SECTION 1 GENERAL SERVICING PRECAUTIONS NOTES REGARDING HANDLING OF THE PICK-UP 1. Notes for transport and storage 1) The pick-up should always be left in its conductive bag until immediately prior to use. 2) The pick-up should never be subjected to external pressure or impact. 2.
NOTES REGARDING COMPACT DISC PLAYER REPAIRS 1. Preparations 1) Compact disc players incorporate a great many ICs as well as the pick-up (laser diode). These components are sensitive to, and easily affected by, static electricity. If such static electricity is high voltage, components can be damaged, and for that reason components should be handled with care.
ESD PRECAUTIONS Electrostatically Sensitive Devices (ESD) Some semiconductor (solid state) devices can be damaged easily by static electricity. Such components commonly are called electrostatically sensitive devices (ESD). Examples of typical ESD devices are integrated circuits and some field-effect transistors and semiconductor chip components. The following techniques should be used to help reduce the incidence of component damage caused by static electricity.
TAPE DECK MECHANISM EXPLODED VIEW 1. TAPE DECK MECHANISM (A/R & A/S : RIGHT A/R DECK) BRASS MOTOR PULLEY MAYBE CHANGED FOR WOW FLUTTER WHEN NECESSARY RING FW MAYBE ADDED FOR WOW FLUTTER WHEN NECESSARY RING FW MAYBE ADDED FOR WOW FLUTTER WHEN NECESSARY...
SECTION 3 AUDIO PART ELECTRICAL AUDIO ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE 1. POWER (SMPS) POWER (SMPS) Check the fuse Replace the fuse F901 Check the DC V of C905. Check BD901, LF901, 902 If DC V is over 400V Chcek the DC V of C909, C903, Replace IC 901,902 Check IC901, 902 C921 If DC V is in 14~19V...
2. P-SENS P-SENS Check the PIN6 of P9702 Check power circuit Trouble shooting If DC V is over 5.6V 3. VKK CHECK VKK check Check the PIN3 of P9702 Check power circuit Trouble shooting If DC V is over -28V ±2 4.
5. MICOM PART CHECK II MICOM part check II Check if Refer to voltage of P7904_PIN5 SMPS troubleshooting. is 5.6V. Check Check if output of both end voltage of D101(1SR35) is 5V. D101 Replace D101. Check D101. Check Check if output of IC101 Check Q102_base Q101_ emitter/collector (KIA7042) is over 4.3V.
7. FLD DISPLAY CHECK FLD display check Check Refer to SMPS P7904_PIN1, 2, 3 voltage input. Check if both end votage of F1, F2 are over 3.7V. VKK : over 26V. Check P3702 connection and power. Check P3702 connection. Pin1 : FL-22 Pin2 : FL+26 Pin3 : VKK- over 26V.
13. TAPE PLAY PART CHECK TAPE PALY part check Check Refer to IC201(HA12237)_PIN16 SMPS troubleshooting. 12V input. Check IC201_ Replace head wire and tape Check A/B PIN5, 26 signal deck mechanism. deck head input. output. Check A deck head input IC201_PIN32, 39 and B deck head input IC201_PIN34, 37.
SECTION 4 DVD PART ELECTRICAL DVD ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE 1. POWER CHECK GUIDE Power ON Power ON Func Does Does DVD/CD AUX, FM 87.5.AM, USB appear at appear at FLD? FLD? Does Does it DISK1 appear appear DVD ERROR at FLD? at FLD? Does No DISC or Check connector...
2. TEST & DEBUG FLOW Power ON Check connection lines Flash between FLASH & ES8380 or Show LOGO? memory operates the FLASH access time whether properly? is suitable or not. Check connection lines between SDRAM (IC502) & SDRAM works ES8380 or the SDRAM is properly? damaged.
Does the SLED Moter driver DRV- move to inner side Check the MD MMUTE PIN is when it is at outer high 3 position? Check the related SLED circuit of SLED and signal is OK? motor driver IC (IC401) Check the cable connection with MECHA.
Laser Check the laser power circuit DVDLD turns on when between ES8381 and power or CDLD output transistor. (Q405, Q406) reading disc? properly? Collector voltage of power Check the related circuit of laser power transistor. transistor is OK? (Q405, Q406) Check cable connection between P400 and pick-up head.
Proper Check the connections between signal on A, B, C, D Focus on OK? PDM01 and pick-up head. from MD? Proper Check the related circuit of FOO signal on ES8380 focus signal. IC401? Check cable connection between P400 and MD. Proper Check the related circuit Tracking OK?
Audio Check the connections between outputs are OK signal data on ES8380 and P4703 during playing P8380 is OK? DISK? Check the MAIN PCB For example composite video, Picture check the video mute TR signal data on (Q411), output of video buffer ES8380 is OK? IC (IC407) and ES8380 video signal data...
3. USB PART TURN ON USB “Checking” or Check the POWER supply circuit. “USB” display check (Check P5701) Check the HRST# signal Check the USB PART and DVD PART line. Check the USB JACK POWER supply. Reading OK check (Check P5301) Check the USB DATA LINE.