The information about the network is saved. Your device will con-
nect to this network automatically the next time you come within
Forget a Wi-Fi network
You can make the tablet forget about the details of a Wi-Fi net-
work that you added—for example, if you don't want the tablet to
connect to it automatically or if it's a network that you no longer
1. Turn on Wi-Fi, if it's not already on.
2. in the Wi-Fi settings screen, touch the name of the network.
3. Touch Forget in the dialog that opens.
Configure proxy settings for a Wi-Fi network
some network administrators require you to connect to internal
or external network resources via a proxy server. by default, the
Wi-Fi networks you add are not configured to connect via a proxy,
but you can change that for each Wi-Fi network you've added.
Proxy settings are used by browser but may not be used by other
1. Touch & hold a network in the list of Wi-Fi networks you've
2. Touch Modify network in the dialog that opens.
3. select Show advanced options.
4. if the network has no proxy settings, touch none under Proxy
settings, then touch Manual in the menu that opens.
5. enter the proxy settings supplied by your network admini-
6. Touch Save.
Nexus 7 Guidebook
CoNNeCT To NeTWoRks