Quick Guide for the
12 Volt lithium-ion Battery
For use with cordless models only.
Cat. no.: 48-11-2401 Lithium-Ion Battery
Battery Voltage: 12 V Lithium-Ion (Li-ion) / 1.5 Ah / 16 Wh
Battery Model No.: 5KCL12IBOB
IMPorTanT: New batteries must be charged before first use.
This manual contains important safety and operating instructions for your
12 Volt Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery.
1. R echarge only with the charger specified by KitchenAid. Use with other types of chargers
may create a risk of fire.
2. D o not store battery in the charger. No battery damage will occur, however, if the charger
and battery are left plugged in. Storing the battery in an unplugged charger will drain the
battery over time.
3. T his battery is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical
sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been
given supervision or instruction concerning use of the battery by a person responsible
for their safety.
4. C hildren should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the battery.
5. U se 12V Li-ion battery only with specifically designated KitchenAid appliances. Use
in any other device may create a risk of injury and fire.
6. W hen battery is not in use, keep it away from other metal objects like paper clips,
coins, keys, nails, screws, or other small metal objects that can make a connection from
one terminal to another. Shorting the battery terminals together may cause burns or a fire.
7. D o not drop, crush, or damage the battery. Liquid may be ejected from the battery under
these types of abusive situations; avoid contact. If contact accidentally occurs, flush with
water. If liquid contacts eyes, additionally seek medical help. Liquid ejected from the battery
may cause irritation or burns.
8. D o not submerge or expose battery to water. To clean the battery exterior housing, use
a damp cloth, taking care not to contact the metal terminals. Shorting the battery terminals
together may cause burns or a fire.
9. S tore your battery in a cool, dry place. Do not store battery where temperatures
may exceed 50°C.
SaVe TheSe InSTrucTIonS