for some
temperature display unit".
• See "Daylight Saving Time (DST) Setting" below for details about the DST setting.
• You can select either Celsius (°C) or Fahrenheit (°F) as the temperature unit.