® Motorola S12 Digital Cordless Telephone S1201, S1202, S1203 and S1204 Warning Charge the handset for 24 hours before use.
Welcome... to your new Motorola S12 Digital Cordless Telephone! • All handsets are fully cordless for locating anywhere within range. • 50 Name and Number phonebook. • Speakerphone for hands-free conversations. • Caller ID shows you who’s calling and see details of the last 40 callers in a Calls list.
This User Guide provides you with all the information you need to get the most from your phone. Before you make your first call, you need to set up your phone. Follow the simple instructions in ‘Getting Started’, on the next few pages. IMPORTANT •...
1. Getting started ..........6 Lock/unlock the keypad ........16 Paging/Find handset........16 2. Getting to know your phone ......9 4. Phonebook ............ 17 3. Using the phone..........13 Store a name and number.......17 Switch the handset on / off ......13 View or dial an entry ........17 Calls..............
10. Help..............29 Eco mode ............23 Default settings..........24 11. General information ........31 7. Clock & alarm ..........24 Set the date ............. 24 Set the time ............. 24 Set alarm ............25 Switch off alarm ring........25 8. Caller ID and the Calls list......25 Caller ID ............
1. Getting started The line will hang up if the handset moves out of range of the base. Move closer to the base. The handset will automatically reconnect to the base. IMPORTANT Do not place your S12 in the bathroom or other humid areas. Setting up Location IMPORTANT...
Installing and charging the handset 1. Remove the battery cover from the back of the handset and insert the rechargeable Ni-MH battery cells supplied. Please note the ’+’ and ’-’ markings inside the battery compartment and insert in the correct direction. 2.
Date and time BATTERY LOW WARNING icon flashes on the display and you hear a warning If you have subscribed to a Caller ID Service, the date and beep every minute during a call, you will need to recharge time is set automatically for all handsets when you receive the handset before you can use it again.
2. Getting to know your phone Earpiece Display See page 10 for an overview of the display icons. Overview of your handset During a call, press to increase earpiece volume, page 13. When the phone is ringing, press to increase the handset ringer volume, page 19.
Display icons Calls list / Down In standby mode, press to open the calls list, page 26. Flashes to indicate an incoming external call During a call, press to decrease earpiece volume, page 13. When the phone is ringing, press to decrease the handset External call in progress ringer volume, page 19.
Keypad is locked Page In standby mode, press to ring the handset(s), page 16. Displayed number is longer than 12 digits Press and hold to enter registration mode when registering handsets, page 27. The approximate power levels of your battery are indicated Navigating the menus as follows: Your S12 has an easy to use menu system.
Menu map PHONEBOOK SETUP HANDSET DATE - TIME REGISTER ADD ENTRY BASE VOLUME BEEP DATE SET SELECT BASE MODIFY ENTRY BASE MELODY INT RING VOL CLOCK SET REG BASE DELETE ENTRY DEL HANDSET EXT RING VOL ALARM SET PIN CODE INT MELODY DIAL MODE EXT MELODY...
< 3. Using the phone 1. If the handset is off the base then press to answer the call, or if the handset is on the base simply lift the NOTE handset to answer the call. Your handset will automatically time the duration of all NOTE external calls.
1. Press followed by the number (1-5) of the handset 1. Press followed by the handset number (1-5) that you you want to call. want to establish a conference call. 3.5.2 Receive an internal call 2. When the other handset answers, press to connect When you receive an internal call, icon flashes and the...
3.6.2 Answer a call hands-free 3.7.2 Copy a Redial list number to the phonebook If the handset is on the base and auto answer is switched on, 1. Press to open the Redial list. < lift the handset and press 2.
Paging/Find handset 3.7.4 Delete the entire Redial list 1. Press to open the Redial list. You can alert a handset user that they are wanted or locate a missing handset. 2. Press and hold DELETE ALL ? Paging calls cannot be answered by a handset. The display shows 1.
4. Phonebook 5. Press to select the ringer melody you want and press You can store up to 50 names and numbers in the ADD ENTRY The display shows phonebook. Names can be up to 12 characters long and 6. Enter the next name and number entry that you wish to numbers up to 24 digits.
