BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely and carefully.
instructions for local inspector's use.
governing codes and ordinances.
• Note to Installer - Be sure to leave these instructions with
• Note to Customer - Keep these instructions with your Use
and Care Book for future reference.
• This dryer must be exhausted to the outdoors.
• Before the old dryer is removed from service or discarded,
remove the dryer door.
• Service information and the wiring diagram are located in
the control console.
• Do not allow children on or in the appliance. Close
supervision of children is necessary when the appliance is
used near children.
SLIP JOINT PLIERS
FLAT BLADE SCREWDRIVER
Step 1 Prepare the Area and Exhaust for Installation of
New Dryer (see section 1).
Step 2 Check and Ensure the Existing External Exhaust is
Clean (see section 1) and Meets Attached Installation
Speciﬁcations (see section 3).
Step 3 Remove the Foam Shipping Pads (see section 1).
Step 4 Move the Dryer to the Desired Location.
Step 5 Connect the Power Supply (see section 2).
Step 6 Connect the External Exhaust (see section 4).
Step 7 Level Your Dryer (see section 5).
Questions on Installation? Call: 1-800-GECARES (US)
or Visit our Web site at: www.GEAppliances.com (US)
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
4" DIA. METAL DUCT
4" DIA. FLEXIBLE METAL DUCT
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
• Use only rigid metal or ﬂexible metal 4-in. diameter
ductwork for exhausting to the outdoors. Never
use plastic or other combustible, easy-to-puncture ductwork.
• This appliance must be properly grounded and installed
as described in these instructions.
• Do not install or store appliance in an area where it
will be exposed to water and/or weather
• Install the dryer where the temperature is above 50ºF
for satisfactory operation of the dryer control system.
NOTE: Installation and service of this dryer
requires basic mechanical and electrical skills.
It is your responsibility to contact a qualified
installer to make the electrical connections.
4" DIA. METAL
Step 8 Check the Operation of the Power Supply
Step 9 Place the Owners Manual and the Installation
Instructions in a Location Where They Will Be
Noticed By the Owner.
For Alcove or Closet Installation, see section 6.
For Bathroom or Bedroom Installation, see section 7.
For Mobile or Manufactured Home see, section 8.
For side or bottom exhaust, see section 9.
UL RATED 120/240V, 30A
WITH 3 OR 4 PRONGS.
3/4" STRAIN RELIEF
IDENTIFY THE PLUG TYPE
AS PER THE HOUSE
PURCHASING LINE CORD.