• Select a firm, level and flat location. For best airflow, locate the unit at least 3 feet (1 M) from any wall
• When operating, large volumes of air are drawn toward the air purifier. Surrounding areas should be
cleaned and/or vacuumed frequently to prevent build-up of dust and other contaminates. This may
also help prolong the life of the filter. If the unit is placed on a light colored carpet, a small mat or rug
should be used underneath to prevent permanent staining. This is especially important in homes with
contamination from smoking, fireplaces, or where candles are burned.
• Ensure the front of the unit faces away from the closest wall or furniture.
• Ensure no grilles are blocked.
INSTALL TRUE HEPA FILTERS
The True-HEPA Filters are supplied within the air purifier. They are wrapped to
ensure purity, and are labeled to help identify the proper replacement filter.
• Turn-off and unplug the air purifier. While pressing on the tab at the top of the
rear grille, pull the grille towards you and remove it (See Fig. 2). Grasp the sides
of each filter frame near its top end and pull outward. Repeat for the second
• Remove protective wrap from the filters.
• Place back into the air purifier housing by inserting the bottom edge of the filter
frame behind the two corner tabs and press the top down and inward until the
filter snaps in place.
• Snap the filter grille back into place.
Models HPA-050 and HPA-150 Operation:
Ensure the air purifier's control knob is turned to the OFF position (
and plug the power cord into a working electrical outlet. (Fig. 3).
It is recommended you run your air purifier 24 hours a day to ensure
Portable air purifiers are more effective in rooms where all doors and
windows are closed.