For use with the playstation 2 game console (35 pages)
Summary of Contents for Mad Catz GameShark SP
INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR For use with the Game Boy Advance SP ® or Game Boy Advance Game Console ®...
1. Insert the GameShark SP into the game cartridge slot of your Game Boy ® Advance. 2. Insert the game you wish to play into the slot on the GameShark SP (with the label facing out) 3. Ensure the GameShark SP switch is in the ‘On’ position.
4. Turn on your GBA SP. 4) ADDING GAME NAMES, CHEAT DESCRIPTIONS AND CHEAT CODES You can easily add new games and cheats to your GameShark SP cartridge by hand. Follow the simple steps below to add new cheats to your cartridge: After entering game/cheats and codes, the game must be started to save the entry into memory.
a) To Add a New Game Name and Mastercode 1. On the Game Name list screen use the D-Pad on your GBA to line up the cursor next to New Game (at the top). 2. Press the B button on your GBA. This will now take you into the Editor. 3.
“To add a new Cheat Description” and “To add a new Cheat Code”. PLEASE NOTE: GameShark SP has a limited cheat storage capacity. If the GameShark SP memory becomes full, a warning message will appear and you will need to delete any unwanted cheats. Please see the section below “Deleting Cheats”...
5) DELETING GAME NAMES, CHEAT DESCRIPTIONS AND CHEAT CODES You can delete any Game Name(s), Cheat Description(s) or Cheat code(s) you want. Please be careful with this function, as anything you delete cannot be recov- ered and will be lost forever! To delete a Game Name, Cheat Description or Cheat Code, follow the simple steps below: a) To Delete a Game Name...
4. To delete the Cheat Description press the A button on your GBA. Please remember this will delete the Cheat Code as well! 5. If you decide not to delete the Cheat Descriptions, press the B button on your GBA. This will return you to the Game Name list. c) To Delete a Cheat code 1.
a) Editing Game Names 1. On the Game Name list screen use the D-Pad on your GBA to line up the cursor next to the Game Name you wish to edit. 2. Press the B button on your GBA. This will now take you into the Editor. 3.
Setting-up GameShark SP PC Application for the First Time Before you can start using the GameShark SP PC app, you will have to install the software on you PC and connect up the supplied USB cable to your GBA SP. This...
8) AN OVERVIEW OF THE GAMESHARK SP PC APP INTERFACE- CHEATS DISPLAYED When you first start the GameShark SP PC Application, you will be presented with an interface consisting of 2 different panels. Details of each panel and its functions...
4. Edit - Edit Cheat descriptions on the PC or cartridge. 5. Delete - Deletes highlighted Cheats from the PC or cartridge. 6. Add New Game; GameShark SP - Allows you to add a new game, cheat name and code directly to your GameShark SP cartridge.
GBA (explained in further detail below). 15. Internet - This button will open up the GBA SP page of www.gameshark.com. 16. Update - Updates your GameShark SP with any changes you have made using the PC application. 17. Copy -> PC - Copies the highlighted cheats from your GameShark SP cartridge to your PC.
Update button will start to flash. Use your mouse to click this button so that your GameShark SP cartridge synchronizes with that shown on the PC screen. PLEASE NOTE: If you enter a character that is not recognized by the GBA Cartridge, it will be displayed as a space.
Name. It will now be deleted. If you decide not to delete click Cancel. 5. If you have deleted a Game Name on your GameShark cartridge (Right panel) use the mouse to click the Update button so that your GameShark SP cartridge synchronizes.
12) COPYING CHEATS FROM GAMESHARK CARTRIDGE TO PC There are 2 ways to copy cheats from your GameShark Cartridge to the PC. These are both described below: a) Copying Cheats using the Copy -> PC button 1. Attach the GBA SP with GameShark cartridge and game inserted to the supplied USB PC to GBA SP Cable.
13) COPYING CHEATS FROM PC TO GAMESHARK CARTRIDGE There are 2 ways to copy cheats from the PC to your GameShark Cartridge. These are both described below: a) Copying Cheats using the Copy -> GBA button 1. Attach the GBA SP with GameShark cartridge and game inserted to the supplied USB PC to GBA SP Cable.
Fit the supplied USB cable between the GBA’s EXT1/Communications port and a free USB port on the PC. With the GameShark SP switch in the ON position, switch the GBA ON. Once the GBA is displaying the cheat’s list, start the GameShark application on the PC which will start in cheats mode, click on GAME SAVES to change the applica- tion to saves mode.
3. Clicking on Cancel will close the edit window. 15) DOWNLOAD THE LATEST GAME SAVES AND CHEATS If you have Internet access on your PC, GameShark SP PC app can connect directly to our dedicated GBA site, allowing you to download the latest and hottest GameShark SP cheats and saves available.
Password and Product Key. Please check you have entered a valid email address and the correct Product Key to access the online features of GameShark SP. Once you have entered all your details and the Product Key, click on ‘OK’ and the Internet Connection Panel will slide out to the left.
16) FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Q. With everything connected, I only get a blank screen on my Game Boy. A. Turn the power off, remove the Game and GameShark SP from the Game Boy‘ and run through the steps in "Let’s Get Connected" again.
If you still cannot resolve the problem, please contact us as follows: Phone: (800) 659-2287 E-Mail: email@example.com World Wide Web: http://www.gameshark.com Mailing Address: Mad Catz, Inc. ATTN: GameShark Support 7480 Mission Valley Road Suite 101 San Diego, CA 92108...