All information included in this publication is based on the late t product information available at the time of printing. TVS MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED reserves the right to mak changes at any time without prior notice and without incurring any obligation whatsoever. No part of this publication should be reproduced without written permission from TVS MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED.
GROUP INDEX GENERAL INFORMATION 1 to 4 PERIODIC MAINTENANCE & TUNE - UP PROCEDURE SERVICING OF ENGINE FUEL, LUBRICATION AND EXHAUST SYSTEM ELECTRICAL SYSTEM CHASSIS 7 to 9 SERVICE INFORMATION FREE / PAY SERVCES & WARRANTY PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION (PDI 11 to 12 EXCLUSIVE PARTS 13 to 20...
SPECIAL FEATURE - DETACHABLE FLAP REAR FENDER Apache RTR 180 has removable type flap rear fender as a feature. Customers who like a sporty rear end lookl can remove the flap rear fender (mud flap rear) from the rear fender assembly. The flap rear fender can be assembled back during rains or whenever required.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION TECHINICAL SPECIFICATIONS DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT Overall length 2085 mm Overall width 730 mm Overall Height 1105 mm Seat height 790 mm Ground clearance 165 mm Wheel base 1326 mm Kerb weight 137 kg with toolkit and 90% f fuel Pay load 130 Kg Gross vehicle weight...
1. GENERAL INFORMATION Monotube inverted gas filled 5 step adjustable shocks Rear suspension with rectangular swing arm Steering angle 41° Caster angle 25.5° Trail length 84.3 mm Turning radius 2150 mm Brakes Front Hand operated, 270 mm petal disc Rear Foot operated, 200 mm petal disc Tyre size Front...
0 E 6 C 9 2 0 0 0 0 6 7 Plant code Fill r Month code Engine type Year code Manufacturing serial no. Note: There is no exclusive special tool required for servicing of TVS Apache RTR 180. The list of special tools as...
RTR 160 remains same for RTR 180also. For detailed procedures and instructions on the following, refer Apache Service Manual SER.MAN / APACHE 01 / Revision 0, August 2006. (Page No. 1-8 to 1-10) 1. Running -in p riod 2.
Apache RTR Service information manual SER INF. MAN / APACHE RTR - Revision 0, June 2007 (Page No: 4 to 7) and SER INF. MAN / APACHE RTR - Revision 1, March 2008 (Page No: 3) in addition to Apache Service manual SER.MAN/APACHE 01 - Revision 0, August 2006 (Page No : 2-4 to 2-35)
NexGenBikes The electrical system is same as that of Apache RTR 160 excepting the Dial colour change in Speedo meter and TCI Unit (due to change in ignition timing for 180 cc engine). For more details on electrical system refer Apache service manual SER.MAN/APACHE 01 Revision 0, August 2006 (Page No 4- 1 to 4- 23 ) and RTR Service Information Manual...
Apache RTR 160cc as explained in Chassis chapter of Apache RTR Service information manual SER.INF.APACHE RTR - Revision 0, June 2007 (Page No : 15 to 17) and Wheel assembly rear, Rear disc brake system are same as that of Apache RTR Fi 160 as explained in chassis chapter of Apache RTR Fi 160service information manual SER INF / APACHE RTR - Revision 2 Nove ber 2008 (Page No.
Step 3: Fig - 3 Fig - 4 Insert the reaming tool and carefully ream the Puncture hole / location at the marked area (Ref fig - 3) Step 4: Take the cold-mending strip and insert it in the slot provided in the Strip inserting tool (Ref fig - 4).
6. CHASSIS Step 5: Fig - 5 Fig - 6 Insert the Strip inserting tool in to the marked hole till the strip goes atleast more than half of its folded length (Ref fig - 5). Step 6: After inserting the strip, gently pull out the strip inserting tool, holding the strip in the tyre itself (Ref fig - 6) Step 7:...
REMOVAL AND ASSEMBLY OF TUBELESS TYRES Incase of tyre removal from the wheel rim, remove the wheel assembly as like Apache RTR. After rem ving the wheel assembly from the vehicle, careful removal of tubeless tyre is necessary using a tyre demounting machine to remove the tyre from the wheel rim. Use of levers used for removing normal tyre in the puncture shop may cause damage to the rim and will result in improper sealing and loss of air.
8. FREE / PAY SERVICES & WARRANTY Free & Pay s rvice sch dules, Free service re-imbursement charges, Warranty terms and conditions and warranty labour charg s are same as that of Apache 150 cc / RTR 160 cc. -10-...
9. PRE - DELIVERY INSPECTION (PDI) PDI CHECK LIST - Apache RTR 180 Remarks Sl.No Description Not OK ( ) Transit Damages Front fender Head Lamp / Housing front / Visor TSL Indicators LH & RH Clutch & brake levers position & scratch...
9. PRE - DELIVERY INSPECTION (PDI) 4.10 Rear fender alignment 4.11 Steering operation 4.12 Front & Rear brake play 4.13 Front & Rear Tyre Pressure 4.14 Engine / Gear box Oil Level - Dipstick 4.15 Gear lever & brake pedal position w.r.t rider footrest Start the Engine after petrol in tank Startability Kick / Self starter functioning...
However the old part available at dealership under old part number must be used only for RTR 160 cc. Do not use the old Part in RTR 180 cc. 7. Only new part will be serviced in spares.
However the old part available at dealership under same part number must be used only for Smaller OD RTR 160 cc. Do not use the old Part in RTR 180 cc. Bigger OD 4. Only new part will be serviced in spares.
3. Oil pump alone without the driven gear is not interchangeable with existing Apache / RTR 160 cc vehicles. Can be interchanged as a set (Oil pump & Gear oil pump driven) 4. Can be dent f ed by the step on the body of the oil pump assembly.
1. Cover handle bar complete : N9151380 2. Cover handle bar complete changed to black colour & Emblem handle bar changed from RTR 160 to RTR 180. 3. Though this cover handle bar complete can functionally be fitted on RTR 160, it is not recommened due to change in colour &...
3. Height of the brack t for fork holding increased for better life. 4. Can be identified by pip provid d the lower bracket complete. 5. The modified part can be interchangeable with existing Apache / RTR 160 vehicles. 6. Only mod f ed part will be serviced in spares.
3. Servicing proc dure for O ring chain is same as exlained Apache RTR r fr sh 160 cc (R fer SER.INF / APACHE RTR - REVISION 1). Aft r v ry water servicing Cleaning &...
: N9112910 2. New parts due to introduction of tubeless tyre assembly. 3. Front wheel size ( 90/90-17 ) is same as Apache RTR 160 cc 4. Can be identified the "Tubeless" & by profile of Wheel rim at the valve mounting area.
10. PARTS CHANGE DETAILS WHEEL ASSEMBLY REAR (TUBELESS) 1. Wheel assembly rear : N9112750 Alloy wheel rear : N9112840 Tyre rear : N9112920 2. New parts changed to suit tubeless tyre assembly. 3. Rear wheel size changed from 100 / 80 -18" to 110 / 80 -17"...