Getting started with your new Fujitsu
This convenient guide will lead you through the start-up process in six easy steps
and will also offer some valuable tips.
IR Port (TV Tuner
1. What's in the Box
Check to see that all of the following are in the box:
Lithium ion battery, pre-installed
AC adapter with power cord
Phone/modem (RJ-11) telephone cable
Drivers and Applications Restore (DAR) CD
International Limited Warranty Booklet and Registration
Applications Software CD
System Restore CD
Depending upon your configuration, the following items
may also be included:
WinDVD Creator Plus™ CD (Dual Layer Multi-Format
Additional lithium ion battery
Instant MyMedia Restore CD (TV Tuner model only)
TV Remote (TV Tuner model only)
Antenna Adapter Cable (TV Tuner model only)
Display Panel Latch
2. Turn on Your Notebook
• Plug the AC adapter into your notebook.
• Plug the power cord into the AC adapter.
• Connect the power cord to an electrical outlet.
• Connect the phone cable or an ethernet cable to your
notebook and to a wall jack.
• Press the power button (above the keyboard) to
turn on the notebook.
• The notebook is now on and the battery is being charged.
• The notebook will begin a power-on self test. Once
successfully completed, the operating system will begin the
• Enter the information as prompted to personalize your
notebook, and configure your modem to dial.
• Register your notebook with Fujitsu Service and Support via
our Web site at: us.fujitsu.com/computers
Anti-Theft Lock Slot
Optical Drive Eject Button
Available on Models
with TV Tuner
PC Card Slot
LAN Jack (RJ-45)
DC Power Jack
Modem Port (RJ-11)
4. Activate Additional Utilities
If you have the wireless LAN configuration, please ensure the
wireless LAN switch is ON before clicking the "Click Me" icon.
• In the Start menu, click this icon
to activate additional
• Right click the Fujitsu Driver Update Utility (FDU) icon and
follow the on-screen instructions to update your drivers. For
more information, see your user's guide.
Status Indicator Panel
Green, solid: fully charged
Orange, solid: being charged
Orange, blinking: charging
The Status Indicator Panel is
located just above the keyboard.
Following are some common
It takes approximately 4 hours to
charge the battery. In battery mode
the processor runs at half speed to
conserve battery life.
Optimizing Battery Life
• Set power management setting
to Maximize Battery Life
• Adjust display brightness levels to
lowest comfortable setting
• Remove PC Cards when not
• Utilize Suspend mode when not
using your notebook
• Turn-off Wireless LAN when not
• Close un-used programs
• Remove un-used USB powered
• Read the Power Management
section in your User's Guide for
Adjusting display brightness
• Fn + F6 to decrease brightness
• Fn + F7 to increase brightness
Look for the latest drivers on the Drivers and Applications
Restore CD, right click the FDU icon and select "update", or go
5. Install WinDVD Creator Plus
• Close any open programs, applications or utilities
• Insert software application CD into media drive
• Open the application folder, select the set-up icon, and load
• Restart your computer
6. If you purchased the TV Tuner Model
Please see the TV Tuner Guide for detailed instructions.
Note: If you are installing more than one application, load each
one separately. Rebooting after each install is not necessary.
Green, solid: 51% - 100% charged
Visible: In Use
Orange, solid: 13% - 50% charged
Red, solid: 0% - 12% charged
Visible: In Use
Red, blinking: Problem with battery
Visible: In Use
Hard Drive/Optical Drive