This guide contains safety statements under warn-
ing symbols. Please pay special attention to these
symbols and follow any instructions given. Here is
a brief explanation of the symbol.
This symbol alerts you to hazards
such as fire, electrical shock, or
- To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons when using
follow basic precautions,
• Read all instructions
before using the
• Do not wash articles that have been
in, or spotted with gasoline,
as they give off vapors that
could ignite or explode.
• Do not add gasoline,
vents, or other flammable,
to the wash water. These
give off vapors that could
ignite or explode.
• Under certain conditions,
may be produced
in a hot water system
that has not been used for 2 weeks or
GAS IS EXPLOSIVE.
If the hot water system has not been used
for such a period, before using the washing
machine, turn on all hot water faucets and
let the water flow from each for several
minutes. This will release any accumu-
gas. As the gas is flam-
mable, do not smoke or use an open
flame during this time.
• Do not allow children to play on or in the
washer. Close supervision
when the washer
is used near
• Before the washer
is removed from service
remove the door.
• Do not reach into the washer
if the tub or
• Do not install or store the washer where it
will be exposed to the weather.
• Do not tamper with controls.
• Do not repair or replace any part of the
washer or attempt any servicing
in this Use and
Care Guide or in published
that you understand
the skills to carry out.
• See Installation