Thank you for purchasing a JVC HD Television. This Quick Setup Guide, will help you setup
your television to receive HD programming.
Getting HD programming is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
There are 3 basic ways you can receive HD programming.
• If you do not have a Digital STB (Set-Top Box), please refer to the enclosed TV instruction manual for regular connection.
may incur additional cost for a monthly subscription.
HD Digital Cable TV:
If your Cable TV provider offers HD programing you need to subscribe to it and obtain an HD Digital Cable Box from
HD Digital Satellite TV:
If your Satellite TV provider offers HD programming you need to subscribe to it and obtain an HD Digital Satellite
Box from them.
HD Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting:
If you have a good enough signal with a UHF antenna, it is possible to receive digital terrestrial broadcasting in HD.
• In general, weather conditions may have an effect on the signal.
• Ideally, it is best to use an outdoor antenna to get the best reception.
• Additional HDTV Antenna Reference Information can be obtained from www.antennaweb.org
• There are 4 methods for connecting an HD Source: (1 - 4) ordered based on best quality. Please choose only one.
• If you have an HD Cable or Satellite Box, refer to methods 1 - 3.
• If you can receive HD Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting, connect your antenna to the antenna input on the back of your TV.
Please refer to method 4.
• You cannot view HD quality signals with Composite or S-Video cables (Y/C).
• All cables described here are sold separately. You can purchase JVC brand cables at www.jvcservice.com/store.
HDMI to HDMI Cable connection - This is the best
possible connection if your HD Digital Cable Box or
HD Digital Satellite Box has an HDMI output.
• Some Cable or Satellite Boxes may require additional
connections to view other channels. Not all the
channels are available via the HDMI connection.
HDTV Quick Setup Guide
Connecting your TV to an HD Signal
HDMI input connection
on the back of your TV
HDMI AUDIO IN
HDMI VIDEO IN
HDMI to HDMI
Outside Cable Wire
HD Satellite Dish
Back of the
CABLE BOX or SATELLITE BOX
HDMI VIDEO OUT
DVI AUDIO OUT