Enter the first letter of the name to search alphabetically. 6. Scroll to select a new ringer melody and press The first name that starts with this letter or the nearest ADD ENTRY letter in the alphabet will be displayed. The display shows Scroll to the entry you want.
5. Handset settings NOTE If you subscribe to your network providers caller ID service, Handset ringer volume calls from the numbers that you have stored in the phonebook will ring using the ringer melody you have set You can adjust the ring volume and set different volume when you store the entry.
Battery low warning beep NOTE The handset name will only be displayed for approximately 20 When the battery is almost fully discharged, you will hear a seconds when no button is pressed. If you make a mistake, warning beep every minute during a call. You can switch these beeps on or off.
6. Base settings Keypad lock using the menu You can use the menu to lock the keypad. Base ringer volume HANDSET 1. Press , scroll and press Choose from 5 volume levels or Off. KEYLOCK ? 2. Scroll and press to confirm.
Change base PIN code Recall mode Some functions are protected by a 4 digit PIN code which Depending on your country and network operator, your S12 must be entered if you want to change the settings. The has the recall time set as 600 ms (TIMED BR, 2). It is unlikely default PIN is 0000.
Emergency default 3. Press to select and press confirm. If you have lost your PIN code, you can still restore your S12 to its default settings. Eco mode 1. Remove the batteries from the handset. 2. Press and hold while replacing the batteries. DEFAULT The display shows 3.
7. Clock & alarm Default settings Low battery beeps If you have subscribed to Caller ID Service, the date and Out of range warning beeps time will be set on all your handsets whenever a call is Key beep received. You can also manually set the date and time on the individual handsets.
8. Caller ID and the Calls list Set alarm Each handset can have a different alarm setting. IMPORTANT DATE-TIME 1. Press , scroll and press To use Caller ID, you must first subscribe to the service from ALARM SET your network provider. A subscription fee may be payable. 2.
If your caller’s name and number are stored in the • If the caller’s number exactly matches an entry phonebook and a name/number match is found, you will see stored in the phonebook, the display will alternate the caller’s name on the display instead. between the name and the number.
9. Using additional handsets 6. Edit the number if necessary, then press 7. Press to select the ringer melody you want and You can register up to five handsets to your S12 base to press . The number is stored. extend your phone system without having to install extension NOTE sockets for each new phone.
Register a different make of handset On the handset: to your S12 base REGISTER 1. Press , scroll and press REG BASE IMPORTANT 2. Scroll and press DECT GAP Profile only guarantees that basic calling 3. Enter the base number (1 - 4). functions will work correctly between different makes/types The base numbers that are already in use flashes.
10. Help 2. Press . All the bases that your handset has been BASE 1 2 3 4 registered to will be displayed, e.g. . The No dial tone currently selected base number flashes. • Use only the telephone line cord supplied. 3.
icon is not scrolling during charge • Check that you are at least one metre away from other electrical equipment to avoid interference when • Adjust the handset slightly on the base. registering. • Clean the charging contacts with a cloth moistened with alcohol.
11. General information 6. Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a IMPORTANT damp cloth for cleaning. This equipment is not designed to make emergency telephone 7. Do not disassemble this product. If service or repair calls when the power fails.
Installation Guidelines 10. To avoid interference to nearby appliances, do not place the base of the phone on or near a TV, microwave oven, 1. Read and understand all instructions and save them for or VCR. future reference. 2. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the Battery Safety Instructions product.
Warranty the free flow of air over its surfaces. Thank you for purchasing this Motorola branded product • Do not submerge any part of your product in water and manufactured under license by Suncorp Technologies...
OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED. IN NO purchaser of the product. EVENT SHALL MOTOROLA OR SUNCORP BE LIABLE, Consumer Products and The balance of the original WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING...
(e) your address and telephone number. installation, maintenance, alteration, or modification in any way by someone other than Motorola, SUNCORP or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage. General information...
Technical Information How many telephones can I have? All items of telephone equipment have a Ringer Equivalence Number (REN), which is used to calculate the number of items which may be connected to any one telephone line. Your S12 has a REN of 1. A total REN of 4 is allowed. If the total REN of 4 is exceeded, the telephones may not ring.
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Motorola Mobility, Inc. All rights reserved. Version 6 (VN)