Module No. 2041/2042
• If the digital display of your watch is continually changing, see "Auto Display Function" for information on how to stop it.
• Press D D D D D to change from mode to mode.
• When you return to the Timekeeping Mode from another mode, the Home City code appears first, followed after a few seconds by the current time. See "TIMEKEEPING MODE" for
• In any mode, press A A A A A to illuminate the display.
In addition to normal timekeeping, use the Timekeeping
Mode to set the current time and date.
Setting the Current Time
Use the following procedure to select a city (city code) as
your Home City, and then set its time and date. You can
also specify whether you prefer to use 12-hour or 24-hour
timekeeping for all screens that show times.
• Changing the city code setting usually changes the time
setting and sometimes changes the date setting. Be-
Hour : Minutes
cause of this, you should select your Home City before
setting time and date.
• Once you select a Home City and set its time, you can
view the current time in other cities by simply changing
the city code setting.
To set the current time
1. In the Timekeeping Mode, hold down C C C C C until the city
2. Use A A A A A and B B B B B to scroll through the city codes until the
• B B B B B scrolls forward, while A A A A A scrolls back through city
• See the "CITY CODE TABLE" at the back of this manu-
al for a complete list of available codes.
3. Press D D D D D to move the flashing in the sequence shown
4. Press D D D D D until the seconds digits are flashing on the display.
5. While the seconds digits are selected (flashing), press B B B B B to reset the seconds to
• Pressing B B B B B while the seconds count is in the range of 30 to 59 resets the seconds
to AA and adds 1 to the minutes. If the seconds count is in the range of 00 to 29, the
minutes count is unchanged.
6. Press D D D D D until the hour digits are flashing on the display.
7. Press B B B B B increase the setting or A A A A A to decrease it.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 to set the minutes, year, month, and day.
• When the 12/24-hour setting is selected, press B B B B B to toggle between 12-hour (
and 24-hour (
9. After you make the settings you want, press C C C C C to return to the current time screen.
Viewing the Current Date and World Time Mode Screens
In the Timekeeping Mode, press C C C C C to display the current date screen, and B B B B B to
display the World Time Mode screen. The screen you select remains on the display
for a few seconds, and then the watch returns to the current time.
Day of week
• The operational procedures for Modules 2041 and 2042 are identical. All of the illustrations in this manual show Module 2041.
• Button operations are indicated using the letters shown in the illustration.
• Each section of this manual provides you with the information you need to perform operations in each mode. Further details and
BA F FA
technical information can be found in the "REFERENCE" section.
World Time Mode
Alarm 1 Mode
code starts to flash on the display. The city code flash-
es because it is selected .
one you want to set as your Home City.
below to select other settings.
[World Time Mode]
Current time in the selected city
ABOUT THIS MANUAL
Alarm 2 Mode
Current time in the selected city
Viewing the Time in Another City
In the World Time Mode, press B B B B B to scroll forward through the city codes.
• If you leave a city code on the display for a few seconds, the contents of the display
change to show the home time differential and current time.
• If the currently selected city code is also the Home City, the indicator HOME ap-
pears above the current time.
Making a City Your Home City
1. In the World Time Mode, display the city codes that you want to make your Home City.
2. To make the displayed city your Home City, hold down C C C C C for about one second
until the HOME indicator appears.
• The time displayed in the Timekeeping Mode changes in accordance with the city
you select with the above procedure.
Daylight Saving Time (DST)
Daylight Saving Time automatically advances the time setting by one hour from
Standard Time. A number of the city codes automatically switch between standard time
and daylight saving time on specific dates. Other city codes can be switched manually.
• See "Standard Time/Daylight Saving Time Auto Switching" for details on which city
codes switch automatically and the dates they are preset to switch.
To switch between Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time manually
WORLD TIME MODE
The World Time Mode shows the current time in 40
cities around the world.
• For full information on city codes, see the "CITY
CODE TABLE" at the back of this manual.
• The home time differential shows the difference
between the time in your Home City (city that is
selected in the Timekeeping Mode) and the current-
ly displayed World Time city.
• The city code that is displayed when you leave the
World Time Mode will still be displayed when you
enter the World Time Mode again.
• Pressing A A A A A in the World Time Mode turns on the
backlight and momentarily displays the city code and
home time differential.
1. In the World Time Mode, display the city code whose
standard time/daylight saving time setting you want to
2. Press A A A A A and C C C C C simultaneously to toggle between day-
light saving time (DST displayed) and standard time
(DST not displayed).
• The DST indicator appears whenever daylight saving
time is selected for the city code whose time is currently
on the display.
You can set up to two daily alarms named Alarm 1
and Alarm 2, and even specify a city code for the alarm.
• When you enter the Alarm 1 or Alarm 2 Mode, the
alarm time setting and the city code currently as-
signed to that alarm appear on the display.
• The home time indicator ( ) appears when
Alarm 1 on
is selected as the city code assigned to the alarm.
Assigning any other city code causes the home time
indicator to be replaced by the world time indicator
( ` ).
• Pressing A A A A A in the Alarm 1 or 2 Mode turns on the
backlight and displays the city code assigned to the
Home time indicator