Thank you for purchasing the JVC option hater unit.
To obtain the best results from your new camera, read these instructions carefully before use;
retain the manual for future reference.
For Customer Use:
Enter below the Serial No. which is located on the body.
Retain this information for future reference.
These instructions are for KA-H205U
These are general IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS and certain items may not apply to all appliances.
1. Read all of these instructions.
2. Save these instructions for later use.
3. All warnings on the product and in the operating instructions should be adhered to.
4. Unplug this appliance system from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
5. Do not use attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer as they may cause hazards.
6. Do not use this appliance near water - for example, near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, or laundry tub, in a
wet basement, or near a swimming pool, etc.
7. Do not place this appliance on an unstable cart, stand, or table. The appliance may fall,
causing serious injury to a child or adult, and serious damage to the appliance may fall,
causing serious injury to a child or adult, and serious damage to the appliance.
Use only with a cart or stand recommended by the manufacturer, or sold with the appliance.
Wall or shelf mounting should follow the manufacturer's instructions, and should use a
mounting kit approved by the manufacturer.
An appliance and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive
force, and uneven surfaces may cause the appliance and cart combination to overturn.
8. Slots and openings in the cabinet and the back or bottom are provided for ventilation, and
to insure reliable operation of the appliance and to protect it from overheating, these openings must not be
blocked or covered. The openings should never be blocked by placing the appliance on a bed, sofa, rug, or
other similar surface. This appliance should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register. This
appliance should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase unless proper ventilation is provided.
9. This appliance should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are
not sure of the type of power supplied to your home, consult your dealer or local power company. For appliance
designed to operate from battery power, refer to the operating instructions.
10. For added protection for this product during a lightning storm, or when it is left unattended and unused for long
periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or cable system. This will prevent
damage to the product due to lightning and power-line surges.
11. Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this appliance where the cord will be abused by
persons walking on it.
12. Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the appliance.
13. Do not overload wall outlets and extension cords as this can result in fire or electric shock.
14. Never push objects of any kind into his appliance through cabinet slots as they mat touch dangerous voltage
points or short out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the appliance.
15. Do not attempt to service this appliance yourself as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous
voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
16. Unplug his appliance from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under following
a. When the power cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
b. If liquid has been spilled into the appliance.
c. If the appliance has been exposed to rain or water.
d. If the appliance does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. Adjust only those controls
that are covered by the operating instructions as improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage
and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the appliance to normal operation.
e. If the appliance has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
f. When the appliance exhibits a distinct change in performance - this indicates a need for service.
17. When replacement parts are required, be sure the service technician has used replacement parts specified by
the manufacturer that have the same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized substitutions may result
in fire, electric shock, or other hazards.
18. Upon completion of any service or repairs to this appliance, ask the service technician to perform routine safety
checks to determine that the appliance is in safe operating condition.
For USA and CANADA
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK.
DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK).
NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
TO PREVENT FIRE OR SHOCK HAZARD, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS UNIT TO RAIN OR MOIS-
Information for USA
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Changes or modifications not approved by JVC could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
INFORMATION (FOR CANADA) RENSEIGNEMENT (POUR LE CANADA)
This Class [B] digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003.
Cet appareil numérique de la classe [B] est conforme à la norme NMB-003 du Canada.
Due to design modification, data given in this instruction book are subject to possible change without prior notice.
This installation should be made by a qualitied service person and should conform to all
● To save energy, turn the power off when not in use.
● This unit is a special heater for TK-C205VPU (A) Dome camera. It cannot be installed to other
color video cameras.
● Use AC 24 V power supply for TK-C205VPU (A).
● Do not modify this machine without prior permission. Accidents may occur.
● Refer to the "Instructions" for TK-C205VPU (A) on installing the camera and connecting the
● After installing to TK-C205VPU (A), switch off the machine power supply and then connect.
● Always use the desiccant that comes with this unit. Other desiccants or the silica gel that comes
with TK-C205VPU (A) are unable to remove moisture completely under extreme low temperature.
● When the heater board is installed, the switch on the camera unit is hidden and image adjustment
cannot be made. Always adjust the image quality before installing the heater.
● Do not use the heater unit in the following locations:
• Locations where the surrounding temperature exceeds -40˚F to 122˚F (-40˚C to 50˚C).
• Locations where corrosive gas occurs.
PORTABLE CART WARNING
• Vibrating locations
(symbol provided by RETAC)
● This unit consists of a heater board and a control board. Install these two boards to TKC205VPU (A).
● Switch off the power supply of the camera.
Remove the dome cover
Loosen the 3 screws on the dome cover
The lightning flash with arrowhead
that secures it with the wrench that comes
symbol, within an equi-lateral triangle,
is intended to alert the user to the pres-
with TK-C205VPU (A).
ence of uninsulated "dangerous volt-
age" within the product's enclosure that
may be of sufficient magnitude to con-
stitute a risk of electric shock to
The exclamation point within an equi-
lateral triangle is intended to alert the
Remove the camera unit
user to the presence of important oper-
ating and maintenance (servicing) in-
structions in the literature accompany-
Loosen the screws on the camera unit in
ing the appliance.
the order of
camera unit from the base.
Remove the inner cover
Press A, B sections lightly and remove the
inner cover. After removing the inner cover
from the camera unit, fold the 4 catches
and remove the ring section.
Once the ring section of the inner cover is
removed, it cannot be placed back.
Disassembling TK-C205VPU (A)
, and remove the