Welcome to the world of comfort and energy savings with your new Honeywell program- mable thermostat. Your new programmable thermostat is designed to provide you with reliable, precise temperature control. When you follow the simple program- ming instructions in this manual, your thermostat...
Features ... 2 Key Locations and Descriptions ... 4 Planning Program Schedule ... 5 Program Schedule ... 6 Programming Thermostat ... 7 Setting Current Time and Day ... 8 Setting Weekday Program ... 9 Setting Weekend Program ... 10 Setting Temporary Temperature Hold ... 13 Setting Indefinite Temperature Hold ...
Key Locations and Descriptions INCREASE • PROGRAM TIME AND TEMPERATURE. • SET TEMPORARY TEMPERATURE HOLD. T8000, T8001 T8011, T8024 T U E MODELS FAN SWITCH HOLD KEY • SET TEMPORARY TEMPERATURE HOLD. SELECT KEY • CURRENT SETPOINT. • CHANGE DAY AND TIME.
Planning Program Schedule The thermostat display shows day, time, program period, and temperature. The thermostat can be set for four time periods per day for weekdays and weekend. Before programming the thermostat, you can use the program schedule to plan your program.
Program Schedule Weekday Start Time Wake ________ Leave ________ Return ________ Sleep ________ Weekend Start Time Wake ________ Leave ________ Return ________ Sleep ________ Wake and Return start times should include extra lead time, based on outside temperature and equipment response time, to give your equipment a head start to heat or cool the house. The temperatures cannot be set any higher than 99°F (37°C) or any lower than 40°F (4°C).
Four time periods are available during weekdays and the weekend—Wake, Leave, Return, and Sleep. Wake is the time the thermostat turns on the heating/cooling equipment after an energy saving period. When deciding what time to set for your Wake period, include extra...
Sleep is the time period you can set for an energy-saving temperature while you are sleeping. (For more comfortable sleep- ing, some people choose not to raise the cool temperature during the night.) IMPORTANT Always press the keys with your fingertip or similar blunt tool.
Setting Weekday Program Slide the SYSTEM switch to the position, Heat or Cool, you want to program. A flame ing) or a snowflake (cooling) appears in the right side of the display, when setting the program temperature. 3. Wake Press Select. Press Wake time.
Press Select. Press Return temp- erature. 6. Sleep Press Select. Press Sleep time. Press Select. Press Sleep temp- erature. to set Setting Weekend Program 7. Wake M12629B to set M18568 to set M12631C Press Select. Press Wake time. Press Select. Press Wake temp- erature.
8. Leave Press Select. Press Leave time. Press Select. Press Leave temp- erature. 9. Return Press Select. Press Return time. to set 10. Sleep M18550 to set M12635B to set M18552 Press Select. Press Return temp- erature. Press Select. Press Sleep time.
11. Press Select. End is displayed. Program- ming is complete. The thermostat reverts to displaying the current day time and temperature in five seconds. Setting Temporary Temperature Hold 1. Press key to set a temporary temperature TEMPORARY setting. NOTE: The temporary temperature setting remains in effect until the next program period.
(fault heat relay is on continuously). Compressor is de- energized. Slide the SYSTEM switch in the lower right corner of the thermostat to select the desired system setting. FAN settings: Auto: Fan operates with equipment. On: Fan operates continuously.
Replace the batteries as soon as possible after the message flashes. The batteries are located on the right side of the thermostat. Open the battery door from the bottom, lifting out. If you insert the batteries within approximately 30 seconds of removing the old batteries, the thermosat retains the current time and day.
Power interruption and power restoration also trigger the minimum off-timer. The minimum off-timer operates in cooling on the T8000 and T8001, T8002, T8024 (multi- stage model) and in first stage heating or cooling on the T8011 (heat pump model). A...
(example: cannot set the heating higher or the cooling lower). Action • Check if the thermostat is mounted and latched on the wallplate—mount and latch the thermostat on the wallplate. • Check if the circuit breaker is tripped—reset the circuit breaker.
• Wait five minutes for the system to respond. • Set SYSTEM switch to Heat. • If the temperature setting is higher than the current room temperature and the flame thermostat is operating correctly. Contact a heating contractor for assistance. is displaying, the continued...
• Wait five minutes for the system to respond. • Set SYSTEM switch to Cool. • If the temperature setting is lower than the current room temperature and the snowflake thermostat is operating correctly. Contact an air conditioning contractor for assistance. is displaying, the continued...
System on indicator is flashing. Customer Assistance If you have any questions concerning the operation of your thermostat, please visit us at www.honeywell.com or call the thermostat information helpline at 1-800-468-1502. Action Wait a couple minutes after seeing the flame or snowflake and then check the registers.
(1) year from the date of purchase by the consumer. If, at any time during the warranty period, the product is defective or malfunctions, Honeywell shall repair or replace it (at Honeywell’s option) within a reasonable period of time.
Honeywell’s sole responsibility shall be to repair or replace the product within the terms stated above. HONEY- WELL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ANY BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT.