M O B I L E P H O N E User Manual Please read this manual before operating your phone, and keep it for future reference.
Intellectual Property All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned by or which is otherwise the property of Samsung or its respective suppliers relating to the SAMSUNG Phone, including but not limited to, accessories, parts, or software relating there to (the “Phone System”), is proprietary to Samsung and protected under federal laws, state laws, and international treaty provisions.
THERETO. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT. IN ADDITION, SAMSUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM THE BREACH OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR BENEFITS.
Do you have questions about your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer a new FAQ/ARS System (Automated Response System) at: www.samsung.com/us/support. ® ® Nuance , VSuite™, T9 Text Input, and the Nuance logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc., or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
Devices purchased for use on AT&T's system are designed for use exclusively on AT&T's system. You agree that you won't make any modifications to the Equipment or programming to enable the Equipment to operate on any other system. A voice plan is required on all voice-capable devices, unless specifically noted otherwise in the terms governing your agreement.
How Does It Work? • The earSmart voice processor in your phone captures your voice and all the sounds around you. • Working like the human ear, it processes and distinguishes these sounds, isolates your voice conversation, and removes background noise - from both ends of a call.
Rear View of Your Phone ....18 Entering Text Using the Samsung Keypad ..58 Display Layout ......18 Entering Text Using Swype .
Section 7: Messaging ......... 91 Adding a New Contact ....60 Editing an Existing Contact ....63 Types of Messages .
Privacy ......122 Downloads ......153 Storage .
Search ......161 Samsung Mobile Products and Recycling ..178 Settings .
Section 1: Getting Started This section explains how to start using your phone by first 2. Lift the cover up (2) and away from the phone (3). configuring your hardware, activating your service, and then setting up your Voicemail. Setting Up Your Phone Prior to use it is necessary to install both the battery and SIM into their corresponding internal compartments.
Important! The plug-in SIM card information and its contacts Note: If the card is not inserted correctly, the phone will not can be easily damaged by scratching or bending, detect the SIM card. Re-orient the card back into the slot so be careful when handling, inserting, or if the SIM is not detected.
Installing the Back Cover Note: Make sure the battery is properly installed before 1. Place the battery cover onto the back of the phone (1) switching on the phone. and press down (2). Installing and Removing the Memory Card Your device lets you use a microSD (SD) or microSDHC card to expand available memory space.
Your device is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery. The Travel Charger that is used to charge the battery, is included with your device. Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers. Getting Started...
Warning! Please note that a touch screen responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger. Using excessive force or a metallic object when pressing Correct on the touch screen may damage the tempered glass surface and void the warranty. For more information, refer to “Standard Limited Warranty”...
Configuring your Phone 4. A green checkmark also appears next to the text that explains that you allows your location to be used for When you first turn on your phone, you will need to set up a Google search results and other Google services. If you few things.
Locking and Unlocking the Touch Note: If you already have a Google account, you only need to Screen sign in. 1. Press to lock the touch screen. Resetting your Google Account 2. Press again to display the main screen then Password sweep your finger across the screen to unlock it.
2. Follow the tutorial to create a password, record a greeting, and record your name. Note: These steps may be different depending on your network. Accessing Your Voice Mail 1. From the Home screen, tap , then tap 2. When connected, follow the voice prompts from the voice mail center.
Section 2: Understanding Your Phone • This section outlines some key features of your phone and 3.2” HVGA (480x320) 262k TFT display describes the screen and the icons that appear when the phone • 3.2 Megapixel camera and camcorder is in use. It also shows how to navigate through the phone and •...
Front View of Your Phone 2. Application icons: you can place shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen. 3. Primary shortcuts: allows quick access to important features such as Phone, Messaging, Web, and Applications. For more information, refer to “Primary Shortcuts”...
Side Views of Your Phone 9. Home screen tips Widget: displays tips to using your home screen. Tap the text area to see 6 different tips. 10. Google Quick Search bar: a shortcut to Google Search that allows you to search for items on the internet. 11.
Front Open View of Your Phone 1. Microphone: allows other callers to hear you when you are speaking to them on the speakerphone. To use the QWERTY keypad, turn your phone to a horizontal 2. Volume keys: allow you to adjust the ringer volume position and slide your phone open as shown below.
Rear View of Your Phone Display Layout Your display screen provides a wealth of information about the phone’s status and options, as well as providing access to application icons. For more information, refer to “Front View of Your Phone” on page 15. Primary Shortcuts There are four non-movable Application Shortcuts that appear at the bottom of all Home screens.
Indicator Icons Displays when the speakerphone is on. This list identifies the symbols you’ll see on your phone’s display and Indicator area: Displays when a call has been missed. Displays your current signal strength. The greater the number of bars, the stronger the signal. Displays when a call has been muted.
Displays when your connection to an EDGE network Displays when a new text or multimedia message is active. is received. Displays when your phone is communicating with Displays when a new Voicemail is received. the EDGE network. Displays when your connection to a 3G network is Displays when Email is received.
Displays when the Sound profile is set to Silent Displays when your phone is connected to a Digital mode and Vibrate is set to Always or Only in silent Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified device mode. using the AllShare application. Displays when Bluetooth is activated.
Application Icons AT&T Navigator: AT&T Navigator provides you with The Application menu provides quick access to the items you access to real-time GPS-driven applications. These use most frequently. programs not only allow you to achieve turn-by-turn navigation, but also access local searches based on a The following table contains a description of each variety of category parameters.
Camera: Use your 3.2 megapixel camera feature to Facebook: Facebook enables you to go directly to your produce photos in a JPEG format. It also features a Facebook account without accessing it through your Camcorder so you can take videos. For more web browser.
Google +: Google+ makes messaging and sharing with Maps: Depending on your location, you can view basic, your friends a lot easier. You can set up Circles of custom, and satellite maps and local business friends, visit the Stream to get updates from your information, including locations, contact information, Circles, use Messenger for fast messaging with and driving directions.
My Files: My Files allows you to manage your sounds, Play Music: With the Google Play Music application, while images, videos, bluetooth files, Android files, and other online, you can play music that you have added to your memory card data in one convenient location. For more music file as well as any music you copied from your PC.
Settings: This icon navigates to the sound and phone Task: The Task application allows you to keep track of settings for your phone. It includes such settings as: tasks that you have. You can also sync them with display, security, memory, and any extra settings different accounts.
Google Search Bar Voice Search: The Voice Search feature is a voice- activated application that allows you to tell the phone The Google Search Bar provides you an on-screen Internet what to search for and then the phone activates a search engine powered by Google™.
Home Key Sweep Press Home to display the Home screen. Press and hold To sweep, lightly drag your finger vertically or horizontally to display your recently used applications and a shortcut to across the screen. Use sweep when: the Task Manager. •...
Home Screen Overview The main home screen is the starting point for many applications and functions, and it allows you to add items like application icons, shortcuts, folders, or Google widgets to give you instant access to information and applications. This is the default page and accessible from any menu by pressing Navigating Through the Home Screens...
A sub-menu will appear at the bottom of the phone screen. 2. Tap an option. Sub-Menu items Note: As you add applications, the number of Application menus that you have available will increase. Navigating Using Sub-Menus Sub-menus are available when you are at any Home screen Accessing Recently-Used Applications or have selected a feature or application such as Phone, Contacts, Messaging, or Web.
Customizing Your Home Screen 5. Touch and hold the on-screen icon. This creates an immediate shortcut of the selected icon and closes the You can customize your Home screen by doing the following: Applications tab. The new shortcut then appears to •...
As you place the shortcut into the Trash, both items 8. Press to return to the Home screen. turn red. The new primary shortcut will now appear on all Home screens. Note: This action does not delete the shortcut, it just removes it from the current screen.
Removing a Widget 7. Touch and drag the icon to the position that you want. 1. Touch and hold a Widget until you can move it around To move to a different page, drag the icon to the edge on the screen. of the page until the page scrolls to the desired page.
Creating and Managing Folders 3. From the Add to Home window, tap Wallpapers. 4. Tap one of the following options: Folders are located on any of the seven available Home screens and can contain both files (such as data and images) •...
3. Touch and hold the Home screen you want to move. 5. Press to return to the main Home screen. 4. Drag it to the location that you would like to place it. Adding and Deleting Home Screens In the following example, the Facebook application is You can delete Home screens and then add Home screens moved to the last position.
4. Drag it to the trash can icon located at the bottom of To add a Home screen, follow these steps: the screen. 1. Press to activate the Home screen. 2. Press and tap Edit. 3. Touch and hold the Home screen that contains drag it to the new location.
Clearing Notifications 4. Press to return to the main Home screen. You can now add items to your new Home screen. To clear all notifications from the Notification panel: Notification Bar 1. From the Home screen, touch and hold the Notification Bar until the pull-down displays, then drag down The Notification Bar includes a pull-down list to show vertically.
Memory Card Important! If access to the external SD card is not available, Your device lets you use a microSD (SD) or microSDHC download and install the USB drivers. card to expand available memory space. This secure digital Mounting the SD Card card enables you to exchange images, music, and data between You can use an SD Card to store additional photos, music,...
2. Tap Unmount SD card. Warning! Performing the next step erases all data stored on 3. Tap OK. the SD card. For more information, refer to “Installing and Removing the Memory Card” on page 8. 5. Tap Erase everything to format or press to cancel.
Section 3: Call Functions Making an International Call This section describes how to make or answer a call. It also includes the features and functionality associated with 1. From the Home screen, tap , then touch and hold making or answering a call. .
Dialing a Recent Number Tip: You can create pauses longer than three seconds by All incoming, outgoing and missed calls are recorded in the entering multiple Call log. If the number or caller is listed in your Address 3 sec pauses. Book, the associated name also displayed.
5. Select a contact to assign to the number. The selected 1. At the incoming call screen: contact number will display in the speed dial number • Touch and drag in any direction to answer the call. box. • Touch and drag in any direction to reject the call and 6.
Dialing Options From the Home screen and Application menus, you have the option to access the Dialer and initiate a call by tapping Keypad. From the main Contacts page or from the Dialer, the following tabs are located at the top of your screen: •...
Call Log Viewing Missed Calls from the Lock Screen The number of calls you have missed is displayed on the The phone stores the numbers of the calls you’ve dialed, Lock screen. received, or missed in the Call log. The Call log displays the details of the call.
Calling Back a Missed Call If you want to replace the number for an existing contact, tap Update existing. To call back a missed call number: 1. From the Home screen, tap Logs A list of recent calls is displayed. If the number or caller is listed in your Address Book, the associated name is Call the number Send a message...
For more information, refer to “Creating and Sending Note: By default, your contacts are automatically saved to your Messages” on page 91. phone. To change where your contacts are saved to, Deleting a Call from the Call Log from the main Contacts screen, press More Settings Save new contacts to.
In-Call Options 3. Press Call duration. 4. The following times are displayed for Voice: During an active call there are several functions available by • Last call: shows the length of time for the last call. tapping a corresponding on-screen button. •...
– Tap Headset during a call to activate a Bluetooth headset. A 3. Enter the new number and tap green line will appear under the Headset button. Once connected, the active call will appear in a large – Tap Headset again to de-activate the Bluetooth headset. The box in the middle of your screen and the call on hold green line will turn grey when the Headset is not activated.
3-Way Calling (Multi-Party Calling) To answer a call while you have a call in progress 1. Touch and drag in any direction to answer another The 3-Way or Multi-Party feature allows you to answer a call. series of incoming calls and place them on hold. If this service is supported by the network, all calls can be joined 2.
5. Tap to end the call. 3. To deactivate the speakerphone, tap Speaker Using the Speakerphone During an Active Call Important! For more information, refer to “Responsible While in an active call, it is possible to enable the Listening” on page 183. speakerphone feature.
2. The phone will scan for your Bluetooth headset. When found, connect to the headset. The Headset button now appears as Headset and the Bluetooth headset is activated. 3. Tap Headset to deactivate the Bluetooth Headset headset and reactivate the phone speaker. Searching for a Number in Address Book 1.
Section 4: Entering Text This section describes how to use your keyboard when Note: When the QWERTY keyboard is used, the screen can entering text and how to select the desired text input method only display in the landscape orientation. when using the onscreen keypad.
1. Shift ( ): Press quickly to set uppercase or 9. Backspace ( ): Press to delete the previous lowercase. Press twice to set to type all uppercase. character, similar to the backspace key on a computer keyboard. Press and hold to clear all letters in the 2.
Using Emoticon Mode To enter symbols: 1. Press Emoticons are a group of characters that represent your mood or facial expression. Several Emoticons are available 2. Press the number of the symbol. on your phone’s keyboard and can be entered into your text. Note: When you are editing a phone number field, only To enter an Emoticon: numbers can be entered.
• Samsung Keypad: Samsung’s on-screen QWERTY keypad that can be used in both portrait and landscape orientation. • Swype: a new way to enter text on touch screens. Instead...
Symbol/Numeric Mode: activates the number, ?123 symbol, and emoticon keys. ABC Mode: activates the default alphabet keys. Can also be set to Abc or abc by using the shift key. Note: When in Abc mode, the Sym button will appear. When in Sym mode, the Abc/ABC/abc button will appear.
2. Tap ?123 at the bottom of the screen. The following 1. In the text portion of the message screen, begin typing screen displays: a word. A list of word options is displayed. Tap one of the words to replace the word that has already been typed or scroll the line of words to the left for more word choices.
1. From the Home screen, tap Applications Settings Language and keyboard Select input method. 2. Tap the Samsung keypad option. A green circle will appear. For information on changing Samsung Keypad settings, see “Samsung Keypad settings” on page 126.
Enabling and Configuring Swype • Move your finger or stylus over the apostrophe to enter contractions. The Android Keyboard is the default text input method, so to • use Swype, you must first change the default keyboard Double-tap on the word you want to change to correct a setting.
Section 5: Contacts and Your Address Book This section allows you to manage your daily contacts by Your Address Book is displayed. storing their name and number in your Address Book. Address Book entries can be sorted by name, entry, or group. Note: The main Home screen initially contains the Contacts icon.
• Take photo to use the camera to take a new picture and assign The keypad is displayed. it to this entry. The Work button initially displays next to the • Remove icon although not an option with a new entry, deletes Email address field.
12. Tap any of the following fields that you want to add to Note: By default, your contacts are automatically saved to your your new contact: phone. To change where your contacts are saved to, • Groups: assign the contact to Starred in Android, Co-workers, from the main Contacts screen, press More Family, Friends, or My contacts.
Using Contacts 6. Tap Pause to add a two-second pause or tap Wait to Dialing or Messaging from Address Book add a wait, and use the keypad to enter the additional numbers. A pause will be displayed as a comma (,) and Once you have stored phone numbers in the Address Book, a wait will be displayed as a semi-colon (;).
2. Within the Contacts list (sorted alphabetically), tap a Tap the contact you wish to call or message, then tap letter on the right side of the display to quickly jump to the phone icon to make a phone call or tap the the contacts beginning with that letter.
Joining Contacts For more information about synchronizing accounts, see “Synchronizing Accounts” on page 66. Joining Contact Information 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts Many people now maintain multiple email accounts, social 2. Tap a contact name (the name you want to join to networking logins, and other similar account information.
Unjoining a Contact 3. Press Mark as default. The Mark as default screen displays radio buttons next to the contact 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts names or phone numbers of all the linked contacts. 2. Tap a contact name (the account name from which you The radio button next to the default contact will be want to unlink an entry).
4. Tap Add account. • Import/Export: allows you to move contacts to or from your memory card. You can also send a namecard via Bluetooth, 5. Tap an account type to add. Email, Gmail, Messaging, or Wi-Fi Direct. 6. Follow the on-screen instructions. The selected •...
• Edit: allows you to edit the selected contact’s information. • Print namecard: allows you to print the contact’s namecard to • Delete: allows you to delete the contact from your Address a Samsung printer using Wi-Fi. Book. • Join contact: allows you to join contacts with other contacts...
Groups Creating a New Group Adding an Entry to a Group 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts Groups Create. 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts Groups 2. Tap the Group name field and use the on-screen 2. Press and hold the contact name that you want to add keypad to enter a new group name.
4. Make modifications to the Group Name or Ringtone 2. Within the Contacts list, touch and hold a contact that fields. you want to remove from your favorites list. Contacts in your Favorites list will have a gold star. 5. Tap Add member to add more contacts to this group. 3.
1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts The phone then displays a list of your current contacts Import/Export. stored on your SIM card. 2. Tap Export to SIM card. 4. Tap the contacts to place a checkmark adjacent to The phone then displays a list of your current phone those entries you wish to have copied to your phone.
All contacts are copied to your SD card. 2. Within the Contacts list, touch and hold a contact that you want to delete Note: Contacts are stored on your SD card in vCard files. 3. Tap Delete on the displayed list. 4.
Section 6: Multimedia This section explains how to use the multimedia features of 4. The following Music Player controls are available: your phone, including Music, Music Player, Movies, Live TV, Pause the song. Qik Lite, Videos, Gallery, Camera, and Camcorder. Music Player Start the song after being paused.
• More: displays the following: Allows you to listen to music using 5.1 Virtual – Settings: allows you to change your music player settings. For Surround Sound when using earphones. more information, refer to “Music Player Settings” on Displays your list of songs. List page 74.
• Music menu: this menu allows you to select which categories 3. Press Create. you want to display. Choices are: Albums, Artists, Genres, 4. Type a name for this playlist in the field and tap Save. Adding Music to a Playlist Folders, Composers, Years, Most played, Recently played, or Recently added.
Editing a Playlist 4. At the Get free music screen, tap Get free songs or Skip. 5. Follow the on-screen instructions for getting your free Besides adding and removing music files in a playlist, you can also rename the playlist. music.
Movies Note: The first time you use Live TV, you will need to download The Movies application allows you to rent movies to watch the updated application from the Market. When the on your phone. Market page displays, tap Update or Install then follow 1.
2. All videos that you have on your memory card will be Note: The screen view icons are a three-way toggle. The icon displayed. Tap the video that you want to play. that is displayed, is the mode that will appear after the 3.
• More: displays additional options for editing and printing. Note: If your device displays that the memory is full when you Viewing Videos access Gallery, delete some of the files by using My Files or other file management applications and try again. For Note: If no control icons are displayed on the screen in more information, refer to “My Files”...
Using the Camera – Details: provides details about the picture such as Title, Type, Taking Photos Date taken, name of the Album it is in, Location, Latitude and Longitude (GPS coordinates), Size, Resolution, Duration, and File Taking pictures with your device’s built-in camera is as location.
4. If desired, before taking the photo, you can tap Resolution Display Image Storage Battery Charge on-screen icons to access various camera options and Shooting settings. Mode Mode 5. Press the Camera key ( ) until the shutter sounds. Scene (The picture is automatically stored within your Camera Mode...
Camera Options • Panorama: takes a landscape photo by taking an Options are represented by icons across both sides of the initial photo and then adding additional images to screen. itself. The guide box lets you view the area where the second part of the panoramic picture should Note: The options disappear after a few seconds.
• Settings (Continued): Review: allows you to activate the instant review feature (On or Off) where images are displayed • Resolution: allows you to set the image size to immediately after review. either: 3.2M (2048x1536), 2M (1600x1200), or • 0.3M (640x480). GPS: allows you to turn GPS On or Off (also known as Geotagging).
Picture Image Viewer Options • Set as: allows you to assign the current image as a Contact icon to display for a specific entry within your Address Book, or as After you take a photo, you can access various options from Home screen or Lock screen wallpaper.
• Share: lets you share selected pictures with AllShare, AT&T • Show file extension: causes file extensions to be displayed. Social Net, Bluetooth, Email, Facebook, Gmail, Google +, For example, jpg. Messaging, Picasa, Social Hub, Wi-Fi Direct, and YouTube. • Set Home directory: allows you to choose and set the Home •...
Assigning an Image as a Wallpaper Shooting Video 1. From the Home screen, tap My Files Tip: When shooting video in direct sunlight or in bright DCIM Camera <image>. conditions, it is recommended that you provide your 2. Press Set as Home screen wallpaper.
Camcorder Options Settings: allows you to customize your camera Options are represented by icons across both sides of the settings. screen. Tap the tab for the following options: • Timer: allows you to set a timer for how long to Note: The options disappear after a few seconds.
Camcorder Options after a Video is Taken Settings (Continued): After you shoot a video, you can access various options from Tap the tab for the following options: the Image Viewer • Guidelines: allows you to turn the guidelines On or The following options are available: Off.
• Share: lets you share the selected videos with AllShare, AT&T • Show file extension: causes file extensions to be displayed. Social Net, Bluetooth, Email, Facebook, Gmail, Google +, For example, 3gp. Messaging, Picasa, Social Hub, Wi-Fi Direct, and YouTube. •...
Note: The screen view icons are a three-way toggle. The icon that is displayed, is the mode that will appear after the icon is tapped. • Original Size: ( ) the video will be played in its original size. • Full-Screen in Ratio View: ( ) the video is enlarged as much as possible without becoming distorted.
Section 7: Messaging This section describes how to send and receive different Important! When creating a message, adding an image, a types of messages. It also includes the features and sound file, or a video clip to a text message functionality associated with messaging.
3. If you tapped the icon, tap the Contacts, Recent, Note: If you exit a message before you send it, it will be Groups, or Favorites tab. The Contacts tab is the automatically saved as a draft. default. Message Options 4.
• • Add text: allows you to copy text from your Location, Contacts, Audio: allows you to choose an existing audio file from the Memo, or Calendar to add to your message. This is a Audio list, then add it to your message by tapping the circle to convenient feature for adding names, phone numbers, events, the right of the audio so that it turns green, then tapping OK.
• Contacts: allows you to add the name and phone number of • To pause playback of the multimedia message, tap any of your contacts to your message. 4. To scroll through the message (if additional text pages • Memo: allows you to add an entire memo to your message. have been added), touch the screen and in a single motion, scroll up or down the page.
Message Search • Delete thread: displays a confirmation dialog box that when pressed, deletes the entire thread. You can search through your messages by using the Deleting Messages Message Search feature. Deleting a single message 1. From the main Home screen, tap Messaging 2.
• Manage SIM card messages: allows you to manage the • CB activation: allows you to receive Cell Broadcast (CB) messages that you have stored on your SIM card. messages. • Message center: allows you to enter the number of your •...
coverage area, wireless emergency alerts may not be 4. All alerts are enabled by default (checkmark showing). available. For more information, please contact your Tap on an alert option to disable the alert and remove wireless provider. the checkmark. Using Email Emergency Alerts allows customers to receive geographically-targeted messages.
7. Tap Done. 10. Enter an Account name for this account (Optional). Synchronizing a Corporate Email Account Wait for the Inbox to synchronize before use. 11. Tap Done. Use the following procedure to configure your phone to 12. Press More Account Settings to change the synchronize with a corporate email account.
Switching Between Email Accounts 2. Sign in if you have a Google account, or tap Create an account and tap OK. 1. From the Home screen, tap Email 3. Follow the on-screen instructions. Your Email screen displays showing your emails from The Inbox loads conversations and email.
Viewing a Gmail Message – Settings: displays Email settings that you can modify. – 1. From the Gmail Inbox, tap a message to view it. Help: displays the Google.com webpage so you can search the 2. the following options are available: for help.
5. Visit www.google.com/mobile/+/ for more information. Note: The Network confirms your login and processes. This Messenger could take up to 5 minutes to complete. Messenger allows you to bring groups of friends together into a simple group conversation. When you get a new Note: If you have already signed into an IM account, it is conversation in Messenger, Google+ sends an update to your displayed on the Talk application screen.
7. From the Messenger screen, tap Learn more for more detailed information.
Section 8: Changing Your Settings Activating Wi-Fi This section explains the sound and phone settings for your phone. It includes such settings as: display, security, memory, 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings and any extra settings associated with your phone. Wireless and network Wi-Fi settings.
WPS Button Connection Auto connect is enabled. Wi-Fi networks The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button is a standard for easy and secure wireless network set up and connections. To All Wi-Fi networks that your phone can recognize are use WPS, the connecting device must support WPS and be displayed.
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Note: Bluetooth must be enabled prior to use. Wireless and network Wi-Fi Direct settings. Device Name 2. Tap Wi-Fi Direct. A check mark displayed indicates Wi- Fi Direct is active. For more information, refer to “Wi-Fi 1.
Visible time-out 3. Enter a PIN to pair with the device, if one is required, and tap OK. Visible time-out option allows you to make your device Tethering & portable hotspot visible for a certain time limit and become invisible. This option can only be accessed when your device is set to This option allows you to share your phones’s mobile data Visible.
VPN settings 4. Tap Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to add a checkmark and activate the feature. The Portable Wi-Fi hotspot icon The VPN settings menu allows you to set up and manage is displayed at the top of your screen. Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). 5.
4. Tap Enable Encryption to make a checkmark (if 3. Tap Set VPN server, add a name using the keypad, then desired). tap OK. 5. Tap DNS search domains, add a name for DNS search 4. Tap Set IPsec pre-shared key, enter a key and tap OK. using the keypad, then tap OK.
7. Tap Set CA certificate, then tap OK. 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Wireless and network Mobile networks. 8. Tap DNS search domains, add a name for DNS search using the keypad, then tap OK. 2. Tap Data roaming to create a checkmark and activate Mobile networks the feature.
2. Tap Network operators. 4. Tap Manual to locate and connect to a network The current network connection displays at the bottom manually, or tap Automatic to allow the device to of the list. automatically select a network. Call Settings Important! You must deactivate data service prior to searching To access the Call settings menu: for an available network.
Turn on proximity sensor Tap one of the pre-written messages to be displayed when you want the call to be rejected. From the Call Settings menu, tap Turn on proximity 3. Tap Save. sensor. Call alert When you answer a call, the screen will be turned off to save power.
TTY Mode • Fixed Dialing Numbers: allows you to restrict outgoing calls to a limited set of phone numbers. This menu is used to activate or deactivate TTY Mode for this Using Fixed Dialing Numbers device. 1. From the Call Settings menu, tap TTY mode. FDN (Fixed Dialing Number) mode restricts your outgoing 2.
Changing the PIN2 Code Voicemail service provided by your carrier is the 1. From the Call Settings menu, tap Additional settings default. Fixed Dialing Numbers. 2. Tap My carrier to remove the carrier Voicemail service. 2. Tap Change PIN2. Voicemail 3.
Phone ringtone 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Sound. 2. Tap Silent mode. This option allows you to set the ringtone. – or – 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Sound. 1. From the Home screen, press the Lock key until Phone 2.
Display Settings • Touch key light duration: allows you to set the time that the touch keys located on the bottom of your phone are lit. In this menu, you can change various settings for the display Power Saving Mode such as the font, wallpaper, clock position, brightness, orientation, animation, screen timeout, and touch key light Power Saving Mode allows you to manage your phone to...
Use GPS satellites • Brightness: allows you to manually adjust the brightness of the screen. Tap this option to enable the next Brightness option. This option allows you to locate locations accurately to street • Brightness: allows you to set the Brightness percentage of the level.
• None: disables screen unlock security. 3. Tap Lock SIM card, enter your SIM PIN code, then tap • Pattern: requires that you draw a pattern on the screen to unlock it. Follow the onscreen instructions. Note: You must activate Lock SIM card before you can change •...
Set up/Change password Note: If a device uses multiple enabled administration Use this option to set up your password when one is first applications, the strictest policy is enforced. required or change your current password. 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings 1.
4. Tap Set password to set or change the credential 2. Tap Unknown sources. storage password. A check mark is displayed to indicate it is active. Quick Launch 5. Tap Clear storage to clear the storage (SD card or phone memory) of all contents and reset the This feature allows you to set keyboard shortcuts to launch credentials password.
Using the Samsung Apps option the device notifies you when you are using Wi-Fi or Packet data for Samsung applications.
Running services 4. Tap the On SD card tab to see the memory usage for applications that are stored on your SD card. The Running services option allows you to view and control currently running services such as DataService, Google Talk, 5.
Privacy When this feature is activated, the screen will never sleep while charging. Location settings, backup configurations, or reset the phone Allow mock locations to erase all personal data. This feature is used for development purposes only. From the Home screen, tap Settings Privacy.
Storage 2. Tap Factory data reset. 3. If you want to erase all data on your USB storage, such From this menu you can view the memory allocation for the as music and photos, tap the Format USB storage memory card and USB as well as mount or unmount the SD checkbox to create a green checkmark.
Device memory 2. Select either Android keyboard, Samsung keypad, or Swype. The available memory displays under the Available space Swype Settings heading for your System memory. Language and keyboard To configure Swype settings: This setting allows you to configure the language in which to 1.
– Auto-capitalization: When enabled, automatically capitalizes • Vibrate on keypress: check this field to have the phone vibrate the first letter of the first word in a sentence. each time you touch a key on the keyboard. – Show complete trace: When enabled, briefly display the •...
Uppercase mode so you can start the new sentence 2. Tap Samsung keypad (Samsung keypad settings). with a capital letter. 3. Tap the Portrait keypad types field and select a text 11. Tap Tutorial for a short tutorial on using the Samsung input method: keypad. • Qwerty Keypad XT9 Advanced Settings •...
3. Tap the Word completion point field to set how many 10. To add a new word to the T9 dictionary: letters should be entered before a prediction is made. Tap the XT9 my words field, then press Add. Enter the new word in the Register to XT9 my words 4.
• Auto-punctuate: allows you to press the Space key twice to • Hide offensive words: allows you to hide recognized offensive insert text. words with asterisks. Voice Input and Output • InCar settings: allows you to set a variety of settings related to using Vlingo InCar.
• Google Account dashboard: allows you to manage the data • Language: assigns the language used for verbal readout. Tap you have collected. a language option. 4. Tap Text-to-speech settings to access the following • Pico TTS: allows you to modify settings for the Pico TTS default Accessibility Settings options: •...
• Answering key: tap this option to create a checkmark and 3. Tap Set date and use the plus or minus icons to set the accept incoming calls by pressing the home key. Month, Day, and Year then tap Set. •...
• Battery usage: displays the applications or services (in Note: Baseband, kernal and build numbers are usually used percentages) that are using battery power. for updates to the handset or support. For additional • Legal information: This option displays information about information please contact your AT&T service Open source licenses as well as Google legal information.
5. When updating software, once the delta file for FOTA update is downloaded, you can delay the update on the start screen by postponing it for a certain period of time. If you want to resume the update before the selected time, tap Continue update.
Section 9: Connections Zooming in and out of the Browser This section describes the various connections your phone can make including accessing the Internet with your There are several ways to Zoom in and out on your browser. Browser, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Connecting to your PC. After tapping on a link or article, use one of these methods: Browser •...
“Browser Settings” on page 137. 3. A list of search results displays. – Print: allows you to print the screen or web page on a Samsung 4. Tap a link to view the website. printer using Wi-Fi.
Using Bookmarks 3. Tap a bookmark to view the webpage, or touch and hold a bookmark for the following options: While navigating a website, you can bookmark a site to • Open: Opens the webpage of the selected bookmark. quickly and easily access it at a future time. The URLs (website addresses) of the bookmarked sites are displayed in •...
3. Tap OK. information (such as a username and password) which can pose a security risk if not properly managed. You can clear 4. Saved to bookmarks will appear at the bottom of the these cookies from your phone at any time. page.
1. From the Home webpage, tap Most visited • Auto-fit pages: Allows web pages to be resized to fit as much of the screen as possible. Most visited A list of your most visited webpages is displayed with • Landscape view only: Displays the browser in only the Name and URL address.
• Accept cookies: Allows sites, that require cookies, to save and • Website settings: View advanced settings for individual read cookies from your device. websites. • Clear all cookie data: Deletes all current browser cookie files. • Reset to default: Clears all browser data and resets all settings to default.
2. Tap the Wi-Fi field to activate the feature. A green 3. Tap the Security field and select a security option. This checkmark indicates that Wi-Fi is active. The device must match the current security setting on your target will scan for available in-range wireless networks and WAP.
Manually Scan for a Wi-Fi Network • Viewing your device’s MAC Address • 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Wireless Configuring use of either a DHCP or Static IP and network Wi-Fi settings. To access the Bluetooth Settings menu: 2.
4. Repeat steps 1 - 3 on the other device you want to 2. Tap the connected device name. For example, connect with. AndroidP2PXXXX. 5. Once the device you want to connect to is displayed, 3. The other device will receive a prompt to receive the tap on it.
Turning Bluetooth On and Off Displays when Bluetooth is disabled (default [no icon] status). To turn Bluetooth on: Bluetooth Settings 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Wireless and network Bluetooth settings. The Bluetooth settings menu allows you to set up many of the characteristics of your device’s Bluetooth service, 2.
4. Tap OK to complete the rename process. 1. Verify your Bluetooth is active. 2. Tap Scan for devices. Your device will display a list of To make your device visible: discovered in-range Bluetooth devices. 1. Verify your Bluetooth is active. 3.
Disconnecting a paired device Deleting a paired device (unpair) Disconnecting a paired device breaks the connection Deleting a device from your list removes its “connection between the device and your phone, but retains the record” and upon reconnection would require that you re- knowledge of the pairing.
4. Tap each contact that you would like to send via 2. On your phone, from the Home screen, tap Kies Bluetooth. A green checkmark will appear next to each entry you select. 3. From the Kies air homescreen, tap Start. 5.
Section 10: Applications This section contains a description of each application that is Note: To view more information about DLNA certified products available in the Applications Menu, its function, and how to visit http://www.dlna.org/home. navigate through that particular application. If the application is already described in another section of this user manual, 1.
AT&T Navigator 8. Tap an item that you want to stream to your phone. 9. Press Settings to configure the following AT&T Navigator provides you with access to real-time GPS- settings: driven applications. These programs not only allow you to •...
AT&T Social Net 6. To view calculator history, tap located at the top of the calculator buttons. A history of your past AT&T Social Net is a mobile social networking application calculations is displayed. Tap again to display that combines access to Facebook®, MySpace, Twitter and the calculator keypad.
• Day: the calendar displays the selected day with any events • Today: takes you to today’s date, if you are not already there. highlighted. • Search: allows you to search through your calendar for a • List: the Event List displays all events that you have added for particular word or words.
– Select time zone: allows you to set the time zone to which • Send via: allows you to send event information via Bluetooth, event times and dates will be locked. Email, Messaging, or Wi-Fi Direct. Camera – Set alerts and notifications: allows you to turn on audio alerts, set Status bar notification, or turn alerts off.
Turning Off an Alarm – Every weekday (Mon-Fri): sets the alarm to sound on all five weekdays. To stop an alarm when it sounds, touch and drag the – One-time event: sets the alarm to sound only once. icon in any direction. •...
World Clock Deleting a World Clock Entry 1. From the Home screen, tap Clock World World Clock allows you to view the time of day or night in clock Delete. other parts of the world. World Clock displays time in hundreds of different cities, within all 24 time zones around 2.
3. Tap the hr field to set hours if desired. As you tap 3. Tap the Other Downloads tab to see all other different fields, they will become highlighted. downloads. 4. Tap the sec field to set seconds. 4. Tap Sort by size to see your downloads sorted in size order.
Gallery Kies air The Gallery is where you view photos and play back videos. Kies air allows you to sync your Windows PC wirelessly with For photos, you can also perform basic editing tasks, view a your phone provided they are both on the same Wi-Fi slideshow, set photos as wallpaper or contact image, and network.
Live TV 6. Press Latitude Your location is displayed on the map, accurate to 30 Live TV is a subscription service that allows you to watch meters. your favorite TV shows using your handset. For more Sharing your Location with Friends information, refer to “Live TV”...
Memo 2. Tap the Use GPS satellites field. A green checkmark will display next to the field. This feature allows you to create a memo and send it via Bluetooth, Email, or Messaging. Note: Selecting Use GPS satellites allows you to locate places 1.
Movies • Create: allows you to create a new memo. • Delete: allows you to delete one or all of your memos. The Movies application allows you to rent movies to watch • Search: allows you to search your memos for a particular word on your phone.
Launching Navigation • external_sd: this folder displays all of the files that you have on your memory card. 1. From the Home screen, tap Navigation • bluetooth: this folder stores files sent via a Bluetooth device. 2. Read the Navigation information page and tap Accept to continue or Don’t Accept to exit.
Obtaining Driving Directions 5. As you drive the route display will be updated and you will receive voice-guided navigation directions. Your phone’s built-in GPS hardware allows you to get real- News & Weather time driving directions to selected locations or establishments based on your current location.
– Refresh settings: allows you to choose options for updating 4. The business details such as address, phone, website, content. and location are displayed. You can also see reviews from around the web and from Google users. – Application version: displays the application version number. Play Books 4.
Play Store 2. Tap the E-mail Address field, then use the keypad to enter your E-mail address. Tap Register Now. Play Store provides access to downloadable applications and – or – games to install on your phone. Play Store also allows you to provide feedback and comments about an application, or flag Tap Register Later.
Settings 2. To setup your Social Hub account, tap Setup now. 3. Tap on the Social Hub account type that you would like This widget navigates to the sound and phone settings for to setup. your phone. It includes such settings as: display, security, memory, and any extra settings associated with your phone.
Task 7. From the Task list screen, tap a task once you have completed it and a checkmark appears next to the With the Task application you can create a task list of things task. The task name is also grayed out so that you can you need to do and check them off after the task is complete.
• Storage: displays a summary of your device’s storage (used • “Text Jennifer How was school today?” and available). • “Call Bill Jones at work” • Help: displays information on how to extend battery life. • “Search fast food” Videos Voice Recorder The Video Player application plays video files stored on your The Voice Recorder allows you to record an audio file up to...
Voice Search • Share: allows you to share your recording using Bluetooth, Email, Gmail, Messaging, or Wi-Fi Direct. The Voice Search feature is a voice-activated application that • Delete: allows you to delete 1 or more voice recordings. Tap allows you to tell the phone what to search for and then the the recordings to delete and tap Delete.
YouTube 5. Tap to go to your camcorder so you can take your own videos. YouTube™ is a video sharing website on which users can upload and share videos. The site is used to display a wide Note: It is not necessary to sign in to the YouTube site to view variety of user-generated video content, including movie content.
2. Read the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and tap Accept to continue. 3. Read the introduction information and tap Continue. 4. Your location is found using GPS. Tap OK to allow YP to use your current location. 5. Enter a subject or business name, city, and state in the search field and tap Search.
Section 11: Health and Safety Information This section outlines the safety precautions associated with with RF energy, these studies have failed to be replicated. using your phone. The terms “mobile device” or “cell phone” The majority of studies published have failed to show an are used in this section to refer to your phone.
Interphone Study The energy levels associated with radio frequency energy, including both radio waves and microwaves, are not great Interphone is a large international study designed to enough to cause ionization of atoms and molecules. determine whether cell phones increase the risk of head and Therefore, RF energy is a type of non-ionizing radiation.
International Cohort Study on Mobile Phone Users Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) (COSMOS) Program of the National Cancer Institute The COSMOS study aims to conduct long-term health The National Cancer Institute (NCI) actively follows cancer monitoring of a large group of people to determine if there statistics in the United States to detect any change in rates of are any health issues linked to long-term exposure to radio new cases for brain cancer.
Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), and others to the U.S. are required to meet RF exposure compliance assure that safety standards continue to adequately protect requirements when used against the head and against the the public. body. Reducing Exposure: Hands-Free Kits and Other Because there are no known risks from exposure to RF Accessories emissions from cell phones, there is no reason to believe that...
Children and Cell Phones • Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): http://www.epa.gov/radtown/wireless-tech.html. The scientific evidence does not show a danger to any users • of cell phones from RF exposure, including children and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): teenagers. The steps adults can take to reduce RF exposure http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/radiofrequencyradiation/.
Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) The FCC SAR limit incorporates a substantial margin of safety Certification Information to give additional protection to the public and to account for any variations in measurements. Your wireless phone is a radio transmitter and receiver. It is SAR tests are conducted using standard operating positions designed and manufactured not to exceed the exposure accepted by the FCC with the phone transmitting at its...
SAR levels evaluated as in compliance with the FCC Samsung could void your authority to operate the device. RF exposure guidelines. This mobile phone has an FCC ID This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules.
This device is designed to receive wireless emergency alerts impaired. Samsung is committed to promoting responsible from the Commercial Mobile Alerting System ("CMAS"; driving and giving drivers the tools they need to understand which may also be known as the Personal Localized Alerting and address distractions.
If you consider a call necessary and appropriate, follow these Never use wireless data services such as text messaging, Web tips: browsing, or e-mail while operating a vehicle. • Use a hands-free device; Never watch videos, such as a movie or clip, or play video games while operating a vehicle.
If the phone and/or battery get wet, have them checked • Never use any charger or battery that is damaged in any way. by your service provider or contact Samsung, even if they appear • Do not allow the battery to touch metal objects. Accidental to be working properly.
Consumers should purchase manufacturer or We've made it easy for you to recycle your old Samsung carrier-recommended products and accessories. If unsure about mobile device by working with respected take-back whether a replacement battery or charger is compatible, contact companies in every state in the country.
Mail It In The Samsung Mobile Take-Back Program will provide UL Certified Travel Charger Samsung customers with a free recycling mailing label. The Travel Charger for this phone has met applicable UL Just go to safety requirements. Please adhere to the following safety http://www.samsung.com/us/aboutsamsung/citizenship/...
WARNING REGARDING DISPLAY The display on your mobile device is made of glass or Certain Samsung mobile devices can use a Global Positioning acrylic and could break if your mobile device is System (GPS) signal for location based applications. A GPS dropped or if it receives significant impact.
• Remain on the mobile device for as long as the emergency make or receive any calls, the mobile device must be switched on and in a service area with adequate signal responder instructs you. Navigation strength. Emergency calls may not be possible on all wireless mobile Maps, directions, and other navigation-data, including data device networks or when certain network services and/or relating to your current location, may contain inaccurate or...
Do not expose your mobile device to dust, dirt, or sand. years: Cleaning solutions Keep your Samsung Mobile Device away from: Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong Liquids of any kind detergents to clean the mobile device. Wipe it with a soft Keep the mobile device dry.
Responsible Listening that are used. As a result, there is no single volume setting that is appropriate for everyone or for every combination of Caution! Avoid potential hearing loss. sound, settings, and equipment. You should follow some common sense recommendations Damage to hearing occurs when a person is exposed to loud when using any portable audio device: sounds over time.
• Limit the amount of time you listen. As the volume increases, less National Institute on Deafness and Other time is required before you hearing could be affected. Communication Disorders • Avoid using headphones after exposure to extremely loud noises, National Institutes of Health such as rock concerts, that might cause temporary hearing loss.
Implantable Medical Devices Email: email@example.com A minimum separation of six (6) inches should be maintained Internet: between a handheld wireless mobile device and an http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/noise/ implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker or default.html implantable cardioverter defibrillator, to avoid potential 1-888-232-6348 TTY interference with the device.
Other Medical Devices or fire resulting in bodily injury or even death. Users are advised to switch the mobile device off while at a refueling If you use any other personal medical devices, consult the point (service station). manufacturer of your device to determine if it is adequately shielded from external RF energy.
FCC Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) be able to use a rated mobile device successfully. Trying out Regulations for Wireless Devices the mobile device with your hearing device is the best way to evaluate it for your personal needs. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has M-Ratings: Wireless mobile devices rated M3 or M4 meet established requirements for digital wireless mobile devices FCC requirements and are likely to generate less interference...
hearing aid meets the M2 level rating and the wireless The HAC rating and measurement procedure are described in mobile device meets the M3 level rating, the sum of the two the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) C63.19 values equals M5. standard.
Keep the mobile device and all its parts and accessories out Although your mobile device is quite sturdy, it is a complex of the reach of small children. piece of equipment and can be broken. Avoid dropping, FCC Notice and Cautions hitting, bending, or sitting on it.
• • For vehicles equipped with an air bag, remember that an air bag Reduce risk of repetitive motion injuries. When you repetitively inflates with great force. Do not place objects, including installed perform actions, such as pressing keys, drawing characters on a or portable wireless equipment near or in the area over the air touch screen with your fingers, or playing games, you may bag or in the air bag deployment area.
Case/Pouch/Holster 90 Days SAMSUNG; (g) defects or damage resulting from improper Other Phone Accessories 1 Year testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by SAMSUNG;...
(iii) the battery has return the Product to an authorized phone service facility in been used in equipment other than the SAMSUNG phone for an adequate container for shipping, accompanied by the which it is specified.
ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY claims, whether in advertising, presentations or otherwise, LASTS, OR THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL on behalf of SAMSUNG regarding the Products or this Limited OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS Warranty.
For any arbitration in which your total damage claims, exclusive of attorney fees and expert witness fees, are ALL DISPUTES WITH SAMSUNG ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM $5,000.00 or less (“Small Claim”), the arbitrator may, if you THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE SALE, CONDITION OR...
You may opt out of this dispute resolution procedure by Severability providing notice to SAMSUNG no later than 30 calendar days If any portion of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or from the date of the first consumer purchaser’s purchase of the unenforceable, such partial illegality or unenforceability shall Product.
No reproduction in whole or in part allowed without prior RETAILER FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT. written approval. Specifications and availability subject to 1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Samsung Electronics Co. grants you change without notice.  End User License Agreement for...
Software. unless it is in connection with the sale of the mobile device 4. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that Samsung which the Software accompanied. In such event, the transfer Electronics Co. and its affiliates may collect and use...
License will terminate automatically without ITS AFFILIATES SHALL BE DEEMED TO ALTER THIS notice from Samsung Electronics Co. if you fail to comply DISCLAIMER BY SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. OF WARRANTY with any of the terms and conditions of this EULA. Upon...
ANY THIRD PARTY APPLICATION PROVIDER OR THE USE TO policy, if such a policy exists. SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. WHICH SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PUT BY SUCH THIRD PARTY APPLICATION PROVIDER. ANY THIRD...
ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND FROM SAMSUNG OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. OR ELECTRONICS CO., EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY SHALL BE DEEMED TO...
EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. parties. 13. U.S. Government End Users Restricted Rights. The (b) United States residents. ALL DISPUTES WITH SAMSUNG Software is licensed only with "restricted rights" and as ELECTRONICS CO. ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THIS EULA OR "commercial items"...
"Arbitration as part of any award, but may not grant Samsung Electronics Opt Out." You must include in the opt out e-mail (a) your Co. its attorney fees, expert witness fees or costs unless it is name and address;...
Please read through those documents to make and representations with respect to the Software or any other sure you understand the basis on which Samsung is subject matter covered by this EULA. If any provision of this providing the Service to you.
Service, you agree to provide truthful and ("Amendments"). complete information. Providing misleading information Samsung may provide you with notice of the Amendments by about your identity is forbidden. When you first use the sending an email message to the email address listed in your...
Service. those permitted under the Terms. Without limiting this Samsung may restrict access to any part of the Service or restriction, you must not use the service for any illegal...
Samsung expressly disclaims any responsibility or Samsung does not represent or warrant that the Service, or liability for any interruption or suspension of any third party any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any content or service.
Samsung, for such as device serial number of the devices sold by the example your acceptance of the Terms, will be automatically operator with preinstalled software for the Service.
ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICE, NOR SHALL SAMSUNG THESE STATUTORY PROVISIONS. IF THESE STATUTORY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MALICIOUS CODE CONTAINED PROVISIONS APPLY, TO THE EXTENT TO WHICH SAMSUNG IS ON OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH BY THIRD PARTIES. ABLE TO DO SO, SAMSUNG LIMITS ITS LIABILITY UNDER...
Terms, ii) your Samsung, with respect to your use of the Service. Your use of infringement or violation of any intellectual property, other...
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. ("Samsung") is committed to in an electronic format. We may also combine personal protecting the online privacy of visitors, users and customers information we collect online with information available from to our Social Hub service.
fully utilize all of the features or components of the Service if use aggregated non-personal information about our users to you choose not to provide certain information. If you do understand the demographics of users of the Service, such choose to give us personal information through the Service, as the percentage of male and female users, the geographic we will collect and retain that information.
at any time that we not e-mail you in future by clicking the We require these companies to use your personal "unsubscribe" link which is included at the bottom of any information only to provide the particular product or service e-mail that you receive from us.
Service and Samsung, intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. our users, or others.
If at any time you be directed via e-mail to s.dufresne@Samsung.com, or via wish to update your information or stop receiving regular mail to:...
3. OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY 4.2.2 already in your possession, provided that Licensee can RIGHTS show such possession from written records (other than as a result of a breach of this clause 4); or 3.1 Your only right to use the Software is by virtue of this 4.2.3 which you can demonstrate is in the public domain License and you acknowledge that all intellectual property (other than as a result of a breach of this clause 4).
6.4 Disclaimer of Certain Damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL LICENSE YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY SAMSUNG BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY PARTY RELATED TO AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE. YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, 6.3 SUBJECT TO CLAUSE 6.1 LICENSOR WILL BE UNDER NO...
AND WAIVER ALSO APPLIES TO ANY CLAIMS YOU MAY BRING without prejudice to the rights, duties and liabilities of either AGAINST ANY OTHER PARTY TO THE EXTENT THAT SAMSUNG party accrued prior to termination. Clauses 2.2, 2.3, 3, 4, 5, WOULD BE REQUIRED TO INDEMNIFY THAT PARTY FOR SUCH 6, 7.3, 8, 9 and 10 of this License will continue to be...
will comply with the laws of any jurisdiction that apply to the 10.5 Licensor reserves the right to revise the terms of this Software, including without limitation any applicable export License by updating the License on its web site, or by laws or regulations.
Section 13: Samsung Product Registration Sign Up Now Customize your Samsung device experience • Activate product warranty • Access to a personalized My Samsung Mobile account • No monthly fees Get More • Latest info on promotions, events and special offers on related products •...
Index Applications Adjusting the Call Volume 47 Using the Camcorder 86 Answering a Call 42 Abc mode 56 Using the Camera 80 Call Back Missed Call 45 Adding a New Contact World Clock 152 Call Duration 46 Idle Screen 60 Call Log 44 Address Book 60 Call Waiting 51...
Accessing the Video Folder 88 Numbers 53 Camcorder Options 87 Punctuation marks 53 Device memory 124 Shooting Video 86 Symbols 53 Display Camcorder Options Using 123Sym Mode 56 icons 19 Camcorder Options after a Video is Using Abc Mode 56 Display / Touch-Screen 180 Taken 88 Using Android Keyboard 58...
Google Maps 155 Menu Navigation 27 Google Play Music 76 Message Options 92 Keypad Google Search Bar 27 Message Search 95 Changing Text Input 55 GPS 180 Messaging Keys Group Creating and Sending Text Backspace 53 Adding an Entry 69 Messages 91 Enter 53 Editing 69...
Responsible Listening 183 Rear View 18 Restricting Children's Access to Your Navigation 158 Side View 16 Mobile device 188 command keys 27 Switching On/Off 11 context-sensitive menus 28 Pictures 78 Samsung Mobile Products and Recy- terms used 28 Gallery 78...
cling 178 Swap 48 Front View 15 SD Card 38 SWYPE Rear View 18 Search Bar 27 entering text using 58 Side Views 16 Service Dialing Numbers 72 Swype Settings 59 USB storage 123 Settings Symbol key 53 Use wireless networks 116 enabling wireless network Symbol/Numeric mode 56 Using Favorites...
Widgets Calculator 22 Calendar 22 Camera 23 Gmail 23 Memo 24 Settings 26 Video Player 26 Voice Recorder 26 Voice Search 27 YouTube 27 Wi-Fi Direct 104 World Clock Deleting an Entry 152 World clock 152 Yellowpages 166 YouTube 166 YPmobile (Yellow Pages mobile) 166...