2) Before adjusting Static Convergence (STC), adjust the
focus first seeing to it that the WHITE color picture quality
is sharp enough.
3) Converge the RED vertical and BLUE vertical line in unity
(same line) by changing the angle between the 2 tabs of
4) Converge the RED horizontal and BLUE horizontal line in
unity(same line) by turning the 2 tabs of the 4-pole
magnet. At this time, do not change the angle between
the 2 tabs.
5) Converge the R, G, B vertical line in unity (same line) by
changing the angle between the 2 tabs of the 6-pole
6) Converge the R, G, B horizontal line in unity(same line) by
turning the 2 tabs of the 6-pole magnet. At this time, do
not change the angle between the 2 tabs.
(4) Dynamic Convergence (DYC) Adjustment
1) Y-axis Adjustment:
Adjust convergence of Y-axis (vertical) by moving the
deflection yoke (DY) left and right.
2) X-axis Adjustment:
Adjust convergence of X-axis (horizontal) by moving the
deflection yoke (DY) up and down.
6. White Balance Adjustment
6-1. Necessary Instrument
1) Automatic White Balance Meter (Low/High light Pattern
2) CRTColor Analyzer, CA -100: 1 set
3) Factory Remote Control
6-2. Adjustment Preparation
Prior to this adjustment, the Screen Voltage adjustment
should be finished.
6-3. Automatic adjustment
1) Adjust using Auto White Balance Meter.
2) Enter CPU OFF Mode by pressing "IN-START" & "MUTE"
key of factor remote control in turn before adjustment.
Exit CPU OFF mode by press the "MUTE" key of factory
remote control after adjustment finished.
* In case there is excess RED color at screen voltage
adjustment, adjust it using "volume - (
control until the RED color disappear.
6-4. Manual adjustment
1) Adjust using white Balance meter and factory remote
2) Enter white balance adjustment mode by pressing
"INSTART" key of factory remote control.
3) Use the CH
4) Use the VOL
5) Adjustment Procedure
a. Make the picture luminance 45Ft-L by changing the
"CONTRAST" and "BRIGHTNESS".
b. Adjust X data of High light with R-DRIVE and Y data of
high light with B-DRIVE to have the color temperature
as shown below.
c. Make the picture luminance 4.5Ft-L by changing the
"CONTRAST" and "BRIGHTNESS".
d. Adjust X data of low light with R-BIAS and Y data of low
Copyright©2009 LG Electronics.Inc. All right reserved.
Only for training and service purposes.
) key of factory remote
Key to choose adjustment item.
Key to change item data.
light with B-BIAS to have the color temperature as
e. Repeat steps a~d until both low and high light have the
same readings as shown below.
7. Focus Voltage Adjustment
This adjustment must be done after operating the TV set
7-1. Adjustment Preparation
Receive the LG standard pattern (PAL: Digital pattern,
480NC,13CH) and set the picture condition on "APC ON"
Turn the focus volume on the FBT upper direction to have
the best focus vertical line (Fig. 1(a)) and horizontal line (Fig.
1(b)) as shown below.
8. SUB-BRIGHTNESS Adjustment
Sub brightness adjustment is unnecessary(Don't adjust).
8-2. Sub-Tint adjustment
This adjustment has to be done only if the picture has bad tint
otherwise, it can be omitted if the picture has good tint.
1) Receive LG standard pattern signal (SMPTE, 2CH)
2) Set the picture condition on "APC ON" (CLEAR) mode.
3) Press the "ADJ" key of the factory remote control three
times to enter to "SUB-TINT" adjustment mode.
4) Change the Sub-Tint data by pressing the VOL
key until the upper and lower CYAN color becomes same
9. Deflection setting data adjustment
These adjustment will be done by automatic adjustment
For manual adjustment, it is also possible by the following
9-1. Adjustment Preparation
1) Deflection setting data adjustment can be done only with
2) Press "IN-START" key on factory remote control continuously
to enter to Deflection Adjustment mode.
3) Press the CH
- 7 -
key to select adjustment item.
LGE Internal Use Only